Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private To change a changling

Skylord Nexus

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Wow that is the nicest thing anypony has ever said to me before." Ticktock hugged the changeling "Thank you."

Ticktock noticed her sigh and tried to make friendly conversation "So you have any family aside your sister? any love interests even? And also I don't think we have been formally introduced yet have we?" 

"Well, my name is Cicada," the changeling replied, smiling as TickTock hugged her. "I don't have any other family, technically, other than my sister, but all of the changelings of the Hive are like my family, in a manner of speaking. I don't have a special somepony; I just haven't found the right stallion."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock let go of the changeling "Yeah about that so is the queen your blood relative or just the changeling you grew up with?. So you don't have any different names for changeling males and females then? they are still Mares and Stallions because if they weren't then that would imply you want to fall in love with a pony." 

"Oh almost forgot my name is Ticktock Starblast. At your service m'lady. Basically nice to meet you Cicada."

Edited by NexusBrony2312

"Yes, the Queen is my sister by blood," Cicada replied. "We have different levels of hierarchy within the Hive. Basically, the highest tier of changelings are myself and my sister; the Queen and her second. Next are the captains who lead the soldiers, who are the lowest tier. Only my Queen and I can open communication channels within the Hive Mind; basically, we can single out a changeling and speak to them privately, but no other changeling can do this. And yes, we still use 'mare' and 'stallion' to refer to genders. After all, we were once not that much different from ponies."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock put I hoof to his chin "Ok then... How many changelings can use magic? Is it something to do with the level they were hatched at? And last question can all changelings control minds or is it only certain changelings who can do that." Then another guard battalion rounded the corner and in a moment of shock Ticktock threw his arms around the disguised changeling and gave her a deep kiss silently thinking "please don't kill me please don't kill me.".

Edited by NexusBrony2312

Cicada was surprised by the kiss, but she noticed the guard and didn't pull away. As the kiss deepened, she found herself enjoying it. She had never felt like this before; it wasn't her first kiss but it was the first time she'd actually felt a connection. Cicada wondered if Ticktock was feeling it too.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock hadn't felt this was in years the surge of emotion made him make the kiss deeper, he was enjoying it as well. Even after the guard had gone he was still kissing Cicada. Ticktock found his eyes closing and his fore hooves became less thrown around and wrapped around his companions hips. 

(sorry if this is weird I typed this while I was half asleep this morning so if you want me too I can change it :))

Edited by NexusBrony2312

The guard passed by, smiling to himself at the sight of the devoted couple who were obviously in love. Cicada did not pull away until the need to breathe meant that she had to, but remained close to TickTock. A tear ran down her cheek as she thought that, until now, she truly had not understood love at all. Sure, she had fed on it in order to sustain herself, but never had thought that it would be like this firsthand.

@@Pripyat Pony,

That kiss had melted Ticktock's cold heart and he felt all the better for it. He then saw the tear come down from Cicada's eye and backed off "I...I...I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. I understand if you hate me." Ticktock got up off the bench and started walking away "I'll just leave and let you make your own way."

Edited by NexusBrony2312

"No, wait, don't go!" Cicada leapt up from her seat and galloped after TickTock. "It's not that at all... let me explain. I don't hate you, in fact, quite the opposite. I just was thinking about things to do with our history, things that nopony here would ever have heard of. If you hear me out, perhaps you might understand why we are as we are."

Cicada's heart almost burst with relief as she nodded. "Yes, that would be best," she said. "There won't be many ponies on the train at this time in the morning so we should be able to get a compartment to ourselves. We're almost there but there's still some time to go before the train gets here so we'd better go to a cafe as we planned and get something to eat first."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock smiled "Ok. And maybe when we get there we can talk about me a bit... that sounded much better in my head. Anyway what i meant by that was you've told me about you so it's only fair I tell you about me. How does that sound?" Inside Ticktock's emotions here at war and one side was Ticktock's coldness but on the other side was something Ticktock hadn't felt for a long time... compassion and joy. 

Edited by NexusBrony2312

Cicada smiled. "Sounds good to me," she replied. At the station, she checked the timetable and found out that the early morning train would leave for Ponyville in about one hour, so she looked about for a nearby cafe. There was one right next to the station; it was busy, but that would mean that Cicada and TickTock would attract less attention, not more.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock had realised something "Um... Cicada i just realised that...well... we have no money to buy anything so that plans down the drain. I mean we could go back to my tower i guess and i can get a bag of bits but it might seem a bit suspisious. What do you think?"

Edited by NexusBrony2312

"Oh, I have some bits," Cicada said. "I wouldn't have suggested this otherwise. Since I have often come here on scouting missions, I always make sure I have some with me. I have enough for coffee and our train tickets; when we get to Ponyville, I'm sure that somepony will help us regarding the supplies. But if you want to go back and get the bits, then go ahead. You should be able to teleport there and back."

Cicada entered the cafe. "I'll grab a table, if you could go and order," she said. "I'll just have a cup of tea and a hay muffin." Cicada deftly maneuvered herself in time to get to a table at the back moments before another pony could take it. He simply humphed and sat down somewhere else.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock smiled "Ok on it!"

Ticktock walked up to the counter "Can I have two hay muffins, one cup of tea and one coffee please?"

The mare at the counter smiled "Certainly sir please take this number and a waiter will bring you your food and drink."

"Thanks!" Ticktock said as he went to join Cicada at the table. "They'll bring it over when it's done. In the mean time ask me anything you want to know."

Cicada thought, then asked TickTock, "What was your foalhood like? And also, how was it different to how ponies normally spend theirs?" As well as wanting to know more about her companion, Cicada was genuinely interested. Changeling hatchlings were generally kept together; only the higher tiers would have more personal education.

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Oh" Ticktock said shocked "Well i grew up in a large village called Clockton in the north east of Equestria everypony there were pegasi except my father and then me. My father is the town mayor however the mayorship in the town is a bit strange it is like a monarchy. An election only happens when either the current mayor passes or retires or the inheritor does no wish to take over the town. My father was voted in and so he tried forcing me into politics the only source of kindness I got was from my mother and twin sister. Eventually when I went to follow my dreams and go to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns my father hated me and I have never been back since."    

"That's very sad," Cicada replied, putting a comforting hoof on TickTock's shoulder. "My father was absent; I never knew him. My mother raised my sister and I by herself. The mayorship in your town sounds like what I'm used to back home. Of course, my sister got the crown due to being the oldest, by a few minutes, but I never resented her."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock considered for a while before responding "Yeah kind of I guess. The only difference is the mayoral status is really old and for some reason it says that mares aren't allowed to be mayor so while my pegasus sister was flying the skies I took the full force of my father."   

"That's a bit sexist," Cicada replied. She took a quick glance around, but nopony was paying any attention to them at all. "In the Hive, both stallions and mares can rule, but only a royal can take the throne. Since it was my mother, not my father, who was royal, he didn't get any power at all save for the title of Consort. Maybe that was why he left."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock nodded in agreement "Yeah it is. Worst of all is my father comes from Canterlot and now pretty much everypony in the town has what i call 'A Canterlot Complex."

"Honestly i wish i was you, you seem to have it easy, your strong, fast, brilliant at magic, and beautiful you have it all, the only thing I have is a stupid town which no pony comes by because it literally radiates dark magic."