Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EquestriaGuy

Thank you iTunes. XD I was able to watch this on Dailymotion and wow, I LOVED this episode. <3 It is just a fantastic Halloween episode. The characters were absolutely hilarious here and I swear, the animation quality of this show just keeps improving, the facial expressions of the characters are becoming so incredibly diverse and I LOVE it! :D Plus, the moral at the end was pretty surprising and I thought it was excellent. 

Thank you again iTunes, your mess up let us see a wonderful episode early. :3 It really was great. Not sure on what the general opinion is but I really enjoyed it.

• Brohoof 4

What a piece of s***. This is one of the most contrived excuses of an episode I've ever seen. They made Flutttershy scared of anything for the the sole purpose of running the plot along. They also made all the other characters weak minded and at times arseholes in order to get the plot moving. 

Fluttershy might have been scared of everything because maybe she has had quite a few bad moments on that holiday in her life. I mean, she is a pony that has a lot of fears and Nightmare Night is a night dedicated to spookyness. It does not surprise me that she would be terrified of stuff. The moral at the end was also wonderful for her, it felt really empowering for her character. Also, the only character that seemed a bit mean was Rainbow, but that is Rainbow, hot headed as always. Her friends were very considerate of her really.

Just my opinion on that.

I swear, the animation quality of this show just keeps improving, the facial expressions of the characters are becoming so incredibly diverse and I LOVE it! :D

In addition to that, I particularly liked this new establishing shot of the castle with the dramatic use of perspective. Someone at DHX put a lot of effort into it:

post-25740-0-78800600-1443110327_thumb.jpg

The castle looks a lot more sinister when lit this way, with the crystal tendrils appearing to crawl up the structure like monstrous creatures! Also liked the little detail that the only light on in the whole place is the tower where the girls are telling their scary stories.

• Brohoof 3

Fluttershy might have been scared of everything because maybe she has had quite a few bad moments on that holiday in her life. I mean, she is a pony that has a lot of fears and Nightmare Night is a night dedicated to spookyness. It does not surprise me that she would be terrified of stuff. The moral at the end was also wonderful for her, it felt really empowering for her character. Also, the only character that seemed a bit mean was Rainbow, but that is Rainbow, hot headed as always. Her friends were very considerate of her really.

Just my opinion on that.

Yeah but how anyone could be scared by plastic I have no idea. And besides a good moral does not excuse the fact the characters were all idiots or mean to her for the purpose of making the plot go along. 

I see it on iTunes released the episode early, however I say this wait until Saturday, October 31st, 2015​ (Halloween Day observed on this date) to see this again "Scare Master" as a style for Halloween called Nightmare Nights.

Halloween style does look excellent this way. :)

Scare-Master is alright, not as good as Rarity Investigates to compare it to obviously the last new episode I watched before it, or Luna Eclipsed as the other Haloween episode. But it's good and it's nice to see a Fluttershy episode WITHOUT some crazy gimmick like S4 relied on so heavily for her.

Those references to Japan.

Sailor Moon including a background pony dress as SM

Ranma 1/2

Evagelion

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Dragon Ball

Edited by Singe

I was wondering what was up with this episode... the site i go on to watch new episodes has it up and i got so confused :ooh:  its why I actually came on today xD

great episode! I just wish I hadnt been listening to mlp Night Mare Night grimdarks before watching this episode  :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

It's pure luck that the CMC's cutie marks were covered by their costumes in this episode. If they weren't wearing costumes, anyone who watched this episode before Crusaders of the Lost Mark came out would've been spoiled badly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm... so... weak... ;-; Just one week before the official airing, and I succumbed. I watched the episode. I lasted so long, only to fail in the end. :c

I loved the episode, though. :)

It's pure luck that the CMC's cutie marks were covered by their costumes in this episode. If they weren't wearing costumes, anyone who watched this episode before Crusaders of the Lost Mark came out would've been spoiled badly.

Yeah I watched this episode before Crusaders of the Lost Mark came out, so thankfully I wasn't aware they had their cutie marks. 

I'm holding out to watch it next week. One question though.

I liked this episode. But,Fluttershy seemed too scared in it. She owns a spider and a bear. If anything,people should be scared of her.

Not the other way around. 

Also,did anyone else notice the bag designs?

attachicon.gifbags.png

What the heck is Pinkie Pie supposed to be dressed as?!?!?

I'm holding out to watch it next week. One question though.

What the heck is Pinkie Pie supposed to be dressed as?!?!?

I believe it's suppose to be an over the top 80s style skater, but if you ask me, she's going as the human version of herself from Friendship Games. 

eqg_pinkie_pie_skating_by_gerardogreiff-

• Brohoof 2