Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, you want to make a successful post?

MrJK

So, you want to make a successful post and get the forever lasting love and admiration of the ponies around you. Well, so do i. So, we should think of something together!

What are the makings of a clever post. We shall list them to get a general idea of what we are looking for!

Ok, we know ponies like comedy. So something with a kind of funny demeanor and over all witty-ness about a topic either something serious made funny, or an already topic seems like it would be one of the better options.

We also know ponies like to think and converse. An idea or question that provokes thoughts is one way to do this we know. But, a question just for thoughts isn't enough, we need something that ponies have an opinion about so they feel compelled to share it and see what other ponies agree or disagree.

Ponies love cute stuff, a cute picture seems to be a quick, easy way to get some brohoofs! (*cough* http://mlpforums.com...cutest +picture *cough*) As proven here.

Ponies also have a very distinct taste in art and culture. If you have the talent, you may want to draw your rendition of your favorite pony or scene. (As a side note to this, ponies seem to want to support someone whether their art is good or not. So, why not give it a shot! Im sure they'll love it! even if it isn't very good!)

Another quick way to a ponies heart is with some endearing literature or some sick beats! So if you have the patience to write a masterpiece or Shred some notes, it won't go unnoticed.

Now that we have talked about the topics of a good post, lets talk about the mechanics. Ponies appreciate good vocabulary and grammar. (Ponies are somewhat grammar nazis >_>) In conclusion, have a basic understanding of elementary grammar elements to have a truly successful post......or just spell check.

I believe we have covered all the basics! Toss in your own flavor or personality to identify with other ponies!

Welp, that's all i got! So, go now! And post! And be successful! JK Awaits your coming triumph over the pony armies! Earning you all the love and kisses! :wub: Make JK Proud!

EDIT: Oh ponies, i almost forgot the MOST IMPORTANT part of getting brohoofs and general love and admiration! Be female

Edited by DJ-JK
  • Brohoof 6

Be the wittiest user on the boards, so me, The Doctor, because one does not simply become Feld0 or a moderator.

So in other words, aim lower! Yeah!

Posted Image

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 3

What about a random, off-topic, irrelevant response? It could be genius or full of stupidity, but do you know the difference? Genius has its limits.

Edited by Tyger

I found this topic through the side bar of the main forum page and thought that this title was going to say, "So, you want to make a succubus."

Obviously very different from the actual title and OP... or is it? :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I found this topic through the side bar of the main forum page and thought that this title was going to say, "So, you want to make a succubus."

Obviously very different from the actual title and OP... or is it? :huh:

Actually i believe i addressed that somewhere in there (Jk ;) )

• Brohoof 1

Just say it like it is. Voice your opinion. You shouldn't post for the sake of becoming popular, that is just kind of silly in all honesty.

Express your thoughts and opinions with all your heart and focus. Passion and honesty go a long way and can be seen in many users' posts.

Be yourself and you'll always come out on top!

• Brohoof 6

Just say it like it is. Voice your opinion. You shouldn't post for the sake of becoming popular, that is just kind of silly in all honesty.

Express your thoughts and opinions with all your heart and focus. Passion and honesty go a long way and can be seen in many users' posts.

Be yourself and you'll always come out on top!

Agreed! Yourself is the BEST self, all you fabulous ponies, you!

• Brohoof 1

If you're having trouble with humor or wittiness, try becoming me. I realize this may be difficult for some of you, but it's the only surefire way I know of to instantly become one of the most awesome users on the site.

When making a long post, you should always try to make it as structured as possible and avoid to make it in a single paragraph since it makes it very hard to read.

Also, most importantly: review what you just wrote before posting it and check for spelling/grammar mistakes! A post that is well-written has so much more credibility than one that is full of mistakes and typos, even if the point it is trying to make is the same.

but of course, the best way is to steal a funny image from somewhere and post it as your own to get ALL the brohoofs!

Edited by Marshmallow

I have the most brohoofed post of all time on this forum ;)

http://mlpforums.com/best-content/

Please, ladies. Clam down,

there IS enough of me to go around (;

~

That doesn't count. Interesting and cool stuff actually happens in your life; the rest of us have to just think of clever things, while you can just talk about what happened to you recently. It's like we're writing novels while you write a blog post.

tl;dr: I'm better than you :P

• Brohoof 1

How to become popular and famous:

1: Become a moderator.

2: Make an announcement post in which you chastise or otherwise complain about community conduct.

3: ????

4: Brohoofs, thousands of them.

• Brohoof 7

2: Make an announcement post in which you chastise or otherwise complain about community conduct.

I never understood why the post that announced the removal of the chatroom had so many brohoofs!

I mean, why would we even brohoof this? WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!

...But who am I to speak: I probably brohoofed that post too! :P

1. Become Feld0.

2. Instant fame!

But of course...

Posted Image

Edited by Devin Dash McCourty