Cleverclover

Season 6 confirmed to have 26 episodes

The last 26 episodes before it it ends...

Who said that? No one to my knowledge has confirmed anything as to when the series is gonna end. 

Badges

S5 has been really strong so far, and from the way it's looking to finish, this will go down as one of the best, if not THE best. I would prefer if the show ended after S5, but I could settle for a 6th season. After that, it's better to just end it before the show becomes terrible.Give us a satisfying finale, and a movie, then let's call it a day.

S5 has been really strong so far, and from the way it's looking to finish, this will go down as one of the best, if not THE best. I would prefer if the show ended after S5, but I could settle for a 6th season. After that, it's better to just end it before the show becomes terrible.Give us a satisfying finale, and a movie, then let's call it a day.

but they still haven't done certain pair-off episodes with the Cmc, mane 7, pribcesses, mane 7 and mane 7's family, etc

Badges

I really hope that this will be the last season. As much as i like this show, i want it to end on a high note and not getting milked to the ground. Give us the last season and then the movie as a final bang and then i am good. :)

It's probably the last season, but I'm excited for this, it would be for the best to end it with the movie :D

Sure is a lot of fuel left on this train! Enough for a whole 'nother season!

It'll probably end after the sixth season with the movie, as others have stated. They'll probably tie up Equestria Girls prior to the big movie.

As long as season 6 is good I can deal with it.

I just hope that the series goes out with a bang with the 2017 movie though.

nooo ! i want it to last as long as family guy or south park lol

Exactly! You said it Nightstar_moon!

Badges

Exactly! You said it Nightstar_moon!

Yeah, I am glad though that Season 6 was confirmed and for a good amount of episodes too.

Badges

So Twilight's going to be an alicorn longer than she'll have been a unicorn. That's a strange thought. Anyway more pony, yay! Too bad it'll be a year+ before we see it!  :)

Sweet, also I doubt its the last season, a lil bit ago they said they want it to go on another 5 years. even the movie isn't close to 5 years. If we assume a season a year it will end about season 9. But they also didn't say they were gonna end it then so it could go longer. Also, I would think the movie would be used to further advertise the series, not end it. Hasbro would want to use the movie to get more people liking the show. 

I feel like this one could be the final season before the movie ends the series itself, but who knows. As long as the series ends on a high note, then it would not bother me. Not sure how the season will go though, so many questions still left for season 5. :o At the moment I really don't like thinking of the end of the show and rather looking forward to more of it. ^.^ With S6 having 26 episodes, there is a lot more to look forward to. :)

Why is everyone saying that season 6 will be the last? Since when is that confirmed?

Why is everyone saying that season 6 will be the last? Since when is that confirmed?

After season 6 ends, the movie is coming out which might end off the series. It's not confirmed or anything, it's just an assumption that makes sense and could most likely happen.

I hope it doesn't end after Season 6 or another Movie, but if it does at least it's been a great run of episodes

The last 26 episodes before it it ends...

there's at least a pony movie after that ;) 

Who said that? No one to my knowledge has confirmed anything as to when the series is gonna end.

Past year, it have been mentioned to have ideas for at least 5 years. I don't think the Mane6 will last that long though, it would be a good idea to have a new set of main characters that either shares, or take over the spotlight

there's at least a pony movie after that ;)  Past year, it have been mentioned to have ideas for at least 5 years. I don't think the Mane6 will last that long though, it would be a good idea to have a new set of main characters that either shares, or take over the spotlight

So basically fan speculation. "At least" mean just that. Albeit I'd also like the movie to end everything. But Hasbro have plans for G4 until at least 2018 so unless that's definitely gonna be the last year and they skip a season because of that MLP has a good chance of lasting past the movie. 

Badges

Regarding season six ending the series: Hasbro's investor slides indicate continued investment in MLP in 2018. That could indicate a new season beyond six but in the real world it gets very complicated. You have to understand that investor calls and memo's are not a true indicator of decisions. In my experience, over half of promises made to investors are altered or dropped depending on market fluctuations and product performance.

In respect to a new Gen show. Not likely on the radar yet. Since I haven't seen any obvious indusrty signs of a new generation (which would need to be beginning development shortly), we can eliminate that.

Regarding a film sequel, Lionsgate is distributing the film and they also sit on the Hasbro Board. They likely wouldn't be fans of greenlighting an animated sequel this early on. Cross that off.

Honestly, I suspect we are in what is called the decision bubble similar to what happened during pre-production of season three.I believe any decision in season seven is dependent an 2015 revenue. If Pony continues to sell, we will see a new season greenlighted. If not, all eyes will shift to the film and how it performs without a commitment for a seventh season.

There is a benefit to seven seasons when you consider syndication deals. It is easier to sell ... but realistically it is too early to tell if they will make it.

Six seasons, a handful of spinoff films, and the main film are a nice bucket of content and more than anyone should have ever expected for this franchise. Here's hoping Hasbro continues to see stable profitability.

S3 was only 13 episodes to fill the Syndication quota(65 ep). Not surprising at all that they're keep making 26-episode seasons from now on