Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What possible themes are still left for the writers?

Commissar Alexer

As of now the mane 6 had found friendship, got the elements of harmony, owned Nightmare Moon, owned Discord, owned Sombra, owned Chrysalis, owned several other minor Villains, learned quite amount of life lessons, helped other kingdoms, visited another dimension and are going to owne another villain...

Not to forget the high possibility of a Baby coming soon and several other things like reformation of an former Villain, fan-service episode and countless meme and pop cultures references.

Now my question is....what's left?

I mean Sparkle Butt is princess of friendship now, was on many adventures and learned many life lessons and so on...

But what else will come? There is S6 coming and if it turns out that the movie won't be the end...then what are they going to introduce in S7, S8, S9 or even S10?

Another villain who was frozen/jailed from thousand years ago and now is suddenly free? Another lesson about "Don't be greedy!, "Don't be mean!", "Don't be stupid!"?

I would love to see the show continue (until they fucked up really badly for me) but i wonder with what they will come up...

Thoughts?

I'd like to see the show tackle the idea of making sacrifices for the greater good. And I know characters such as Rarity, for example, have done this, but I'd love to see it on a wider, more impacting scale.

For example, I'd like to see an antagonist who the Mane Six themselves would have to imprison/banish/etc., much like Cestia and Luna have done in the past. And I don't mean an obviously crazed villain such as King Sombra. Maybe even a more typical pony or character who let their ideals go to their head and pose a risk to Equestria as a whole (like Starlight Glimmer but without the blatant insanity.)

We could have a villain that's an opposite of Discord in a way. Order is generally presented as good in the FIM universe overall; So have a villain who is the spirit of order, and acts as a tyrant, trying to eliminate free will or freeze the world in some manner for perfectly order to contrast excess chaos with discord, in the same way we have duality with Celestia for light and luna for darkness with neither being good or bad.

For plotlines, there are TONS of possible arcs for the mane six. For example, lets take a look at fluttershy. She's incredible with animals, and takes care of her local pet adoption things, yeah? She's also very knowledgeable about magical creatures and whatnot.
have a few episodes focusing on her shyness and timid nature getting in the way of her legitimately wanting to help with animals or whatnot; like have her assisting an organization of ponies trying to help magical creatures in a disaster situation or something similar, but finds herself trying to avoid taking up a central or leadership role in dealing with the problem due to her shyness and being scared to be in the central light, with her having to deal with her shyness possibly holding her back from fully helping out.

There's lots of new untapped potential with Dash and gilda, Dash and Daring do, or dash exploring her aptitude as a flight team leader like in Hurricane fluttershy or WA as well for other plotlines.

Heck, we don't even know WHAT the map wants them to do yet! There's probably going to be a giant reveal of something about its purpose coming up, and we have lots to explore with that.

(like Starlight Glimmer but without the blatant insanity.)

I actually question this as I don't think you can call starlight glimmer insane; she seems perfectly mentally well to me IMO.

They could do a villain who is good at sowing distrust among others. Drum up every bad deed that happened because of the Mane 6, they lose the trust of the other ponies.

A shady reporter who puts out bad press about the Mane 6 to get readers and it makes their mission harder.

Edited by Singe

I would like to see the show cover the idea of a loved one's death. The closest we've gotten to this is the destruction of the Golden Oak Library and Tank's period of hibernation. (I don't know if this has been covered in the comics, I haven't read all of them.) Not like someone getting murdered or anything, but maybe one of the Mane Six's parents passing away from old age or disease. I know this could potentially cross the line for some people, but consider how much death is a significant theme in many beloved Disney films, (like Bambi or The Lion King), so this can be done. More than anything, it'll show children and fans everywhere that your friends will be there to support you when such a thing occurs. Of course, it might be a bit too dark for MLP, but I still I wouldn't mind seeing how the writers handle this.

Edited by AnotherTigerGeekGuy
  • Brohoof 3

A unicorn who could never let her friends go and keeps their souls trapped. Using her magic to relive all her moments with her friends.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Some ideas I've considered:

- More information on the history of Equestria and especially the time period between Luna's banishment and the current era ie. Celestia's 1000 year reign and what events may have occurred.

- More details on Equestria itself and in particular parts of Western like Los Pegasus and Vanhoover.

- Some background on the natural Alicorns.

- Whether or not there still exists some tension between different types of ponies and between ponies and other species.

- Actual TV appearance of the Deers from the comics.

- The impact and progression of technology in Equestria and it's relation to magic.

- Anything resembling politics or the Government of Equestria, even if just a slight reference or brief mention would be interesting for world building.

-Applejack's parents. Probably will never happen but hey, what the hell.

- What ever happened to the land Ponies inhabited before Equestria? Is it still frozen from the Windigos? Are there any ponies still living there?

There are a few others I can't think of at the moment but these are the most pertinent.

Is there really that little faith in the writers and show now? 

What's left is what the writers and us as fans decide to make of the show. Even sticking with its genre, FiM has a rich world to explore. We've barely touched on the outside of Equestria not to mention - The Crystal Empire is still quite unknown, Griffons have plenty more potential, Zecora are also great places to start.

The locations within Equestria itself also include many places that remain unexplored or largely neglected. Apploosa is always a great place to build off of especially with the bison. We have Manehattan, Baltimare, Los Pegasus and many other landmarks that the show can touch on.

As for major plots just off the top of my head, old villains and antagonists can be reintroduced with new themes. It worked with Trixie and Gilda so it can work with Queen Chrysalis and maybe even Tirek. Twilight could be involved in resolving a potentially major war or crisis. Personally I think there's great potential to develop her relationship with Spike, whose been long neglected. Have him truly go on a soul searching adventure and become involved in a major event. Have Twilight be the one that can convince Spike and his new found allies that there friendship still means something important and use that as a theme. It worked quite well in the Crystal Empire.

• Brohoof 2

Well i'm not sure i mean yeah here plenty of equeria to explore and we only seen the map call on hem like what 3 times! weee good use out of the castle writers.

AJ really has no real gaol she happy with her family.

Pinkie kind of he same

Fluttershy...i have no idea if she has life goals

Rarity and Dash have had hier dreams come true and the CMC getting hier marks is just around the corner this season.

Let me start off with a question. Did you think that we'd get an episode that touches on a dark subject such as propaganda or cults? Didn't think so. Seriously, if after seeing season 1, you jumped to season 5 (skipping seasons 2 through 4), I imagine this is that most people's reactions would be.

http://starfox64.baldninja.com/wav/wolf-nowway.wav

I think that the writers will continue to push the boundaries of the show in order to explore new subjects or ways of doing things. It's probably going to be hit or miss but what can you do?

Let me start off with a question. Did you think that we'd get an episode that touches on a dark subject such as propaganda or cults? Didn't think so. Seriously, if after seeing season 1, you jumped to season 5 (skipping seasons 2 through 4), I imagine this is that most people's reactions would be.

I think that the writers will continue to push the boundaries of the show in order to explore new subjects or ways of doing things. It's probably going to be hit or miss but what can you do?

Honestly I just don't see the premier as having been that dark.

Maybe its just me, but cultists and brainwashing strike me as fairly mild all things considered. Hell, they had cults in rescue rangers. I think the S4 finale was WAY darker, the S5 premier seemed 100% what I'd have expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGbCdD_MyoQ

Actually the entirety of the character Starlight Glimmer is all about propaganda:

864575__safe_plot_dock_artist-colon-myst

I can't speak for all fans, but this show for me has gotten markedly better since its beginning. Its much more mature, complex and the characters are richer. If anything, even with Lauren Faust long gone, FiM has proven that shows can improve as they age and having villains like Tirek and Glimmer prove that.

I wanna see the magic of friendship fail against a baddie. I wanna see Twi have t match wits with a foe, instead of blasting it with friendship power.

So much this.  

What I would love to see is a morally grey villain (And no, before anyone says it Starlight Glimmer doesn't count).  Also I would like to see them tackle the what the Dark side is and why people are drawn to it. I feel too often the bad guys are just bad because they need to be bad, they never delve into why someone would join the dark side.  They never focus on that it's quicker, easier and more seductive and that the best of intentions leads to hell. It's easy to be on the good side when you have everything but it's not so easy when your back is against the wall and you have everything to lose. 

Another thing theme they could easily go with is friend vs friend.  I mean don't pull a ST:TNG where the characters always need to agree with each other.  Have a riff form within the group temporarily to show that how even when things are really bad that friends still come through.  Basically have the light shine by darkening the surroundings.  

I think it would be really cool to learn more about the changelings! There was changeling at that wedding in Slice of Life, so they can't all be bad. Oh, maybe there could be an episode about that particular changeling! Maybe the theme could be that just because you're raised to be bad doesn't mean you have to be bad! OR MAYBE THE MAP COULD SEND THE MANE 6 TO WHEREVER THE CHANGELINGS LIVE!

Edited by melody5697

Dealing with failure episodes, where the ponies deal with failing at some things.

Pinkie Pie fails at a party. It can be something happens that ruins it like party canon misfire injuring the client or it doesn't live up to the client's expectations.

The Mane 6 return home after failing to get the friendship message through and need to recoup.

Edited by Singe