Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Discussions, Strategies, MGO, etc

Solid

I'm not good in FOBs, so I always only use the events, or really low FOBs, because there I have a realistic chance XD

Yeah, I normally infiltrate low platform FOBs, but I figured I could give that one a try. Can't believe I've actually pulled it off  :icwudt: . Still, the FOBs themselves are not my greatest problem, is when their owner defend, if they do, it's an automatic defeat. I've only escaped once from one, but, what are the chances to survive 4 minutes with a player better equipped than you hunting you?. Worst if they try to fulton you, where your losses will be greater. Still, instead of losing cash, you can recover a little bit by YOU fultoning him  :lol:

Well folks, it's official there's a no nukes ending in this game. There are certain conditions to fulfill, but literally the whole community has to help to get rid of the world of nukes in this game. No player should have a nuke in order to see it, and if you have a chance to infiltrate an FOB with one, try to steal, and dispose of it

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/11/28/konami-confirms-metal-gear-solid-5s-craziest-secret-is-for-real/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/11/29/mgs5-nuclear-disarmament-instructions/

I dunno how long it will take for each of our servers to get rid of nukes, but judging at how we swarm nuke owners, it might take less than we expect. DIAMOND DOGES, ASSEMBLE

hqdefault.jpg

I always enjoyed the continuous message about Nuclear Disarmament within this game.

Everyone is hard at work it seems infiltrating nuclear equipped FOBs. Hopefully for the means of disarmament. Every time I try to select one someone seems to be at it.

Let's make the world Nuke free.

I always enjoyed the continuous message about Nuclear Disarmament within this game.

Everyone is hard at work it seems infiltrating nuclear equipped FOBs. Hopefully for the means of disarmament. Every time I try to select one someone seems to be at it.

Let's make the world Nuke free.

Yeah, I've attempted to try to steal someone else's nuke, but most of the time, they are already being infiltrated, and if I manage to infiltrate myself, the owner ALWAYS comes to defend it. You know you're screwed if that happens  :dash:

Thanks to the daily bonuses, I'm only 5 MB coins short to buy a new FOB, and expand my crew capacity, but I'm kinda hesitant to do so this soon, as I'll be out of home, with my poor PS3 alone, and not able to defend my FOBs if I buy it now. I need to buy it when I'm certain I'll be at home playing, and able to defend my new FOB, otherwise leaving an FOB alone with few platforms is asking for some douche to steal all your resources 

You, guys, won't, like, believe, what, I've, like, did, in Phantom Pain: I'VE SUCCESSFULLY INFILTRATED FOUR PLATFORM FOBS, FOUR OR FIVE TIMES, BEST OF ALL, GOT A BUNCH OF S+ GUYS, AND BEST OF ALL, THEY CAN'T RETALIATE :pinkie: . I did what I've thought to be impossible  :icwudt: , but one advise, AVOID SNIPERS LIKE THE PLAGUE   :love:  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

http://reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver

I've been checking this subreddit for like every damn day...some of these guys are really diehard fans and I have to say I'm not very far-off from being one.

On a side note, apparently Kojima might attend this year's TGA. Please Kojima please make us proud and stop playing us all like a damn fiddle. OwO

Edited by Solid Scorpion

http://reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver

I've been checking this subreddit for like every damn day...some of these guys are really diehard fans and I have to say I'm not very far-off from being one.

On a side note, apparently Kojima might attend this year's TGA. Please Kojima please make us proud and stop playing us all like a damn fiddle. OwO

Yeah, I hope his departure won't stop him to make an appearance or something :huh:

(edited)

Yeah, I hope his departure won't stop him to make an appearance or something :huh:

Just watched the TGA 2015 live stream on twitch...

*Staff morale decreased*

Most of my hopes are currently on nuclear disarmament but if that's all there is to it, I'm seriously considering to get off the ruse cruise.

Let's get back to disarming the nukes folks, at least for the sake of Kojima.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

Hey guys, I know it's hard to gain medicinal plants, specially the lutea one and haoma. I suggest you infiltrate the medical platform of the new event FOB. The worst these guys have, are they are all heavy infantry, so they're practically immune to most weapons. That's why you should equip a 12.50mm sniper as your main offensive weapon, and if you don't want to kill, use the rocket PAUNCH. With those, you're all set, as they are few in numbers (4 each platform, and 8, I think, in the core), and the only additional defense they use compared to the other event FOBs, are anti theft devices, that's it  

DAMN, i'VE MANAGED TO REACH THE LAST PLATFORM IN A NUKE EQUIPPED FOB, BUT I DIDN'T FIND THE WEAPON  :angry: . Well, at least I had a good time trolling the defender, he showed up with me still on the first platform, but I still managed to reach the last one  :lol: . I've fultoned him two times, and killed him three. I bet he was pissed  :squee:

Hey, after the bittersweet feeling of failing to steal a nuke I've mentioned last post, guess what happened this morning: I've infiltrated an FOB with a nuke, a rare occurrence in itself, but said guy I've infiltrated was new in the FOB business, because it was only a 2 platform Command Center. Really, no combat, medic, intel, nothing, just two platform command. It had a handful of B ranked security, and no additional security measures. It was a piece of cake by itself, but the owner didn't even bothered to defend it. Easiest nuke steal, EVAH. After stealing, I was preparing to dispose of it, but I was immediately invaded by another guy in hope to steal it from me. Once I've showed up, he ran like hell towards my nuke, but I've neutralized him before it. But they've gave me no rewards, because the douche disconnected when I've fultoned him, and that an issue I've seen much lately

I know it's unfair for the invader to get screwed as soon as the owner comes to defend his/her FOB because you're not allowed to escape legally for five minutes, way too much time for the defender to find and kill you, but I disapprove going for disconnecting in order to avoid loses, and I've started to see a bit of it this last week. I suggest to send a message to the servers and expose said snitch. I've understand invaders get an unfair disadvantage once the owner shows up as previously stated, but that's still cheating 

Oh mai gawd people, guess what happened: I'VE STOLE AND DISPOSED OF ANOTHER NUKE  :love: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This one was weirder than my first. This FOB was 4 platforms long, S ranked dudes, full security measures..... your standard FOB, but it was a relatively easy because they were using medium range weaponry, instead of snipers (I CAN'T FREAKING HANDLE THOSE GUYS  :angry: ) . OK, I've used my... average infiltration skills to sneak around the base, I've let my presence known and expecting it's defender to show up at any time. Thing is, he didn't, until I was at the LAST platform. Once he showed up, I was preparing myself to make a run for the nuke, and die with it stolen, but this wierd thing happened: HE LEFT SESSION DURING THE LOAD SCREEN :o . I imagine him saying "I won't let you steal my nuke!. Wait, you're at the last platform? Fine!, steal it! I won't bother! >_> " Weirdest, nuke, steal, evah  :unsure: . Oh well, got nukie, disposed it, and we happy  :smug:

Though, it came to my attention this: You know Konami inform us about how many nukes remains in each platform right? I think the Xbox consoles have the fewest, but the PS3 servers (the ones I'm part of) went from 107 a few days ago BACK TO OVER 130  :eww:

• Brohoof 2

Just to let you all know, there's been a small conflict waging between certain groups of users on Reddit. They divided themselves into two groups, Philanthropists and Patriots.

Philanthropists wants nuclear disarmament, they want to see that datamined cutscene and possibly some kind of content after. Even if there is nothing but a cutscene, many of them at least desire a closure to the game, which is nuclear disarmament. They want to see Kojima's Metal Gear legacy's final shine. Konami may or may not benefit from this depending on whether there are some surprises left after disarmament, which could potentially cost some real life cash.

Patriots desires the opposite, nuclear proliferation. They do not want Kojima's Metal Gear legacy to end, and they believe keeping the nuke count up would do just that; a never ending battle which allows Metal Gear to live on forever, or at least until the server plug is pulled. Konami is obviously gonna benefit from this due to prolonged battle meaning more potential microtransactions.

Unless Konami fix that nuke tab once and for all, and find some way to turn the table such as by reducing blockade time or remove blockade privileges from nuclear equipped targets, I believe the Patriots would win this, at least as long as they are still interested in keeping the nuke count above 0. They could simply exploit blockades by infiltrating each other, doing some minor damage (steal something, or someone, etc), and abandoning the infiltration after the minor damages are done.

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 1

Just to let you all know, there's been a small conflict waging between certain groups of users on Reddit. They divided themselves into two groups, Philanthropists and Patriots.

Philanthropists wants nuclear disarmament, they want to see that datamined cutscene and possibly some kind of content after. Even if there is nothing but a cutscene, many of them at least desire a closure to the game, which is nuclear disarmament. They want to see Kojima's Metal Gear legacy's final shine. Konami may or may not benefit from this depending on whether there are some surprises left after disarmament, which could potentially cost some real life cash.

Patriots desires the opposite, nuclear proliferation. They do not want Kojima's Metal Gear legacy to end, and they believe keeping the nuke count up would do just that; a never ending battle which allows Metal Gear to live on forever, or at least until the server plug is pulled. Konami is obviously gonna benefit from this due to prolonged battle meaning more potential microtransactions.

Unless Konami fix that nuke tab once and for all, and find some way to turn the table such as by reducing blockade time or remove blockade privileges from nuclear equipped targets, I believe the Patriots would win this, at least as long as they are still interested in keeping the nuke count above 0. They could simply exploit blockades by infiltrating each other, doing some minor damage (steal something, or someone, etc), and abandoning the infiltration after the minor damages are done.

Yeah, it's a pain to infiltrate nuke equipped FOB mainly because you have to pray for it not being infiltrated for starters. Once there, the defender usually shows up and that's a death sentence for invaders. Now with guys employing that tactic it'll be practically impossible to reduce a server to 0

• 7 months later...
(edited)

Your post contains only 0 characters, this board has a minimum of 20 characters per post.

Edited by 0000
  • Brohoof 2

It's been a while since I last played this game. My wifi was shit for months, and I recovered it, AFTER a cousin borrowed my game..... he better bring it back next visit, I want moar FOBs :dry:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, at last got to play Phantom Pain and attempt to expand my third FOB. It's HARD with the resources inflation. Anyway, had to take my place back, as you can imagine, my absence left my mere 2 platform on both Bbase develop and command, I was easy prey . And true, I found out my security team with ONLY 3 GUYS :blink: . Had lots of way to recover myself from that, but I'm close to it. Anyway, I started invading other players FOBs, of course from easy ones, as I find FOBs difficult. But then, at this point, you're wondering why there are still FOBs under protected, plus some WTF ones. In my short time of my return, I can share 3 crazy FOB stories :smug:

1-OK, so I have given up about seeing the nuclear disarmament ending, as there are some guys ruining the fun for us, but that ain't stopping me from attempting to take a nuke now and then :icwudt: , and you can imagine I wanted to do so real badly since my return. Well, today my prayers were answered, as I could infiltrate a guy with one. OK, if you have a nuke, you wanna protect it at all cost, so I expected  at least S ranked guys, high leveled gear, lethal, long-range weapons, full security devices, and he had it all...... except that he only had ONE platform made  :confused: . Worst of all, he should had a low security level because my timer was over 21 minutes. Anyway, got into trouble here and there, but I've fultoned all but 2 soldiers and stole the nuke. I might had over prepared myself with level 6 battle dress and my best guns, but you can take any chances when you steal nukes and the owner might appear  :grin: , alas he didn't  

2- This was yet another one of my habitual base develop invasions as I NEED resources to expand my third FOB, and I normally chose not over 2 platforms made, so I can focus on stealing containers. This however, was an exception, as this one was fully built. Then why did I chose it? Easy, very low level was a sign, and I was right, ONLY the core platform had any defense, AT ALL. The rest were as lively as a graveyard, so I could just make a run for it until the last platform. After that, I had an easy time taking out the..... swimwear equipped soldiers. That's not all, at least 5 of them were women, and all of them were S ranked combatants, and I love combat ladies :bedeyes:. Got them all, never been caught, so whoever owned that base can't retaliate is screwed  :smug: . Oh yeah, some containers too

3- This is one of those WTF moments in my life as a gamer. So, I am hunting for another poor n00b base development platform so I could steal all his containers, and maybe some worthwhile soldiers (you know, S+ and stuff  :fiery: ). I stumble one that caught my attention: This FOB was fully built in every base, but I was interested in the base develop, but there was something curious: they were ALL level 0, and checking it, it had nothing.... no soldiers, 0 security devices.

d6f.jpg

Dude, it was normal that during the first weeks after this game release, it was natural to stumble with these type of FOBs out of fear of losing soldiers, but we were quick to realize we'd lose them anyway if we don't do it  :sunny: . Then WHY IN THE HELL I FOUND ONE OF THESE ALMOST A YEAR LATER AND FULLY BUILT? Anyway, had 10 minutes, but with nothing standing in my way, I just stole all the main platform containers (which most were red BTW) and walked backwards until I ran out of wormhole devices, and got back to the core..... didn't saved the poor guy of losing 10 soldiers  . I've expected low ranked dudes because of the no security, but I've gained 5 S ranked, and the other 5 were S+ ranked. If that's not jackpot, I don't know what it is  :orly:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

A real shame MGSV died down a bit quick IMO. The Online seems to be holding up, in my experince unfortunatly it just seems.... awkward? It doesnt feel like a tactical online game, granted I havent played past MGO before.

But things seem too octane. Either youre being one shoted by someone with a Brennal(?) Sniper or your unknowingly grabbed around by cloaked infiltrators. I just doesn't feel like a fleshed out multiplayer game. And the net code oh my word! Now perhaps I may have joined players in different regions but it seems every time im always being hit by shots when I know well Im fully covered.

Granted I am playing on the PS3, perhaps its different with PC and next gen.

One of the most pathetic add ons in my opinion was the absurditiy of things like swim suit additions and laughable gear additions like, horse heads? clown masks? Aliens? WHat!? Is Konami not taking this serious (of course they're not) ? I'm expecting this tactical stealth and combat gameplay and I get encountered with clown psychos and freaking bikini models!? This is ridiculous. :P

And on a more personal opinion I think this game would have benefited amazingly if it had a type of cooperative element to it. This game is PERFECT for coop. COuld you imagine planning an infiltration with like three friends ? That'd be badass!

• Brohoof 1

One of the most pathetic add ons in my opinion was the absurditiy of things like swim suit additions and laughable gear additions like, horse heads? clown masks? Aliens? WHat!? Is Konami not taking this serious (of course they're not) ? I'm expecting this tactical stealth and combat gameplay and I get encountered with clown psychos and freaking bikini models!? This is ridiculous. :P

And on a more personal opinion I think this game would have benefited amazingly if it had a type of cooperative element to it. This game is PERFECT for coop. COuld you imagine planning an infiltration with like three friends ? That'd be badass!

Dude I've had the best time with my squid head. It focuses me. It forces you to get out there because the squid is massive and gives you away behind cover. I love my squid head. Co-op would kick ass though.

Has anyone attempted to do all the mission objectives? There's so many, but I'd like to go for the platinum trophy at some point.

• Brohoof 1

Dude I've had the best time with my squid head. It focuses me. It forces you to get out there because the squid is massive and gives you away behind cover. I love my squid head. Co-op would kick ass though.

Has anyone attempted to do all the mission objectives? There's so many, but I'd like to go for the platinum trophy at some point.

I've been busy on FOB lately, as my almost half a year without online gaming left me with a lot to catch on. But I'm taking some time to complete my remaining objectives. I don't think I have more than 6 left, but at least most of the hard ones are over (I think fultoning tanks and combat vehicles in Quiet Exit is the only hard one remaining). 

I'm also more focused in obtaining materials as my third FOB was left underdeveloped in my absence (only two platforms in Command and Base Develop)

Anyway, liked my crazy FOB stories? I got one crazier one today:

OK, before that, I've infiltrated the same FOB I've invaded in my third crazy story in my last post, as it turned out: It's an indirect retaliation, so it was just there again. Time for impunity goodies  B)

OK, so this story extends since yesterday, as I've attempted to screw with a high leveled vet's FOB of over lv 60, but I've wanted some S+ ranked dudes he put in there. That was the plan: fulton at least three in the very first platform, and run. Sadly, I've found out those were just S ranked, and I already have plenty of them. second, the owner appeared only when I've fultoned two, and they were S ranked :unamused:. I've tried to stay at the wormhole until I could escape, but that guy had none of it. He probably knew of my distress as he took the opportunity to torture me by putting me to sleep constantly instead of killing me outright. Lost plento of heroism and espionage points because of that. He kept trolling me, and tried to fight back, but then decided that fun is over and killed me. As you know, he could retaliate me for later, and he did probably this morning. Checking the report, he chose my one platform command. Surprisingly, he failed, but put up a good fight, being discovered almost immediately, but survived for at least 5 minutes. In the end, he got killed, but stole some AA guns and 12 of my security staff. I could retaliate him. I usually leave those retaliation chances behind, as most of those people have fully built and secured their FOB. Fortunately, he has an underdeveloped FOB, including a one platform base develop. Best of all, IT WAS GUARDED BY S+ RANKED SOLDIERS  :squee: . Well, not 100%, there was at least one S ranked, but most of them S+, BUT THERE WAS ALSO ONE S++  :yay: . Anyway, had full security devices there, and high leveled equipment, they were medium ranged and one platform, so I took my chances. I've messed up in my chopper as I've missed their power supply with my sniper, but the guy didn't showed up. Well, took some time, but I've managed to fulton EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER THERE, had enough fulton, so I took some containers now that I was out of danger....... except that the owner decided to show up as soon as I've fultoned the last container and was on my way yo the core :unamused:. Oh god, just when I was about to get my perfect victory :dry:. Well, since the wormhole was open after 5 minutes, to long to avoid a fight, specially with one platform. I also fultoned every soldier, destroyed their UAVs, and the power generator was history, and the cameras with it, so for the first time, I'm not at a huge disadvantage with the owner. He knew it, because unlike the last time, the took a defensive approach, and I was in position to take the offensive. So I, instead of hiding, I've cautiously looked for him, as I knew he'd be close to the core. Well, I've took the slide-up at the far end of the building, and there he was, with some decoys to distract me, while he hid behind an obstacle. Too bad for him I was wearing night vision googles, so he was as well hidden as human Pinks wearing her silly pink camo in a Friendship Games short :lol: 

camouflage_by_mixiepie-d9529cn.png

Anyway, it was time for action. As son as I knew where he was, I've immediately shot him with my underbarrel sleep grenade. After he slept, I took no risks so I've gave him full lead point blank until he died. After that, I've made a run for it at the core. Dude, I'm still imagining how pissed he must be 

EnixWTq.gif

In the end, I won the war, as he can't retaliate

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I haven't done many FOBs lately until now that I need some fuel and common metals to construct platforms for my third FOB. What pisses me about this process is that you're a potential easy target for intruders. I've got two who successfully infiltrated two of my shortest platforms and took some soldiers of mine. This morning, I felt like retaliating, so I did, and sadly for them, they also had some unfinished platforms in their FOBs, so I've infiltrated those for some payback. I've reached the core without sounding any alarms, so they won't retaliate back, recovered my soldiers, took some of them's, and stole some materials. But the second one was the took the biggest blow, as I got 4 S++ soldiers  :confused: ....

71399690.jpg

Well, snooze you lose  :orly:

• Brohoof 1

@Steve Piranha

Excellent work dude! I actually stopped by earlier and tested your defenses on your constructed platforms. Ehh yeah I do see it was a bit easy to get through. But there were a bit of hurddles. Barely got past.

But Ill be sure to be around if any one tries to get to ya. I got back from two defenses. Man, defense is so much fun hehe.

@Steve Piranha

Excellent work dude! I actually stopped by earlier and tested your defenses on your constructed platforms. Ehh yeah I do see it was a bit easy to get through. But there were a bit of hurddles. Barely got past.

But Ill be sure to be around if any one tries to get to ya. I got back from two defenses. Man, defense is so much fun hehe.

Yeah, starting construction of platforms put you in a tight spot. More so while you construct the third deck, because it takes 3 days, and two platforms are not precisely hard to infiltrate. Hell, even in 10 minutes is possible. I could make cameras and mines placements, but I'm kinda lazy 

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

Well, tomorrow, my last combat platform and third from my intel of FOB3 will be finished. Good thing I've gathered enough materials for them. Now I must gather for developing stuff and when I get enough MB coins for my fourth FOB. I've been invading some FOBs, succeeding in some, failing in others, but I found out being a bit bold is better than being too cautious, as the time rarely allows it. But guess what: yesterday, I found two fresh meats with nukes  :sunshower: , fresh meats because they only had two FOBs each, their equipment were rank 5, and they didn't had full security devices, meaning their security level was low. Hell, being tentative prey was an understatement, so there I went. As expected, their A+ guards, and rank 5 equipment (could be lower, as they could have rank 5 weapons, but rank 4 uniforms because the latter weren't developed that much :huh:). Still, I was detected by the first one, but surprisingly, not the second, despite having long range weaponry. I got both nukes, and got to the core of both. Well, the one that detected me decided to retaliate, but only managed to steal two of my soldiers. I'm going to have some payback later, and maybe let him discover me and see if he dares to mess with me next time  :orly:

• Brohoof 1