Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Jeric Q&A

Simon

I'm Late!  I'm Late!  For a very important date!

Time for this week's staff Q&A and who better to chat with than Jeric!  Not only is Jeric an admin here on MLPF but he also runs the Poniverse Newsletter and helps out with just about everything he can get his hooves on!

And as always, I'll get things rolling:

What's your favorite thing about Poniverse that makes you keep helping out?

---

Spam your questions below!

• Brohoof 8

It's no secret that your first favourite pony was Twilight. I can understand why she was your favourite pony at one point (your interest in astronomy and science comes to my mind), but that leads to another question.

What made you change of idea and let Rarity be your favourite pony?

• Brohoof 4

Alright lets get the obvious question out of the way, what has been your most memorable moment whilst being a member staff?

• Brohoof 3

What do you usually do throughout the day? 

What is your fondest memory of the forums? 

Are you going to blame Simon for being late :P

• Brohoof 5

Hiya Jeric :D

Got a few bunched up words ending with a question mark here for you.

* What's the best part of being an Admin?  :love:

* Who's best pony? ;)

* What's the best thing that you've seen in the fandom since you joined? :)

* Quick! PC or Mac? ^_^

* Best Console game?  :muffins:

(I might throw some more questions your way later :P)

• Brohoof 2

@@Jeric,

Mr. Chris Jericho! :D

I'd like to know:

Favorite Episode?

Favorite School Subject?

Play any instruments?

You like being Admin? Is it stressful?

RARITY LOVER1!!!! :D :grin2: :pout::rarity::proud: Why is she your fav? :please:

• Brohoof 1

Hey Jeric,

how many wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :P

Also, was there ever a moment during the time in the fandom, where you had the feeling that you wanted to leave?

And of course, the most important question of all. Are you secretly Chris Jericho? If that is the case, nice match you had at Night of champions. Too bad your team lost. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it a suicide watch or a hostage situation?

Hey hey Jeric!

Firstly. what made you want to become overlord moderator of this fine community of ours? 

Secondly, what's your favourite type of music? 

Finally, I've learnt first hand you are quite the movie fanatic. What movie would you say is your favourite? (If that's possible to answer x3)

• Brohoof 1

Hey Jeric from over here.

What is the hardest part about being an admin?

The executive washroom is always occupied by Spoon D:

Actually what I'm about to say may actually shock you and go against what many others have said previously. This role is not that hard. Feeding a family on a minimum wage paying job is hard, this is fun. I like to put things in perspective.

Words!

• Brohoof 9

Some more questions:

What do you think about insanity? 

What would you do if Iceland invaded your house? 

Would you like to see an alicorn Rarity? 

• Brohoof 2

It's no secret that your first favourite pony was Twilight. I can understand why she was your favourite pony at one point (your interest in astronomy and science comes to my mind), but that leads to another question.

What made you change of idea and let Rarity be your favourite pony?

Twilight felt like the safe and pretty typical choice for me. I like the nerd/smart archetype. Gadget Hackwench, Donatello, Data. Twilight felt comfortable. How did it evolve into Rarity? I actually was blindsided by her. You see I originally dismissed the character as the typical 'girl toy bait'. Slowly but surly she grew on me to the point I could appreciate her nuances that her VA help bring to the table. Episodes like Suited for Success and Sisterwhooves Social piqued my interest. Another aspect that I enjoyed was that she appeared to have some realistic flaws that I could appreciate. There is also something to be said for the fact that Rarity is a self made mare ... and as a father of two teenage daughters ... that is an appealing character trait. 

As I continued to watch the show, I found myself looking forward to her episodes and scenes. Then during a specific scene in Rarity Takes Manehattan she leapfrogged Twilight, AJ, and Scootaloo and became my favorite character. 

Basically Rarity ninja attacked my ass.

BTW this is the scene that finally got me. 

I actually said "Ok You win!" out loud. 

Alright lets get the obvious question out of the way, what has been your most memorable moment whilst being a member staff?

Why u such a jerk to your brother!

BABSCon was amazing, but I honestly now look at that more as me meeting friends than a staff thing so I can't fairly count that.  Making Christmas Merrier 2014 is near the top of the list. The thing is, when the dust settles and I think back on my time on staff years from now, two things I will remember long after I have turned in my badge. One will be the hilarious things that people have said  in chats and calls. Troblems and Destiny hold the record of making me laugh. I'm still chuckling about "Weak Eyebrow action". :D

But the single most memorable moment had to do when I briefly had to take a haitus when my wife was hospitalized. The outpouring of support from the staff who knew was ... well ... it kept me smiling even though it was likely the most gut wrenching time I have ever experience. Yeah, that was tops. 

Weak eyebrow action takes second place tho. :P

• Brohoof 5

What do you usually do throughout the day? 

image.png

What is your fondest memory of the forums? 

I gave two examples above as staff, but on the forums is different. In June MLPF had the World Cup ... basically a voting popularity contest thread. In that thread we had a match between Rarity and Discord. I was bored with simply posting pony pics and decided to try some whimsical silliness instead. Posts like this and this were great fun to write. It also created a running gag among some. Two if you count the fact that I despise Tom and all his unholy teachings. 

• Brohoof 4

What would you do if Iceland invaded your house? 

Iron_Man_vs_Thor_Concept_Art.jpg

Would you like to see an alicorn Rarity? 

This needs to be a thing!

FANMADE_Alicorn_Rarity_in_Pinkie_Pride.p

Are you going to blame Simon for being late

Nah. But I blame him for my answering questions out of order. BAD SIMON BAD!!!!!

On a scale of 1 - 10, what is your favorite color of the alphabet?

Synesthesie+une+hyperactivit%C3%A9+neuro

S ... easily the best color of the alphabet. 

• Brohoof 5

Jeric V ooBrony, who is the most devoted Rarity fan?

ghostie and obsidian are always for me you just cant compare they were one of the reasons why i Got more into Rarity in the first place

I almost missed this Q&A im getting too busy these days

will the Noire Rarity beat French Rarity on your favorite Rarity style?

• Brohoof 3

I know you're also into other franchises like Star Trek and the like. Out of all of those other things you're a fan of, which one would you choose to have a MLP crossover with?

• Brohoof 1