Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a leader or a follower?

WarpSpeed

I prefer following, but generally dig group leadership situations - I don't like having all the responsibility, but if someone's going to lead us to disaster I want to be able to stop them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a follow mostly i dislike taking the leadership role but when i follow i analysis the entire group and the leader and try to support the whole though if the group is falling apart and i know better then the leader i have a "For F**ks sake this is what we need to do this is how we need to do it if you have questions ask me, you, you and you you're good at AB and C do this, rest of you follow me"

I only take that attitude as a leader because I've followed people who have been really slack in group projects and we get like 1 thing done before the dead line looms and i have to do most of the work anyway.  :okiedokielokie:

I am not a leader, but I'm neither a follower. I know I'll never be a leader, and I don't want to be one, but I hate when someone (Except if this person is a friend) decides at my place. This is why I prefer staying alone; I am totally free. But when I have no choice, when I am in a group (What is really rare), I am always a follower.

I'm a bit in between. I will follow as long as the leader is competent and not trying to question morality. Once things get out of hand or they are morally doing something wrong then I step up and take action, no one should be forced to do something that they don't feel comfortable with. 

I'm not really a leader, I usually just stick out at the edge of a crowd, or walk alone.

Other people make me anxious, I worry a lot and have soooo much self doubt.

But if the need arises where I need to lead, I will try my best.  :twi:

I'm not a leader or a follower. I take my own path, obey my own rules-and break them when necessary-and accept no followers to my path. Its my burden to carry, and I will not deny it by following others-or hurt others by letting them follow me.

I am a follower. I am kind of a loner, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this, as I still can figure out how I would act in team or in a relationship, which I do plan to someday. I could also pull out the “neither” or “both” card, since I am able to take a more active position if really needed, but that would be just fear of labeling myself as one, as I always feel uncomfortable when I have to do that; plus, it doesn’t really add to me being a leader if I’d only “lead” when I’m pretty much forced to do so for the convenience of others. I don’t like responsibility, I like doing what I’m told. I am an weak person, I like it when I’m around someone that can lead me. Sounds kinda pathetic, I know, but that’s who I am. =)

I'm pretty sure I straddle both sides here. I hate leading and try to just blend in and follow others, but most people I've dealt with have no idea what's going on, so I end up being the leader. Albeit, I've only really had school to demonstrate that, so it may be biased in academic settings.

Depends on subject/context/topic/scenario.

Whenever its something I know I'm right about, and if its a scenario I feel I can speak freely then I would be  aleader.

But you forgot about another thing, independence. I generally follow though, except the times I am stubborn or feel like I'm more knowledgable, but even then with threats or such I would probably turn to being a follower out of conflict avoidance.

I'm usually more of a follower, but ideally I would like to be someone who can lead when necessary. I'm guessing I'll always tend to be a follower, but since I hope to be an officer in the military in the future, I will need to learn some leadership skills.

Depending on the situation, I'm usually a leader. RL-wise, I'm usually the first person people go to for knowing what to do and I'm automatically put as a leader because of how obnoxiously organized and take charge I can be. Being a leader isn't that bad but the pressure is unnerving especially if you don't know what to do.

I think I can do well at both.

I am good at organising group affairs, which could be a irritating job for many. I am usually the person who responds to occurring events as well, when no one turns up.

And I can be the best follower you can find. As a follower, I know I have to finish the job given to me as best as I can. And I will.

I tend to be a loner but there have been times where I've surprised myself into a leader role. Mostly it's due to me getting fed up on waiting on other people. I have an interesting story about leadership.

In 2013 I got accepted into my college's honor roll and there were some requirements I had to fulfill before I became a full member. For leadership training, I had to watch important speakers that have become leaders and I was assigned in a group where we had to meet a total of 3 times to discuss our goals and if we achieved them by the next time we were to meet.

I admit that when it came to the group meet-ups, I waited for other group members to contact me to schedule a meeting but it never happened. Finally I got fed up with waiting and I began making contact with the rest of the group members and scheduled our 3 meetings. We wound up only meeting once, the other two times I kept getting excuses why the others would never show up at the appointed times. It got so bad I had to contact one of the honor role/leadership instructors and let them know about the trouble I've been having. They gave me credit towards the two group meetings which was nice and I got inducted into the honor roll.

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart

It depends

If it is needed, I can be a leader. If not, I prefer to be a follower (usually, when I'm with friends, I let them decide what to do, where to go etc.) .. but sometimes it seems to me like the whole world is against me because of it, like if it was something bad.

Important note: it does not mean I would follow everybody! I still have my own head and can even go all alone.

Edited by Gekoncze

In real life, im only a follower. If i have way to much to handle or way to much responsibility , i often have to much pressure and i would just be scared.

So, im more a Follower.

On the Internet...i dont know, i would be happy, to be part of a team and i even was an administrator on a forum or two...i mean, sure the forums all died out...but it was fun being an admin for the time begin  :lol:

I have played with the idea, to make a new one actually. But still...i guess, just a follower would still be a little better  :adorkable:

And for Videogames :

Uh...hm...i dont play games were you have to choose between leader and follower...i often just play games, were i am the main character.

But i also like games like GTA or Total Overdose, where im just doing jobs, that bigger people give me.

Im okay with both in video games.  :dash:

I've been told before that I'm an excellent leader, but I tend to hang back until it becomes clear that I should step forward as a leader.  Even then, I tend to have a hands-off type of leadership, so I leave people to their own means most of the time.