Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private To change a changling

Skylord Nexus

Cicada sighed. "If only life was really that easy for me," she said. "The fact is that we might seem to have all the advantages, but in reality, we're a cursed race struggling to survive. The only reason that the invasion happened was that we were desperate. Since we need love to be able to breed, we found that fewer foals are being born every year cuz it's just not possible to get as much love as we need to have."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock put a hoof on his chin and bagan to think "Why didnt you try negotiating with Celestia I am sure you could of come to some kind of agreement and as much as it kills me to say it the ponies in Equestria aren't so bad I am sure they would have given you changelings a chance."

"They never would have done so," Cicada replied. "The very idea of feeding off love is repellent to most ponies, and the Princesses would have a rebellion on their hooves if they ever agreed to a treaty with us. Most ponies see us as being irredeemably evil, and think that our need for love is simply due to a lust for power. I have gotten access to town libraries in the past, and the history books state simply that our race 'appeared' several hundred years ago. They don't seem to know or care about how that happened. Besides," Cicada lowered her voice even more, despite the fact that nopony was listening to the conversation, "The Princesses would never even consider meeting with us."

Edited by Pripyat Pony

"We still wouldn't get nearly enough to sustain the Hive," Cicada said, miserably. "Maybe we need to accept that our species has run its course. Nopony ever tries to help us or understand us, and even the Queen is not able to use magic to fix the curse. That is of course part of it."

Cicada took her tea from the waiter. thanking him. She stirred two lumps of sugar into it and sipped it slowly while she thought about what to say. Finally, she said, "They might be able to break the curse; but, it's persuading them to do so in the first place that's the problem. After all that's happened, they probably trust us as far as they could throw us."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock nodded "True, true. Ok what about you feeding off each others love so then two changelings fall in love then they feed each other. How would that work?" Ticktock then took a bite of his hay muffin and another sip of his coffee. "Also there is something that's been on my mind... why did you turn me into a changeling?"

"It has to be pony love, or else. it doesn't work," Cicada explained, taking a bite out of her own muffin. "As for the second, you said you were forever alone. I just wanted to fix that; I've never been alone in my life. If I choose, I can have all the changelings of the Hive's voices in my mind, to remind me of that fact."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock nodded "I guess that makes sense."

"Excuse me if this sound a bit blunt and mean ,but I don't think because I was lonely ,really helps the changelings I mean you could of hypnotised me and kidnapped me and fed off all the love I had, but instead you created one more mouth to feed. I want you to look me in the eyes as honestly say at that point in time you cared for me."

"I felt sorry for you then," Cicada replied, honestly, "But at the time, I didn't care for you. However, since being with you, I have grown to care for you very much, even love you. I don't understand how you could have been alone all your life for you are a very loveable pony. I will do my best to make sure that you get what you wish, being turned back into a pony, even if it means I never see you again."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock smiled "I believe you."

Ticktock suddenly flushed at the words of the changeling "W...w...well I've come to love you as well."

Ticktock looked down into his half gone cup of coffee "Well there was one mare once she was my only friend and we were in love... then...then." Tears began to well up in Ticktock's eyes.  

"What happened to her?" Cicada asked, softly, placing  a comforting hoof on TickTock's shoulder. "You don't have to tell me if you'd rather not. I just want to understand you as best as I can and to help if it's at all possible for me to do so." She was concerned for the stallion and it showed in her voice.

Cicada stroked TickTock, wanting to comfort him. "Yes, we'll discuss things further on the train," she said. "For now, we'd better finish up our drinks before they get cold. Cold tea, ugh!" she added, trying to make TickTock smile by pulling a mock disgusted face.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock smiled and kissed Cicada's hoof and began to joke "Well I actually quite like iced coffee plus have you ever heard of ice tea you stupid mare you." Ticktock then poked her muzzle and began to laugh he then had another sip of his coffee. "So anything else you want to know?"  

"Iced tea is one thing, cold, clammy tea is another," Cicada replied, giving TickTock a playful push. "How is it that you live in that tower? It just seems strange for a non flying pony to live in an extremely tall tower."

Cicada drank her tea, which was still warm and finished off her muffin.

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Well" began Ticktock "It has a lot of room for books... the library takes up like half the tower plus as I said the town I come from has a population of pegasi so I feel more at home in heights and... well the mare a told you about it was hers she left it to me, she was a forward thinker."

"I did think of flying back, but I then decided it would be too difficult for you, when you haven't practiced at flying before," Cicada said. "A lot of ponies think that flying is easy, but in actual fact it's very difficult to do if you've never flown before and we haven't really got time."

Cicada looked up at the clock on the wall of the cafe. "If we leave now," she said, "We'll be just in time. The train normally waits for anypony they see heading towards the station so I don't think we'll miss it if we start going there now. We can talk more freely on the train."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock smiled "Excellent lets get going. Do you mind giving me the bits so I can pay for the food and drinks please. True we should be able to find an empty carriage, preferably the back one, just in case we need to make a quick exit you know?" Ticktock then piled  the cups and plates neatly in the middle of the table. 

Cicada nodded, and used her magic to levitate the correct number of bits from her left saddlebag, to land in a neat pile in front of TickTock. "There," she said. "That should cover it, plus two bits for a tip. There's even some left for the train fairs; we shall need them when we reach the station."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock smiled "Thanks" Ticktock gave Cicada a quick kiss on the cheek and paid for the food he then went to hols open the door for his companion. Ticktock hadn't felt like this in years he was in love again and he was determined to make this love last no matter what.  

It wasn't long before they arrived at the station, just as the train came puffing in to come to a stop in front. Cicada checked the prices of the tickets; there were enough bits for two one way tickets from Canterlot to Ponyville. There weren't many other ponies waiting for the train so they could be sure of finding a private carriage.