Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Long Nails or Short Nails?

Lunar Echo

I bite mine down to the nubs. :v

My brother in KY used to bite his nails, and his grandmother used to put nail hardener on them. I don't know if this is still the case, but when we were in HS, he had to cut his nails with scissors. :x

• Brohoof 1

I like to have a nice inbetween! Long nails tend to be useful in some circumstances, but short are more convenient overall. Either way, my nail bed is short since I used to bite my nails. To actually have them grow long enough to scratch anything takes ages.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I like the way long nails look? But my nails are annoyingly fragile and break at the slightest provocation if I let them get too long. I actually just got done trimming them not too long ago today.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Mine are medium length. I used to bite my nails when I was little, and once I stopped I liked wearing them long for a while (just compensating I guess). I keep them medium now because it's a good compromise. I like the look of them short or long, but it can be useful to have a little extra length sometimes. It also looks good with a little nail color added.  :grin:

I want my nails to be short. Long nails just get dirty and get in the way IMO. Although sometimes a slightly longer nail can be useful in getting your finger under something.

• Brohoof 1

Short. I feel waaay more comfortable like that, long nails tend to get in the way sometimes.

• 2 years later...

I’ve responded to this thread long ago, but just to update, I wear my nails just to the tip of my fingers now. That’s the standard required at work and I like them that way so they’re likely to remain as such.  

• Brohoof 1

I prefer my nails short, but I barely cut them to the point where they're almost always on the longer side.

Me: I like long nails, they look nice and all!

Also me: *cuts its own nails repeatedly*

...I mean, I like short nails as well, but I would like to have a bit of longer ones for a change without cutting them without thinking much, you know?