Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Jeric Q&A

Simon

Where did the name "Jeric" come from?

A combo of my first, middle, and last names.

Boring answer is boring. To make it up to you ... you can be my Ministry of Defense when I conquer the world.

If you could pick your favorite section of the forums, what would it be?

Show Discussion. I came for ponies and by Celestia's chin hairs I am still here for them!

• Brohoof 4

Can you briefly describe your 'career' here on MLPForums so far?

I applied for the Newsletter and was hired, was kinda poked to apply for Mod and said no. Applied for Q&A and got it after being told no room in the inn. Applied for lore team in RP even though I did not RP and was hired, and I created sheep. Was brought on as Q&A staff. Eventually that morphed into Sectional of MLPF. Was offered the Newsletter Head position. Was asked if I had an interest in being a mod, said no. Was sent a PM offering me Mod and TL of MLPF (what is now Canterlot Section). Said yes. Assisted in various projects on the site. Was kinda approached twice about interest in being an Admin. Then I was asked to join the Admin team by Artemis. Said no. We fight a battle to the death. I lost and he agreed to spare my life if I joined the Admin team.  

Choose-All-the-Careers-Meme.png

Moral of the story is that 'No!' is not a powerful word D:

• Brohoof 7

Hiya Jeric

ohai_o_846691.jpg

Got a few bunched up words ending with a question mark here for you.

alphabet-soup-save-me-7040755.jpg

* What's the best part of being an Admin? 

Same thing that is the best part of being a Member, Sectional, or Moderator. Anything that has to do with interacting with the community. I quite enjoy occasionally playing practical jokes on some members as well. It is something I do from time to time. I love planning events like the Buffy contest. I have kinda hidden some Easter Eggs for some people around the site that they still haven't found. 

On the pure Admin side, there are times when I simply enjoy having a conversation with someone in a PM about the state of the forums. Here is the thing about me, I don't believe in party line political answers. With me you will get my unfiltered opinion of things and while I am known as being a jovial goofball, I call the play as it is. It is in these conversations that I have fostered strong respect for some people. Yeah, that would be my favorite thing about the jerb. 

* Who's best pony?

Oooh oooh I know this one .... 

rainbow_power_rarity_silhouette_wall_by_

Quick! PC or Mac?

maxresdefault.jpg

200_s.gif

• Brohoof 5

I have kinda hidden some Easter Eggs for some people around the site that they still haven't found.

Do you give any hints to those Easter Eggs :3?

• Brohoof 4

* What's the best thing that you've seen in the fandom since you joined?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7PQ9IO-7fU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ_jdruQca0

Best Console game?

giphy.gif

This is like choosing my kids, and to be honest I will probably change my answer depending on what day it is. Final Fantasy VI and VII I play a run through every year. I am always picking up Last of Us. Chrono Trigger has a special place in my heart. Metal Gear Solid 3 came from the gods on high. KOTOR was gaming crack to me. 

But if you forced me to say anything .... 

maxresdefault.jpg

What's your favorite thing about Poniverse that makes you keep helping out

Simple but boring answer. I like being helpful. It remains my strongest motivation and one of the constants in my life. Doesn't matter if it is at home or work or here.

Also answering out of order is fun!

As a mod, what drives you crazy the most?

The Admins. Those guys are slave driving jerks D:

Hey, Jeric, can I jump on your belly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HibHeY4UiPU

A.V. have you ever seen me? I weigh 140 lbs wet! I don't have a belly ... though I swear my kids used to think I was a damn bounce house when they were toddlers.

O.o
  • Brohoof 7

What is it like being the Jeric? :twi:

Not as cool as being the Fury of Storms!

But to answer your question, busy. You all seen me as an Admin. I have a devoted wife, two teen girls who still seem to want their doofus of a Dad to be a part of their lives, I have several hobbies, including Pony stuff, and a career. I'm also.considering running for local office.

The answer is that being Jeric is busy work. I survive because of this

cJlBUVL.gif

Would you rather have 'ultimate power' or ' ultimate cake' :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:>_>

I would rather have cake. Ultimate power comes with bad complexion. See above gif

• Brohoof 4

Favorite Episode?

Suited For Success. As someone who dealt with a wide range of clients in my life ... I could appreciate the message that this one had. 

Favorite School Subject?

I audited Methods of Theoretical Physics as a course and it was something that I really fell in love with. Honestly, I am a Science nerd so most Science topics appealed to me. That said it I have an almost equal love for social sciences and literature ... though most lit courses are taught by pretentious professors that can't grasp the concept that authorial intent is not a hard and fast rule. But yeah, anything 19th century history (world) and cosmology related is my thing. My first avatar here was of a 'Hot Jupiter' named 21 Pegasi b. Get it ... huh huh? ;)

Play any instruments?

I do, yes. While I would never say I have talent, I can actually play several instruments. I would kill to be able to master the clarinet since it is a ethereal sounding instrument, and a well played piece will bring me to tears. I am mostly a strings guy when it comes to playing. 

You like being Admin?

Sure. It is just a role though. I would be happy in any position where I could contribute. 

Is it stressful?

Nope. It really isn't. The stressful parts are the same things that I would encounter as a member ... when you see someone in pain and hurting and knowing that you can't directly help them. 

Why is she your fav?

I will answer this one last since it will be the longest reply and I have actually never fully answered this question on MLPF. 

how many wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Jim-Carrey-Smiles-Runs-Out-of-Court-Room

Also, was there ever a moment during the time in the fandom, where you had the feeling that you wanted to leave?

Nah. First there is likely nothing that would ever make me stop watching and enjoying the show. The fandom though? Hm.  I will tell you that there are aspects of the community that I may not appreciate as much as others ... but I can live with those aspects just fine. I tend to have a high tolerance for passionate people ... at least on a personal level. That said, I have gotten annoyed with that passion seems to override some individuals' rational thinking. Nothing to the degree I would give up. I mean, compared to politics this fandom is tame as all hell.  

And of course, the most important question of all. Are you secretly Chris Jericho?

No. I am secretly this guy

undertaker_0.jpg

• Brohoof 5

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it a suicide watch or a hostage situation?

Full disclosure - I sleep with a PsyD. 

tumblr_inline_mhf4vbA9B61qz4rgp.jpg

A person with true blue Dissociative Personality Disorder technically can have a Suicidal Alter with the later motivation (though the SA will likely feel no desire to save the Host Alter), however the former is what presents more often in a clinical environment. According to my 'phone a friend' (:P) it is unusual to find a legitimate DID case, as it is not very common and still controversial even among the mental health professionals. It would be even more unusual to find a DID patient with a Suicidal Alter.

Firstly. what made you want to become overlord moderator of this fine community of ours? 

At the time I didn't. I was actually against it. I enjoyed being a member of the community absent the political underpinnings that one could expect as a member of staff. I also felt that one should have a certain amount of time just chilling here with no obligations. Not only was I new to the forum, I was relatively new to the fandom. I wanted to find the third rail here and until I understood the community better ... I did not want to be a Mod.

That said, I eventually saw a select few moderators always doing everything. I found out that stress and being overtaxed was a thing, and in my experience can turn a person sour to the very thing that they once loved. I eventually said yes with the only goal to take some pressure off of the rest of the team which was understaffed. 

FYI, similar motivations existed with me agreeing to Admin here. 

• Brohoof 6

-A Concerned Citizen of MLPForumville.

Hey, I am also a concerned citizen of MLPForumvile! D:

Dear Princess Jeric the Alicorn:

Why is Lightwing best pink staffer?

Okay, an honest question.

Thoughts on Applejack? What about Rarijack and its presence in the show?

Also. thoughts on the (in)famous Star Wars: Holiday Special from 1978? I believe I asked you this once, but never got an answer.

• Brohoof 2

Secondly, what's your favourite type of music? 

I have very very eclectic tastes. Ranging from Metallica to Beatles to Queen to Andrew Lloyd Webber to Eric Clapton to ... well ... you get the point. 

That said my favorite genre is Jazz and its many sub genres. 

BEHOLD THE FIRST LADY HERSELF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XivELBdxVRM

Finally, I've learnt first hand you are quite the movie fanatic. What movie would you say is your favourite? (If that's possible to answer x3)

Much to learn about me you have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hm-9Sai9To

What do you think about insanity? 

It doesn't really exist. 

Unless you are this guy maybe

RTX1GZCO.jpg

• Brohoof 7

What initially drew you to this place? :)

Serendipity! I wanted a place to read other opinions on the show. YouTube was ... well ... too YouTube. EqD was better but seemed like disorganxined and too many people playing the, 'Imma try and be more funny than you'. I stumbled on this site and found it charming and engaging. There was actual substantive Pony discussion here. Also World Cup and RFC helped.

Jeric V ooBrony, who is the most devoted Rarity fan?

ooBrony. To be frank, I have never been a fan of ranking other fans, but ooBrony definitely loves Pearl Pone!!!

How did you meet Button's mom?

[Original joke]

• Brohoof 4