Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Discussions, Strategies, MGO, etc

Solid

I had one dude attacking me while offline(I hate beeing attacked while not on and that is 99.99% of times) so I watched what he did

0:00 Infiltrated FOB

ca. 0:13 Infiltrator got killed

WTF? And he barely leaved the spawn place XD

What did he do?

"I infiltrate this platform! Wait, nah, nevermind" *Runs to reiling and jumps into the water*

Dude I've had the best time with my squid head. It focuses me. It forces you to get out there because the squid is massive and gives you away behind cover. I love my squid head. Co-op would kick ass though.

Has anyone attempted to do all the mission objectives? There's so many, but I'd like to go for the platinum trophy at some point.

I have the platinum around 2 months after release XD so yeah, i did

Watch out about Mission "Lingua Franca" because it's bugged as hell and with that the objectives too. Could take some time, the other missions seem fine

• Brohoof 2

I had one dude attacking me while offline(I hate beeing attacked while not on and that is 99.99% of times) so I watched what he did

0:00 Infiltrated FOB

ca. 0:13 Infiltrator got killed

WTF? And he barely leaved the spawn place XD

What did he do?

"I infiltrate this platform! Wait, nah, nevermind" *Runs to reiling and jumps into the water*

I have the platinum around 2 months after release XD so yeah, i did

Watch out about Mission "Lingua Franca" because it's bugged as hell and with that the objectives too. Could take some time, the other missions seem fine

You mean the conversations? Yeah, those tend to be buggy. Not only that, but I've suffered the same stuff with the Traitor's Caravan mission :huh:. Well, screw it, I've completed all objectives anyway. Ended that bother weeks ago

Hey, I've found this interesting bit of information

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/44858o/how_to_get_people_to_show_up_in_the_nuke_tab/?st=isv5see2&sh=f92aed06

It seems there's a correlation between your espionage points and how often FOB shows in nuke tabs (meaning they'd likely have nukes). Well, I don't give a crap about "being the very best in the world" in a videogame, but I wanna make an effort in disarming nukies from FOBs, specially since this week I've managed to steal, and disarm 3 nukes. I would like to do it, but right now, I'm busy getting my S++ and S+ ranked soldiers in this FOB event, and it wouldn't hurt to get 1000 luteas from the challenges

Got attacked, of course when not on, adieu my 11 guys. was even someone who attacked me few weeks ago already(There he stoled 41 guys and some containers), urghh, why they always attack when not on -.-

Know that feel bro, it feels like most attackers are from the other end of the world :huh:. Well, I've suffered a big blow this first half of year: I've lost wifi, so I couldn't connect to the game. When a few months ago I've finally got some wifi, I've found out tons of infiltration damage, and I was left with a mere 3 guys security teams. Also I've lost some S+ dawgs (some S++ too would have not for direct contracting them). I've also found a big hole in my defenses a few days ago. Sure, Having full security, S ranked guards, full platforms and high ranked equipment is a must for protecting your FOBs, but the MOST important element is the time. Until days ago, I haven't noticed my water blockades were still A, meaning that every intruder had 18mins to infiltrate my base, and having full S ranked with three FOBs is not enough to raise it to S, so I had to put some S+s. Now people will have a harder time to infiltrate :yay:

Today started well for FOB attacks: stole my overall seventh nuckie from an obviously fresh meat, and plus two that, while I didn't successfully infiltrated, they were full of S+ ranked guys and stole at least 13 without being discovered (they can't rescue the guys). I'll try to accumulate enough events point to get my remaining S+ guys as I need them urgently. My best bet to level up my teams before getting my fourth FOB (still got halfway to go on Mommy Base coins)

Ouch, that must hurted

I have 4 FOBs, 2 fully uilded, the third only one or two plattforms from the main platform missing and my 4th are generally by 2-3 plattforms, building base delevopment platform 3and support platform 4. All teams are around level 107, battle iunit around 90, security unit around 83

Ouch, that must hurted

I have 4 FOBs, 2 fully uilded, the third only one or two plattforms from the main platform missing and my 4th are generally by 2-3 plattforms, building base delevopment platform 3and support platform 4. All teams are around level 107, battle iunit around 90, security unit around 83

Yeah, that hurt big time. Fortunately I've recovered quickly, but I was still vulnerable because I was low on material to keep constructing my third FOB, but I'm done with that since last week. Now I have to wait until I get enough MB coins to buy my fourth FOB and start working on it. I'll keep getting materials beforehand, over S ranked soldiers, developing stuff just to not fall behind like I was until now.... and maybe one or two nuckies on the side :dash:. Speaking of them, forgot to update my last post that I've stole another nuke, plus the one I've stole today rises my nuckie disposal to 9. I think I've read you get good heroism for disposing of ten nuckes :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I needed real hard the daily reward event. I love those because they give good mommy base coins, and I'm only 97 short for the 1200 MB coins (I want the mid atlantic ridge, for the fuel resources). Besides, I kinda pissed some strong guys in FOBs, including one with full S++ security guys, and one with S+ (I've stole a Flaming Buffalo among them, you know, the popular S+ combat maiden  :orly: ). The one with the S+ already retaliated, but the S++ has yet to do so, so I'm not taking any chances. Once you construct a new FOB you're vulnerable from rivals because they can easily infiltrate short FOBs by now

• Brohoof 1

The recent attacks on me failed unfortunalty -.- They GET spotted everytime, so I could attack back, but I failed 3 of 4 from this FOB-Event(Okay not failed, i finished them all, but got always spotted right at the begin, only my 4th try for Event points was succesfull, without detection). So if I'm that bad already I don't even try retaliate them with there even better guarded FOBs then this event has. I probably end up getting spotted and killed on first platform, if worse even with the player join in and then they can happily attack me again to steal even more -.-

• Brohoof 1

The recent attacks on me failed unfortunalty -.- They GET spotted everytime, so I could attack back, but I failed 3 of 4 from this FOB-Event(Okay not failed, i finished them all, but got always spotted right at the begin, only my 4th try for Event points was succesfull, without detection). So if I'm that bad already I don't even try retaliate them with there even better guarded FOBs then this event has. I probably end up getting spotted and killed on first platform, if worse even with the player join in and then they can happily attack me again to steal even more -.-

I'm not fond of Bound Dragons FOB. It's stressful, and long, so I've given up in obtaining the emblems, much less the S+ or above ranked soldiers as I did in the previous ones. I just hope today there's one I can take one reliably, as I would like more soldiers now that I finally got my fourth FOB.

Speaking of fourth FOB, building it is INSANE. Not as much as the materials and cash inflation (got plenty of either), but because of TIME inflation. seriously, in the previous FOB, take 3 days to construct the THIRD platform, but now, IT'S THE SECOND  

• Brohoof 1

I'm not fond of Bound Dragons FOB. It's stressful, and long, so I've given up in obtaining the emblems, much less the S+ or above ranked soldiers as I did in the previous ones. I just hope today there's one I can take one reliably, as I would like more soldiers now that I finally got my fourth FOB.

Speaking of fourth FOB, building it is INSANE. Not as much as the materials and cash inflation (got plenty of either), but because of TIME inflation. seriously, in the previous FOB, take 3 days to construct the THIRD platform, but now, IT'S THE SECOND  

Yeah, it's insane, tough I just managed to start command platform 3 pf 4 in FOB3(All others are complete)

FOB4 is mostly by 3 to 4 platforms, only command is only 2 I think

For once it's a different one we hadn't for long. It's the one with the amored guys, that have no helmet tough, 2 platforms, 30 minutes

For once it's a different one we hadn't for long. It's the one with the amored guys, that have no helmet tough, 2 platforms, 30 minutes

Armored without helmet :huh:? I don't recall ever participating in one of those, then again, I was absent from the game for a while due to not being able to connect online. I prefer no armor, but if they have no helmet and two platforms, still seems manageable, and quick enough to get soldiers. I just hope for a Paz emblem, and make it Twilight Sparkle themed :-P   

• Brohoof 1

Armored without helmet :huh:? I don't recall ever participating in one of those, then again, I was absent from the game for a while due to not being able to connect online. I prefer no armor, but if they have no helmet and two platforms, still seems manageable, and quick enough to get soldiers. I just hope for a Paz emblem, and make it Twilight Sparkle themed :-P   

I think this Event was since existing only 1-3 times, mostly they seem to reusethe beginner one, the hardest one, the non-lethal one or the skulls one, i knew there was another one, just didnt remembered it

I think this Event was since existing only 1-3 times, mostly they seem to reusethe beginner one, the hardest one, the non-lethal one or the skulls one, i knew there was another one, just didnt remembered it

Mosquito's Legacy, Bound Dragons, New World Order, and Skulls Attack. Yeah, those are the only ones I know. If I ever participated in this one, I either forgot about it, or it was hosted during my absence. Well, I'll see later tonight, got two chapters of Code Lyoko EG to read, and I have swimming classes

Edit: Oh yeah, Freedom from Oppression, it's been a while since we I got to that one. It can take a bit longer to complete compared to New World Order, but not by much. Nor you have to keep tabs on the timer. Worst of this is neutralizing ALL guards, which can be a bit annoying with the decoys around, but it's still manageable, plus you get tons of points. I'd definitely get my soldiers this time 

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, I didn't realized how HARD is to complete the fourth FOB  :scots: . None of my platforms are complete, they demand way TOO much materials, AND they take TOO long to finish the last deck  :unamused: . Sure, meanwhile I'll have all the fun in the world with dudes swarming me  :dry: . God, I'm always invaded by two dudes per day  :scots:

PD: That strategy of lowering your espionage points to get more nukes is pure BS, I'm pretty sure it was don by a pro-nuke to screw us op  :dash:

• Brohoof 1

Ugh, every FUCKING DAY SOME DUDE ALWAYS INFILTRATES MY INCOMPLETE FOB, AND TAKES 2 S+ DUDE EACH TIME  :angry: . Ugh, can't wait to finish all this bullshit, and I've only completed two platforms :scots: . Crap, at least I only have one yet to construct left, but need more fuel resources  :diamondtiara: . 

Another thing is, I'll stop playing this game for a while, I'm moving out this saturday, and surely I won't have internet in my new home for a while, plus the actual work of settling including looking for work and to study :catface: . Hell, between making cakes and start moving out I'm hardly playing right now :dash:

Anyway, today I finally was able to play a good chunk. Aside for start constructing the fourth deck of my med platform (only intel remains, the rest are either done, or in construction themselves). But got into some FOB action today at last, until.... supposedly the server crashed, as I was no longer able to access the FOB  :dry: . Well, at least got a couple of fresh meat who thought that Phantom Pain is an RPG and not an action-adventure and stealth game  :dash: , because no decent Phantom Pain player would assign S++ dudes just to be stolen by an invader  :muffins: . Well, these two fresh meats had their last platform with of S++ dudes. The first one, stole 10, but couldn't infiltrate because I ran out of time, but the other had no such luck. I think this one had like three Ss, and one S+, but the rest where S++. Considering that I wasn't discovered, I think I've hit the jackpot  :smug:

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY, I WAS ABLE TO PLAY THIS SHEIT AFTER SO LONG. Got a nuke to booth  :D . Still, I'm kinda peeved that we haven't gotten a Paz emblem :dry:. I WAN'T MY RAINBOW POWER TWILIGHT SPARKLE THEMED EMBLEM  :angry:

• Brohoof 1

I'm play more MGSV, if somehow my computer decided it couldn't handle it anymore. I had to wipe everything on it sometime ago to fix a problem I was having with it not reading my keyboard, and after that whenever I went to play MGSV it would freeze. Looking into it, the problem was from the graphics card which was rather strange since I hadn't changed it or anything and it could play fine on it before.

But oh well, Cyber Monday is coming up. I was going to upgrade anyways and once I make the purchase and get the delivery I'll be good.

• 1 month later...

I'm play more MGSV, if somehow my computer decided it couldn't handle it anymore. I had to wipe everything on it sometime ago to fix a problem I was having with it not reading my keyboard, and after that whenever I went to play MGSV it would freeze. Looking into it, the problem was from the graphics card which was rather strange since I hadn't changed it or anything and it could play fine on it before.

But oh well, Cyber Monday is coming up. I was going to upgrade anyways and once I make the purchase and get the delivery I'll be good.

Yeah, my PS3 Phantom Pain freezes from time on time, but I suppose it's because the big amount of updates made it somewhat heavy on the memory. 

Well, it's been a while since I've written here, but despite still playing, there's hardly anything new mentioning, The newest thing I've done, is that none of   my base dev team is bellow S+, and I've developed the level 8 battle dress, so my defense finally reached lv 60 as result. I'm close to develop the lv 9 sniper for my security team, but I'm ONE level short of both needed teams. I've just stolen without being discovered some S++ combat teams (including NINE on a single one), so combat is pretty much done in a few days. I just need more R&D, and I think a couple of S+ from this event will do. Too bad is bound dragons :dry:. Fuck it, even if I get less points, I'll just go Rambo :D , more fun that way :-P  

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the bleeping lv 9 sniper is finished, now my defenses are lv 63, and before that, I've infiltrated a base pure of E guys and medium range, but had mostly S++. Had to infiltrate meds, as those were the only ones with only S++, and the others could've wasted some with lesser soldiers. As expected, all my 10 soldiers stolen were S++, what a bargain eh :dash:? Also, some dude attempted to infiltrate MY base while I was playing, I've decided to drop in and say hi, but not before he stole 4 Ss, and 1 S+. I've attempted to rescue today, but was discovered, and my time ran out, so I've lost my S+.... oh well, guess I have to settle with the over 12 S+ and 3 S++ I've got on the way  :D

I'm just happy the hard Event is over. What a pain getting the new stuff -.- from i think 5 played, i only got one time unseen to the core and one time pretty much before(OF COURSE one guy near the core spots me then and my grenade launcher(ZZZ) bangs against the reiling and knock me out and with that alarm -.-)

2 times died, tough by the last run, i just didnt cared and tried getting enough Event points, lol

Damn, these days I wish I could record my gameplays. I got two interesting tales to tell:

1-I've infiltrated a pretty strong defense FOB, with lv9 equipment, and 10 mins blockade, but that guy had plenty of S++ dudes, so that was a risk worth taking (If he were to show-up, I could commit suicide so he wouldn't retaliate). Well, I had almost no problems infiltrating, save a close call or two, but got 10 S++ base development for my troubles  :pinkie:

2-This time, is my first nukie for a while, but this guys was an obvious fresh meat as he only had 2 deck made for each platform. He showed up as expected, but sadly for him, it was JUST at the moment I've stole his nuke..... but I wasn't done yet, as he had at least 1 S++ soldier that I've wanted  :icwudt: . Well, I've hid on the second deck, killed all his soldiers there, and hid to get a clear shot or two. I got a head shot on the overconfident owner, but at the second time he got a shot at me, so alert mode. I've killed the guy at least 4 times, but I had to pull-up my pants for his S++ as I was running out of ammo. So after my last kill on him, I ran towards his soldier, kicked his ass, and stole him, then I've hid close to hs power generator (which I've destroyed beforehand of course  :smug: ). I've waited until the alarm was lowered, and quietly made my way to the core. I've got scared with the mine at the end, but fortunately, the guy didn't saw me, and infiltrated successfully :fluttershy: . Man, he must have been pissed as he attempted to screw with me. There's one outcome for a guy who only got lv4 equipment, against a guy with lv8 and lv9 snipers, make a wild guess how that ended up :orly:  

I'm just happy the hard Event is over. What a pain getting the new stuff -.- from i think 5 played, i only got one time unseen to the core and one time pretty much before(OF COURSE one guy near the core spots me then and my grenade launcher(ZZZ) bangs against the reiling and knock me out and with that alarm -.-)

2 times died, tough by the last run, i just didnt cared and tried getting enough Event points, lol

Yeah, bound dragons sucks. I've decided to just fuck it, and go all Rambo, even though I'll get less points. Was more fun that way.

I'm such a lucky sucka. I was infiltrating to a totally OP FOB, with no chance to reach the core, but is full of S++. Guess what, I've been discovered by one of the soldiers, and....... no alarm sounds  :confused: . Good thing for me, had that guy having revenge on me, I wouldn't stand a chance  :D . Still, got 10 of his S++ dudes  :-P

• Brohoof 1