Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you remind yourself to be grateful for what you have?

ManaMinori

Fairly often. It helps me to keep perspective for how lucky I am. When my family sits down to pray during dinner we usually have a special intentions moment and it's during those moments when I really stop to consider the entire world and how much aid is needed to so many people. Thus the logic goes the other way. I'm sitting with a family that loves me, both parents alive, healthy, and happily married, brothers, food, a house, a college degree. Kind of hard not to notice how lucky I am. To which, I am exceedingly grateful.   :)

I definitely try to remind myself more often to be grateful for what I have on a regular basis. Otherwise, it can be so easy to focus on your own self so much that you forget to count your blessings, and to remember that there are others in worse situations that you should try to help! :)

• Brohoof 1

No behavioral pattern hinders my genuine expression.

Neither I find relief in the comparison of different life experiences.

Such instinctual behaviours are more proper of self-centered life forms, commonly associated with fear and survival. Also a lacking consciousness and empathy, due to null life experience.

I got issues of my own to deal with, but I'm SO grateful that they're not as bad as some people's issues. I mean, watching the news on a dail basis, I see there's thousands of fires in my state just burning up people's homes to nothing. Devistating floods in other countries, submerging houses and everything else, volcanic eruptions causing evacuations, refugees uprooting their lives to get out of war-torn countries, with just the clothes on their back, while being treated like animals by the people who take them into asylum, other people living on less thsn a dollar a day, hurting for food and d clean water (world's going to hell in a handbasket)...and...I got it pretty dang good, with a roof over my head, plenty of food, a bed.

Just makes me appreciate the basic necessities more, when others don't even have that, sad as it is.

How often do you remind yourselves to truly be appreciative of all the luxuries, in comparison, that you have?

Honestly, about two years ago, I made it a resolution to become a daily habit. I have this ring my husband got for me on our honeymoon, and every time I touch it, to clean it or remove it, or put it back on, whatever- I think of 5 things I'm grateful for. As the day goes on, those 5 things have to be different. It was hard at first, and I found myself struggling not to repeat my items, but as time wore on, I found it easier and easier to do. It was like the more I was grateful, the more things happened to make me feel that gratitude all over again. To this day it's still a habit, and I give it full credit for pulling me through my disease and diagnosis. <3

I remind myself how lucky I am to live in a first world country whenever I get upset about my situation.  I also like looking at events in the past whenever I start to feel like this world sucks.  

I've reminded myself fairly often in recent times. Since developing some difficult physical issues lately I've had many occasions to remember all that I used to take for granted. This is a very good thing and a necessary step for me, because I have a lot to be deeply grateful for in so many ways and I haven't shown the gratitude that is greatly overdue. Perspective is a wonderful gift and I'm happy to have a better sense of it. 

Actually very often. whenever I wish I had more money or whatever, I think of my Phone, Keys, and wallet, and remember that im carrying 1000$ worth of stuff just on me walking around. I mean its not a lot by some standards but by others it is. Good to live in a first world country

Well most of the time as there is always a strange feeling in my head that always tells me that the world is dependent on me and without me humanity would perish from existence within the next 100 years. It's always telling me that I discovered the very lifeblood of not only the universe but everything in existence and that was universal energy I think? Apparently it allowed us to expand into other universes making us into a universal race. It's a very strange thing but it makes me feel extremely important and powerful. But still just maby what it's telling me is actually true. :)

My family definitely tends to remind me very often of how lucky I am to have been brought into this world. Recently, I've been thinking that it's rather selfish of me to feel down and depressed, when I have nowhere near enough reasons to feel that way... Eh... I'm just lucky, is all~

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Not as much as I should. I have a lot to be thankful for, honestly. My parents, while I don't see eye to eye with them, raised me pretty well, giving me the gift of a good work ethic and teaching me to fend for myself. I sort of like my job, it's not too hard and it gives me a place to stay, pays the bills and gets me discounts at Chick-fil-A.

But what makes life easy is the friends that I have. I have three very good ones right now, two that I know online and one IRL. I'm so happy to have them, they make living that much easier and more fun. Can't thank you enough, Diane, Vanessa and Jon.