Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If every pony had to share colors, whose would you pick?

KillerKingBakudan

Celestia gets drunk and decrees that all ponies, including herself and the other alicorns, must bear the same coat, main and tail colors as a single pony of your choice. When you point your finger at this pony, the rest will magically change to match. 

Celestia's sober enough to remember that telling each other apart is still important, so this spell will not apply to cutie marks.

Whose colors do you dump on Equestria?

Celestia would be the best choice, keeping in mind the feelings of every other pony. Choosing a regular pony risks an inflated ego, as they will always be the original, and everyone would know it. It would also feel bad knowing that some pony, just like you, was picked over you - implying they're better or of more value. Where as by picking Celestia there leaves nobody feeling inferior or superior to another pony. Ponies already accept Celestia as their leader, so it wouldn't even be questioned as to why her colours were picked for the ponies.

Her colours are also the best of the alicorn colours, due to them being more varied than Luna's, and less colour dominant than Cadence's(her palette being primarily warm colours close to pinks). They have the most balance across the colours, while still being varied enough for ponies to work with for more unique appearances despite same colour palettes.

• Brohoof 4

Celestia's colors actually. The pinkish white and soft pastels are easy on the eyes.

Though even completely drunk I don't think she'd be comfortable having everyone look like her.

She's uncomfortable enough just having ponies fall all over themselves before her.

• Brohoof 1

Celestia's colors actually. The pinkish white and soft pastels are easy on the eyes.

Though even completely drunk I don't think she'd be comfortable having everyone look like her.

She's uncomfortable enough just having ponies fall all over themselves before her.

makes it easier to convince her to turn them back.

*transforms his hoof into some harpoon-like needle, with multi colored tubes lining it* I'll take all yer spect... i mean colors pls. thank you for your cooperation, the cloudsdale weather corporation will be most pleased with your "donation".

Edited by Darkly SteamGear

I think Celestia's Color scheme would work the best.  

Besides that another favorite color scheme of mine would be Twilight's.

So if this were to happen then I would like either of their colors to reign supreme.

Celestia would be the best choice, keeping in mind the feelings of every other pony. Choosing a regular pony risks an inflated ego, as they will always be the original, and everyone would know it. It would also feel bad knowing that some pony, just like you, was picked over you - implying they're better or of more value. Where as by picking Celestia there leaves nobody feeling inferior or superior to another pony. Ponies already accept Celestia as their leader, so it wouldn't even be questioned as to why her colours were picked for the ponies.

I like the thought put into not hurting feelings, but if everyone were made to look just like Celestia, that could make Celestia look like narcissistic tyrant who wants everyone to look like her. It could cause the ponies to lose faith in her ability to lead Equestria in the best interests of the people and might cause a revolt. Then again, it would probably get changed back to normal just as soon as Celestia sobered up so I'm sure it wouldn't come to war before everything was fixed.

I like the thought put into not hurting feelings, but if everyone were made to look just like Celestia, that could make Celestia look like narcissistic tyrant who wants everyone to look like her. It could cause the ponies to lose faith in her ability to lead Equestria in the best interests of the people and might cause a revolt. Then again, it would probably get changed back to normal just as soon as Celestia sobered up so I'm sure it wouldn't come to war before everything was fixed.

Nothing in the rules says it's a secret, however. A simple fix would just be explaining to everypony that you were told to pick a pony to which everyone's coats would match. So it's just a matter of saying Celestia was the best choice objectively, so as to not make any pony feel needlessly inferior or superior to another. :P

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...
On 2015-09-16 at 7:20 AM, KillerKingBakudan said:

Celestia gets drunk and decrees that all ponies, including herself and the other alicorns, must bear the same coat, main and tail colors as a single pony of your choice. When you point your finger at this pony, the rest will magically change to match. 

Celestia's sober enough to remember that telling each other apart is still important, so this spell will not apply to cutie marks.

Whose colors do you dump on Equestria?

See the source image Rainbow dash with all her fellow rainbow dash friend.

( I am slowly going insane)