S05:E16 Made in Manehattan  

152 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

Holy crap, this episode's just full of all the New York references, isn't it?  Newsies, George Costanza-pony, My Fair Filly, the list goes on and on.  I LOVE IT!  But poor Applejack, she's working herself to the bone.  :(

It was when Rarity set up that "friendship advice stand" and said "good grief" when nopony was interested which is well known as Charlie Brown who is the main character of Peanut's catchphrase.

sig-4113524.advice-lucy.jpg

Also a character passed by that was clearly modeled after Charlie Brown.

• Brohoof 2

When even Applejack is having trouble doing what should be basic farm work, you know things are bad. I am surprised that place didn't get condemned with how dangerous it is.

• Brohoof 1

She has been unfaithful to her hat :(

I guarantee you there are probably going to be jokes comparing Applejack's hate to Kenny from South Park because of that. I could see it now a comic with various Applejack hats meeting their untimely demise and one of her friends saying "oh my god they killed Applejack's hat, those bastards."

• Brohoof 1

Dunno if anyone else caught it, but we got a quick glimpse of Babs Seed again looking like a hair stylist.

She even spoke. I mean, there are people screaming "NO BABS!" but I'm sure I saw a cameo.

This was another pretty good episode.

I liked seeing Coco Pommel again and the theater revival actually was pretty nice.

We got some good moments from Rarity and Applejack and this episode was generally enjoyable to watch.

• Brohoof 1

*Sees the Cutie Map specifically requesting Rarity and Applejack, Rarity's "friendship problem" stand having a picture of her with Applejack and a heart, Rarity dramatically fainting into Applejack's arms while crying, etc.*

Okay, they're doing this s*** on purpose.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 4

I guess the episode was...okay. Nothing spectacular or bad or anything, it was just...there.

I liked some of the references that are linked to new york, like midnight cowboy, or my fair lady and it's nice to see Coco again.

The rest of the episode with the theater play felt like filler for me to be honest and i felt bored most of the time.

I guess it's time to prepare for EQG tonight.

• Brohoof 3

Finally, another Map episode appears after about 8 episodes since the last one :wub: , but Twilight's disappointed to be left out again :(

The ending had Rarity realized why the map sent Applejack with her instead of Twilight: Twilight instantly fixing the apparent problem would have prevented the real problem from being addressed and solved!

Anypony catch the old mare's comment about "haven't seen the neighborhood so friendly since Cheerilee left?

It was Charity that left, not Cheerilee.

*Sees the Cutie Map specifically requesting Rarity and Applejack, Rarity's "friendship problem" stand having a picture of her with Applejack and a heart, Rarity dramatically fainting into Applejack's arms while crying, etc.*

The shipping intensifies!  :lol:

Seriously though, I did love this episode. You just knew it was going to be good with this pair. And hard working AJ is the best! Somepony needs to give her a massage afterwards. No, not you, Rarity. We already have too many shippers in here.  :huh:  

• Brohoof 2