Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ladybug conspiracy theory and portals to Equestria

SasQ

I've just been struck with some intriguing observation I'd like to share with you.

It's related to the question of portals between Equestria and other worlds (including Human World).

Remember who or what Twilight Sparkle saw as first when she went through the mirror portal in the Crystal Empire's castle and ended up in the Human world in "Equestria Girls" movie?

Most people I ask that question immediately say: "Yeah, it was Spike, right?"

Well, not quite. Take a closer look on the following screenshot, just when Twilight Sparkle opened her eyes at the other side:

Ladybug_01_EquestriaGirls.jpg

Do you see it? A ladybug.

You might think: "Well, duh, what does it have to do with anything?"

Well, nothing as of yet, until you compare it with these screenshots from "Rainbow Rocks" when humane six were sitting around the portal:

Ladybug_02_RainbowRocks.jpg

The ladybug again! :o The pattern is starting to emerge, isn't it? :grin2:

And it appears only at these scenes with portals.

OK, but two occurrences in a row is not decisive enough yet. Is there anything else to back up this hypothesis?

Sure there is! Just recall the only other episode from "Friendship is Magic" where any other portal appears: "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies". Look what opens the episode:

Ladybug_03_Fluttershy.jpg

And the ladybug is seen once again when the mane six returns from the Breezies' world... through the portal! :sunbutt:

Ladybug_04_Breezies.jpg

DUN DUN DUUUN!

Seems like ladybugs and portals come in one package B)

So if you ever will be looking for a portal to Equestria, look around for any ladybugs. Maybe they will show you the way to the portal :lol:

My theory is that this particular ladybug is a Slider: it travels between worlds through portals and it somehow knows where to find them, because every time we see a portal in MLP, there's that ladybug somewhere around. I think that it might go through the portal n the first "Equestria Girls" movie and ended up in the Human World, and then it became trapped there when Twilight went back and the portal has closed. It wanted to return home, but it needed to wait for the next time the portal will open, so it is wandering around the portal, waiting for it to open. Or, it could be the other way around: the ladybug is from the Human World, but it went through the portal when it was open during the first movie, then it was around the portal to the Breezies' world, perhaps hoping that it is the portal to the Human World, but it turned out otherwise.

Hmm... but that wouldn't explain it to be there in the Human World in the second movie before Twilight went there. So I guess the first version is a better explanation and the ladybug originates in Equestria.

Hmm... on second thought.. that would exclude it to be possible for her to be in the Breezies episode, because the first movie was between Season 3 and 4, and the second movie was between Season 4 and 5.

Dammit! :sneer:

I don't know how to explain it, unless there is more than one ladybug, or that the ladybug can open the portal somehow at other times, or that there are more portals between Equestria and the Human World and the ladybug knows them.

And what do you think? Could the ladybug phenomenon be explained somehow?

But there is one thing for sure: ladybugs and portals are strongly correlated in MLP.

I wish to know why...

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 9

I don't know yet. I would have to watch through the entire 4½ seasons to verify that.

I was rather hoping that people will remember some other occurrences which would disprove the theory. (Nothing so far.)

Recently I planned to watch through all the seasons once again anyway, to check some other theories, but it will take some time, so I guess it would be faster if we divided the work and each person watched through just one episode.

But from the top of my head, I cannot remember any other occurrences of ladybugs.

Except that nursery rhyme which Cadence and Twilight knew, which – if the ladybug-portal correlation is really a thing – would shed a completely new light on that nursery rhyme: Where did Cadence and Twilight know it from? Could it be that someone taught it to Cadence and made sure she will teach it to Twilight in turn, so that the secret key to the portals will survive? :> Was it Celestia? Could this knowledge originated from Starswirl the Bearded somehow, who was the first known Unicorn to use a trans-dimensional communication? (He sent the Sirens to the Human World long time ago.)

I wouldn't expect that so many questions could be caused by a little ladybug :P

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

Huh? I don't follow your logic :wacko:

What I said is only this: that there is a correlation between ladybugs and portals in MLP; everytime we see a portal (which occurred three times so far), there is a ladybug around.

I didn't say that ladybugs are required for the portals to exist (this would be a logical error: reversing the implication). Surely there can exist portals without ladybugs.

I also didn't say that ladybugs can be seen only around portals. That would be another logical error to think that.

Considering the last one, I wouldn't say that finding ladybugs somewhere else would actually contradict this hypothesis: it would only decrease the probability, making the theory less plausible.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

Wait.

Ladybug has 7 letters, portal has 6. 7 + 6 = 13. The only season with 13 episodes is season 3, a triangle has 3 sides. Ladybugs are Illuminati.

Well someone had to do it...nice theory by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I was wondering about that too, but there's a problem with it: we've only seen Discord's bubble universe from inside. I'm not sure if there is any proper "portal" leading in there, and Discord can teleport there from everywhere, without using any portals.

The mail pony who did somehow get there might know something, and he mentioned something called "bottomless pit", but I don't know where is this place located.

• Brohoof 1

It's an interesting theory as relating to Equestria Girls. Perhaps they do have a link somehow. In FiM, other than the Breezie episode, there is also the ladybug in "May the best pet win" at the very least. If there was some kind of decision to link ladybugs and the portals, then that particular instance would have been too long ago to be relevant.

I found another ladybug :) It's in the new Equestria Girls movie, Friendship Games. I've only seen it in a preview and won't spoil it for anyone, but in the sceen I could not see anything about ports being around. It could however just be a subtle way of showing the audience when the camera shows a different universe. Although, it's pretty obvious to know that when there's ponies, humans or breezies around; you would notice the charecters first before the ladybug.

• Brohoof 3

Heya SasQ! Glad to see you're still around and spotting curious things as usual :D

FlutterstepHD may be onto something with them indicating alternate universes rather than portals. There's another one in Apple Bloom's exterminator dream in Bloom and Gloom, around 7:10. No portal, but not the real world.

None in Scootaloo or Sweetie Belle's nightmares, though. I checked Too Many Pinkie Pies as well since the mirror pool is sort of portal-like, but none there either.

There's a filly wearing a ladybug costume in Luna Eclipsed, but I don't think that really counts.

The EqG ladybug definitely seems like a recurring character, but the other ones may be coincidence. The Breezy one may just be there as a size comparison, and the Bloom and Gloom one is there because they needed a harmless bug for Silver Spoon taunt Apple Bloom with. But I'll keep an eye out for more of them, just incase they are intentional :)

• Brohoof 3

What if the bug is Starswirl trapped in the bug's body? What if Tirek, before he was imprsoned by Celestiia and Luna, stole Starswirl's magic, and Discord turned him into a ladybug, for laughs?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

I'm now compelled to write a fanfiction where a ladybug makes a bunch of portals.

To contribute to the discussion: What about at the end of Make Friends, But Keep Discord? There weren't any ladybugs in that scene. I'm pretty sure that was a portal that Discord made, too. There weren't any ladybugs in Equestria, nor in that other dimension. I didn't even see anypony dressed up as a ladybug. I rewatched the scene twice and still didn't see any ladybugs. I'm not normally one to look for this sort of stuff, so don't set me in front of a firing squad if I missed a ladybug.

• Brohoof 1

.... I think going around checking for portals in ladybug populous areas would be way easier than sneaking around certain castles looking to get in the really restricted areas looking for interplaner conjouring related scriptures. What other near crackpot theories are there?

• Brohoof 1

Well, the ladybug did show up again in Friendship Games, but not around the portal.

Just in human Twilight's lab, where she was working on her magic detector thing. But the magic detector thing did start making portals later after it was charged up, so that's vaguely related.

Edited by dekutree64
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Looks like Sawtooth Waves made a video about my theory:

Interestingly, I can find a couple of my other ideas & theories in some of his other videos too. An odd coincidence if you ask me :q

• Brohoof 2