S05:E15 - Rarity Investigates  

206 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!

I loved the noire aspect :love:  :wub: . Maybe even better than MMMystery on the friendship express.  :o

Also the trumpeter on a balcony, they even had a harmon mute in the bell! This makes my trumpeter soul soar.

• Brohoof 3

Wait, wait, WAIT. It was the random character who was only just now introduced and whose guilt will not make a difference to the show in the long run?! That's...really predictable, actually. Not as bad as everyone on a train eating a cake, though.

Cute episode. Some funny moments, nice soundtrack. Wish the mystery was better.

• Brohoof 7

The whole 1940s noire theme throughout gave this episode a certain charm that we just haven't seen thus far. I couldn't stop thinking about LA Noire the entire time. 

my_little_l_a__noire_by_badmunky64-d4a9q

Now I have to play that game today :lol:

• Brohoof 4

Awesome episode and a lot of nice outfits from Rarity! I liked the one she wore while interrogating the guards, lol.

Kinda lame it turned out to be the new guy they introduced.

I lol'd when it went all noir, I really thought that was cool. And that mlp jazz theme at the end~~ I hope someone uploads that to youtube.

• Brohoof 2

Okay despite the fact that I saw that ending coming from a mile away (It's very hard to do these plots and make it not predictable) It was a pretty enjoyable ride. Also the Wonderbolts weren't jerks  here unless you count them accusing Rainbow Dash which is the catalyst anyway. So yeah, this makes up for their attitude in Rainbow Falls.

As a noir fan, this episode pleased me in so many ways. I loved the fact that they started at the Boutique again for a touch of continuity and the fact that they parodied several Noir staples made me laugh. This episode was even better than last week's!

I did however have one problem with it. Well...two actually, since I find it hard to believe that everyone could suspect Rainbow Dash so quickly. But that was crucial to the episode so I'll give it a pass. What I didn't like is the fact that Windrider was about as obvious as a neon hammer to the skull as the culprit from the get-go,  which kinda made all this build-up rather pointless in the long-run. I would have preferred it if it had been anyone except for Windrider (for a moment I even suspect Spitfire's mom after tha bakery claimed that a mare picked up the cake and then she tried to not only frame Dash, but Windrider as well!. Wouldn't that have been awesome?! 

Don't know how you would mistake a stallion for a mare, but whatever. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

That was awesome.  :D

But let's face it, the culprit was quite predictable. Still, Detective Rarity is best Rarity. 

Also, hypocrite much, Spitfire? :okiedokielokie:  If I recall correctly, you used similarly shady tactics to replace Soarin with Dash, so you're hardly one to kick someone out of the Wonderbolts over similarly dishonorable actions. 

• Brohoof 9

I rather enjoyed this episode.

For starters it was nice to finally have an episode focusing on both Rainbow Dash and Rarity which is a pair we haven't seen coming.

Plus I really enjoyed when the animation and episode switched to a film noir style.  That was definitely the episode's highlight.

Plus Rarity was pretty amusing in this episode as well.

Mystery was kinda predictable, Wonderbolts were sort of jerks, assuming Dash was guilty until proven innocent, instead of the other way around. I know she had a good motive and all, but that's not enough to just say she's guilty.

Other than that, this is probably one of the most charming episodes so far this season. Both Rarity and Rainbow felt really in character and were both pretty amusing, not to mention finally getting to see them interact more often in the show. The black and white and smooth jazz gave the episode a pretty unique atmosphere, at least for the show, and I loved seeing all of Rarity's new outfit's. Rainbow making progress in her career, just like Rarity did last episode is great to see too.

Also, nice to see that Sassy Saddles just didn't cease to exist the second the last episode ended.

• Brohoof 2

How could they include a scene about baking without Pinkie Pie or the Cakes?  :lol:

But anyway, it was a great episode. Although, much like Wonderbolts Academy, the ending was a bit extreme on the background pony.

Edited by Zerbu