Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Firearm/Military technologies discussion

TheSwooceMaster

I do like the M9, great handgun. Isn't the US Army replacing it though? 

I remember reading something that said this. 

Either way, this handgun is still perfectly fit for duty.

It will be sad if they choose something else, berreta is a good company. 

Indeed they are, at least the Marine Corp are, from what i've heard. They believe the 92 lacks the stopping power, being 9mm. I believe they're switching back to the 1911 since it's chambered in 45ACP.

• Brohoof 1

Indeed they are, at least the Marine Corp are, from what i've heard. They believe the 92 lacks the stopping power, being 9mm. I believe they're switching back to the 1911 since it's chambered in 45ACP.

Oh man. That's some really awesome news! I can't believe the M1911 is being re-fielded yet again. Now it will have been in service for over a century. Holy cow!

• Brohoof 1

Been about 2 years since they started testing the Enhanced F88 (EF88) so Im hoping it becomes the service rifle for Australian troops. We were stuck with the A1 variant during training and the A3 was the service rifle we used. The EF88 is basically a more enhanced (thus the name) version of the A3 variant. Looks badass as well. Still stays true to the steyr design but gives it a more modern coating. 

sig-4112955.1360862382.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Been about 2 years since they started testing the Enhanced F88 (EF88) so Im hoping it becomes the service rifle for Australian troops. We were stuck with the A1 variant during training and the A3 was the service. The EF88 is basically a more enhanced (thus the name) version of the A3 variant. Looks badass as well. Still stays true to the steyr design but gives it a more modern coating. 

sig-4112955.1360862382.jpg

That looks sick as can be! The Australian Army need an upgrade, they've had the A3 for such a long time.

It's a great firearm, used in many militaries world wide but I feel this give Australia the uniqueness it deserves.

Now they just need to update that ugly pattern.

$_35.JPG

Edited by Lunar Echo

That looks sick as can be! The Australian Army need an upgrade, they've had the A3 for such a long time.

It's a great firearm, used in many militaries world wide but I feel this give Australia the uniqueness it deserves.

Now they just need to update that ugly pattern.

$_35.JPG

New Multicam uniforms already in production.

ByGVY2rCAAIYzIJ.jpg

• Brohoof 1

New Multicam uniforms already in production.

ByGVY2rCAAIYzIJ.jpg

That's whats-up :) Nice one Australia.

Looks like it has some uniqueness to it as well.

The Front Model on the Left looks like he wants to punch someone.

Look at how tense his fists are.

Edited by Lunar Echo

Oh man. That's some really awesome news! I can't believe the M1911 is being re-fielded yet again. Now it will have been in service for over a century. Holy cow!

yeah, :comeatus:  they said the same thing in 89,2001 and now.  the  9mm nato  the standard round for all nations and so is the 5.56. WE have to use it. the  Marine Corp uses the M9A1 which is raild and they asked to make for them.  So  Marine's have always carried and used 1911 cause there were special forces the new cold 1911 rail guns (I think that what there called. Its the same guns were non marines can buy too) the main reason they going them is that all the 1911 they had were really old(WWII).

Right now in the US armed forces (looked up and ask people at my air base) ruger p-95, M9/M9a1, sig P229,228,226 , glock 19, 22 and 26, HK USP and the HK Heckler & Koch MK 23 and all kind is 1911 from colt ,Kimber and some are hand man.  There are more but I kept it short.

The M9 is going to be around for at least the next 20 years (they just came out with the M9a2). 

• Brohoof 1