Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What have been your worst times to get sick?

Grtxkkyz

Well, I'm pretty sure this has happened to all of us sometimes. There's a certain time of the year, month or week we've all chosen to plan and do a huge project of thing. Something like an awesome tour for summer vacations, going out camping or just hanging out with friends at the mall. And when that day comes we end up falling sick, either by a cold, stomachache, headache or the like, and our plan gets ruined and we have to stay in bed. So, the question is, did something like this has happened to you and what was it? Mine, well, I got sick with cold during Christmas, which was bad because my family and i had planed plenty of tours and rides to go out. I also got sick during Easter vacations once.

Not really sick, but bad time for injury. I once passed out during breathing exercises, which caued me to brake my nose and bite through my lower lip a week before a Bands of America Super Regional. I couldn't play my instrument during the show, I could only march.

Edited by Melon Blitz
  • Brohoof 1

I got horrendously sick the day of a test you could only take a single time for free. By horrendously sick I mean a freaking 103 degree fahrenheit fever. I still went to school that day however and made one of the highest scores on that test in the whole school while also getting bored and giving up halfway through. I think I'm either extremely stubborn, indestructible, or an idiot... Maybe all three at once. That was also the last time I've ever been sick and that was like 4 years ago.

I came down with something like... 20 minutes before class was over. 

I felt so sick that I just gathered my stuff and walked out and went home. My teacher didn't even notice I left  :sunbutt:

During my last year's final exams.... I missed two exams, but got to take one of them as an medicinal excuse. I got sick... badly.... it was not very good and I had a hard time recovering (since I usually never ever get sick. It is very rare, however, when I do get sick, I get very very sick) D: 

I get sick so often, I'm surprised it usually works out that I'm not sick when it would be terrible timing.

In fact, the only thing that comes to mind is a decade ago when I was in my high school's marching band. That season I was an alternative, which I suppose definitely made things a little better for this, as I wasn't the one marching the show that day.

Anyway, it was early in the season and very hot - I forget whether it was the first football game we marched at or the first competition - but I got a really bad migraine and was feeling queasy, and then got put into that stuffy marching uniform... Trust me, as much as I love marching band that is very, very, very miserable. Especially considering the fact that we were out of town... I knew it was for the long haul.

That's really it, though.

If you count stomachaches, well, I have had a ton of those line up terribly. Usually right when it's time to go to work... There also was this last rehearsal of orchestra. I felt like I was going to explode! xD But I was solo in my section that night, and we had a piece toward the end of the rehearsal where there is an extended part that is entirely my section playing, so I had to bear with it.

I came down with something like... 20 minutes befire class was over. 

I felt so sick that I just gathered my stuff and walked out and went home. My teacher didn't even notice I left  :sunbutt:

I wish I had that teacher~ xD 

A few years back, my entire family and me got sick right before Christmas that lasted for several days. It was a miserable few days for all involved.

More recently, I got sick right before I had to take a test while training for my new job.This resulted in me falling behind and having to work even harder just to catch up. The worst part is I didn't get the job anyway. 

A few years ago I got a flu right in Christmas Day. I could barely get out of bed that morning and I just lay around all day feeling awful. My family has a lot of gatherings on christmas and the week after, so it just kind of ruined a lot of it for me.

• Brohoof 1

I had two worst times in my life. The first was 2013 where I got sick in a week where I had two exams, one in english and one in Math. I missed the english exam, but luckily not the math exam. Get ill in a exam week is really bad. And the second was last year christmas/new years eve. Both are my favorite holidays and then, I get sick. I hate it to be sick on such days. 

I used to work in retail and I got really sick for a week or so and went to work anyway. That job sucked on a normal day, and it was also extremely physically painful and draining due to some of the kind of work I had to do. But being sick just made it a million times worse.

At the same time though, I loved that job. Yeah, it sucked, but it made me so much stronger in many ways. I have mixed feelings about it overall.

Lets see... I got sick at conventions, during spring break, on vacation, my spring musical performance, X-mas I think, Halloween, one of my birthdays, oh ya and my middle school graduation. It seems I only get sick whenever something special happens :okiedokielokie:

When I was in high school, I was a part of the marching band. every year we would go participate in the statewide competitions- it was our biggest performance of the year. 2 out of those 4 years, I got sick with strep throat just a few days before. I still marched.

I remember going to sleep after one of these performances, and my feverish mind concocted a dream where I was marching on a field that was constantly rotating in 3d space. It felt so awful that I realized that must be what hell is.

• 4 years later...