Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EquestriaGuy

Gonna be honest, this would have made a good Halloween episode. So it would have been better to not leak this one now, but too late for that... I stilled watched it, just thought it would have been better with the Halloween theme to be released then. Oh well

Hi @EquestriaGuy,

Just letting you know that I have added a spoiler tag to your thread. :)

Thank you for that. 

For those who have seen the episode, how was it?

I'm quite pleased with the episode, even if I found Fluttershy to be a bit over the top at times in her constant terror and paranoia, even for her. 

Otherwise, it was very funny, I LOVED the costumes, just like the past 2 weeks, and the facial expressions were great. I love the work the animators put into this show. I'd give this 8.5/10

• Brohoof 1

That episode made some good character development for Fluttershy, plus the storyline of Fluttershy facing her fears was great. I also liked the return of Flutterbat, even though it was her costume. I give this episode a 7/10

Edited by superdogz1999

Pretty good episode, and I found it to better than first couple of episodes starting the second half of Season 5. Superb characterization and moral for Fluttershy while doing a nice job handling the others well. There were plenty of visuals gags as well.

I liked how this episode referenced back to Filli Vanilli. Also, it had a good portrayal of Spike near the beginning (minus the costume). I also liked the animation in this episode. I do kind of wish it had come out on Halloween, but I just couldn't resist the temptation.

• Brohoof 1

That episode made some good character development for Fluttershy, plus the storyline of Fluttershy facing her fears was great. I also liked the return of Flutterbat, even though it was her costume. I give this episode a 7/10

EVERY Fluttershy episode is her learning to face her fear or stand up for herself

Good lord, this is almost as bad as the CMC never getting their Cutie Marks

Although now that the Luna/CMC trilogy is over, hopefully Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle finally get their marks this season...

I honestly don't know how to feel about this one. On one hand the morale was great, the entire third act a blast and Spike got to do something positive and interact with a pony outside of Twilight and Rarity, but on the other it has overly cowardly Fluttershy in the first act and I very much dislike that portrayal of her. It's Fluttershy equivalent to Pinkie Pie's characterization in Filli Vanilli.  Also Granny Smith, Angel Bunny and Rainbow Dash are kind of assholes. So I think this is a good episode, just one with many flaws I suppose.  Also Dragon Ball is canon in MLP. 

• Brohoof 3

I watched it on dailyMotion. 

One question is what is it with Fluttershy and getting slapped in the face? First Angel now Rarity with that fish tail thingy. 

The expressions in the episode was really fun, especially that completely evil grin that Angel bunny made. It also affirms my idea that Fluttershy could use her Stare powers to amass an army of .and animals to take over equestria if she wanted to, probably egged on by Angel bunny. I mean she has a pet Spider that can immobilize an alicorn princess and the elements of harmony and a bunny that I swear made its first appearance in a Monty Python movie 

• Brohoof 2

I was going to hold off on commenting until the topic appeared in the regular place after the episode actually aired, but I can't last... These comments are just to compelling!

Spike got to do something positive and interact with a pony outside of Twilight and Rarity, but on the other it has overly cowardly Fluttershy in the first act and I very much dislike that portrayal of her.

I loved this - it was awesome seeing Fluttershy and Spike having an intelligent conversation with one another. In fact, this may be only the second time we've seen them speak to one another like this, the others being the first episode of the series and Just for Sidekicks.

And I agree with you Fluttershy seemed extra cowardly in the first act when her friends were trying to do things that were in the spirit of the holiday without actually scaring her. It would have been better if the production crew had gone for more traditional scares, and simply showcased them in this scene in a rapid-fire fashion with some funny background music playing to convey the idea there wasn't anything she could enjoy. The drawn-out way they did it with her giving a somewhat lame excuse as to why it scared her fell flat.

Also Granny Smith, Angel Bunny and Rainbow Dash are kind of assholes.

I kind of disagree on Angel, and in fact thought the way they used him as Fluttershy's muse for planning something scary is the best use of the little devilbunny I've ever seen! But yeah, he was still a bully to her in other scenes.

RD I agree with, though maybe not all the way to "asshole" status. Her impatience with and berating Fluttershy seemed out-of-character. Maybe she was in a bad mood or something...

Granny Smith I totally agree with you, however. Ugh, what the buck was up with her? First she's so stingy she can't even spare a hoofull of hay to share with Fluttershy among all those bales! Then she goes off on this whole rant about how scary her maze is and nearly frightens the poor dear to death. And on top of that, Big Mac just sits there and lets it happen instead of stopping granny. So much for that ship!  :mellow:

One question is what is it with Fluttershy and getting slapped in the face? First Angel now Rarity with that fish tail thingy.

Yeah, what was up with that? Honestly it made me uncomfortable seeing Fluttershy get slapped so much. >_> The ones with Rarity's tail even left a mark each time it happened! It's almost like the show enjoys physically abusing their two most vulnerable characters for some reason.

I mean she has a pet Spider that can immobilize an alicorn princess and the elements of harmony

I agree with this. I also wondered why Fluttershy didn't simply try to scare them with some real monsters since she has no problems with creatures like the manticore, though I imagine it would have taken too long to locate a suitable menagerie of them. I thought for a moment the swamp creature was going to turn out to be an actual swamp creature instead of her bear friend.  :lol:

I still liked the episode overall as well - the early Spike scene and everything from the middle of the second act on was great! Though I suspect these issues are going to cause this episode to be vehemently hated in some circles of the fandom.

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 2

Huge thanks! But for some reason I couldn't find it when I searched for it. 

No prob. :)

Strange, when i searched for it, it was the first hit. Oh well...

• Brohoof 1

My friend actually messaged me on Skype and told me it was leaked and I later found out through Equestria Daily, I already watched it and I'll say it was a great Halloween episode and I loved the morals, overall story and Fluttershy also loved the return of Flutterbat and several other references shown. 10/10 episode!!

post-5578-0-73742400-1443150486_thumb.gif

post-5578-0-43466100-1443150489_thumb.gif

post-5578-0-48638400-1443150490.png

post-5578-0-45623800-1443150492_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-61696700-1443150493_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-45459200-1443150494_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-07158000-1443150496_thumb.jpg

Edited by MLPFanatic34
  • Brohoof 2

What a piece of s***. This is one of the most contrived excuses of an episode I've ever seen. They made Flutttershy scared of anything for the the sole purpose of running the plot along. They also made all the other characters weak minded and at times arseholes in order to get the plot moving. 

• Brohoof 2

If it wasn't for dailymotion...life would be miserable :(

Great Fluttershy episode though, I thought it was gonna get taken down soon or something...

Oh and also...Apple did something good for once..*YAY*