Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Jeric Q&A

Simon

My last question before I go bed; What will the world be like with SunsetMaster?

What will the world be like without Jeric?

Is Koukatsu the best mod (no competition or bias in this question)

And.... What you think of this current season of MLP?

fb803133e08346acd47acb2.gif

• Brohoof 1

ghostie and obsidian are always for me you just cant compare they were one of the reasons why i Got more into Rarity in the first place

I almost missed this Q&A im getting too busy these days

will the Noire Rarity beat French Rarity on your favorite Rarity style?

Yay for being busy!

I 100% can affirm that Noire Rarity is now my favority depiction of Rares hooves down. Seriously, that fedora and coat, third person narrative, and black and white ... Rarity works the 30's like a queen!

I know you're also into other franchises like Star Trek and the like. Out of all of those other things you're a fan of, which one would you choose to have a MLP crossover with?

Hmmm. Maybe one of the Disney Afternoon shows. I can see a good fit with a Dash centric appearance in the Tail Spin universe. Kit and Dash would have a rivalry!

Didn't expect that one ... Huh?

Best Rarity moment in MLP so far (if any you can think of). What is your role of admin? Like what do you?

vector_of_rarity_and_spike_falling_by_pi

That scene always got me. Rarity knew what he was going to say, and without saying a word stops him but still subltly gives him his 'moment'.

My role as an Admin? There are three functions to Administration. System configuration changes, staff oversight, community relations. In general maintain the health of the community. Each one of those has many tasks connected to it, but for the purposes of this question that is what we do.

Do you think, that Celestia is better than Luna or vice versa?

Celestia deserves more love and a deducated episode. But I tend to think Luna is a more interesting character in general.

• Brohoof 5

Hey Jeric! It's nice to see you doing a Staff Q&A.

I hope you don't mind me asking this, but what is it like having a wife and two kids to take care of?

Edited by Cynical
  • Brohoof 1

Jeric! What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

tumblr_npgok1OxfG1uwr21io9_500.gif

So, judging my that gif, would you cosplay as Feld0 or Supreme Chancellor Palpatine?

I'm almost old enough to pull off Palpatine, but my Canadian accent is still a work in progress.

• Brohoof 5

Jeric, as all the good questions have been taken ill go with the first that pops to mind.

What was your reaction when you found out MLP would be returning with 3 episodes of Rarity?

Also, what do Mrs Jeric and Jeric Jrs. think of your love for cartoon horses?

• Brohoof 2

Oh my gosh! I almost missed this. That's what I get for being productive and doing my homework.

Oh great wise Jeric, please bestow upon me the knowledge to this question: if you could make an episode of MLP, what would the plot be?

• Brohoof 2

Hey Jeric! I have what I hope will be a simple question. :D Or maybe not... complicated one's are always fun. >:3

You've obviously made your mark around here already as is, but is there one thing you'd really like to achieve in the community before you decide to pack it in?

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm. Maybe one of the Disney Afternoon shows. I can see a good fit with a Dash centric appearance in the Tail Spin universe. Kit and Dash would have a rivalry!

Didn't expect that one ... Huh?

Huh, you're right. I would have said Darkwing Duck. :) Rescue Rangers would have been interesting, but ... scale issues. :dash:

• Brohoof 3

Dear Princess @Jeric;

Why is @Koukatsu best purple staffer?

-A Concerned Citizen of MLPForumville.

Yes.

Hey, I am also a concerned citizen of MLPForumvile! D:

Dear Princess Jeric the Alicorn:

Why is Lightwing best pink staffer?

Yes

What would you rather do for a 1,000,000$?

Live in North Korea for 2 months or spend 1 day in Sentinel Island?

Sentinel Island. I would rather die than sacrifice freedom. Seriously, I doubt N. Korea allows Ponies, Pretzels, Cheesecake, or Guineas. I'd rather take an arrow to to knee.

YES I WENT THERE! I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE FUNNY. STOP GROANING!

Hey, I am also a concerned citizen of MLPForumvile! D:

Dear Princess Jeric the Alicorn:

Why is Lightwing best pink staffer?

Okay, an honest question.

Thoughts on Applejack

Country pone that values family and hardwork? Yeah she almost was my favorite.

What is at the other end of the rainbow (besides Skittles)?

At the risk of getting attacked by leprechauns as I am about to forsake my heritage ... it had better be a sentient mechanical metal woodcutter, a batman villain (or AJ's old Halloween costume), AJ's new Halloween costume, and the person who sang Let it Be!

JERIC GOT MILDLY OBSCURE!

Hey Jeric!

I got one very different from the rest.

How is your handwriting? And do you prefer print or cursive? :adorkable:

~ Miles

Actually my cursive pennebship is pretty decent thanks to years of private Catholic school.

Cursive is an art form. A dying one.

I'll cover the remaining questions tomorrow morning. I left the meaty stuff for last. ;)

Also. thoughts on the (in)famous Star Wars: Holiday Special from 1978? I believe I asked you this once, but never got an answer.

:eww:

Jeric x Kuokatsu. Who is THE most awesome?

Yes!

Jeric, I have said it in other Q&A's before, so I will ask you; What is the meaning of life, please enlighten me.

Simple. To exist. To marvel in our existence with friends and family by your side. To be.  

What will the world be like without Jeric?

hqdefault.jpg

My last question before I go bed; What will the world be like with SunsetMaster?

Wait. What? What do you mean if? Who is this I am talking to. DOES NOT COMPUTE

Windows_9X_BSOD.png

Is Koukatsu the best mod (no competition or bias in this question)

The rook is no more powerful than the castle. One petal no more important than the one preceding it. 

And.... What you think of this current season of MLP?

If the quality and fun continues it will at least tie as my favorite season overall. As it stands it contains some of the most personally powerful episodes ... at least to me. 

• Brohoof 8

Would you rather live in an extremely hot planet, or an extremely cold planet?

If there was a filly Rarity around, and you were offered a million dollars (and some muffins) not to cuddle, pet or play with her, would you do it?

• Brohoof 2

I hope you don't mind me asking this, but what is it like having a wife and two kids to take care of?

In many ways it really is my wife that takes care of me. The effort I expend at times is significant. Forget the logistics about raising a family and being a husband. The emotional aspects are real ... at least if you fathom yourself one who truly is a family man. It is one part exhilarating, one part fulfilling, and one part emotionally exhausting. Even as I am typing this I worry about my daughters' future, if they will be able to follow their dreams or settle. If the world will embrace them or or reject them. If they are happy and if so will they maintain that happiness. I worry about outliving my wife. I'm a worrier about such things. At the end of the day though, my wife smiles and I know no matter what ... things will be fine. My wife is my strength ... my kids my hope. What is it like? I imagine at times this is what the guy who did the space jump felt like. :)

What was your reaction when you found out MLP would be returning with 3 episodes of Rarity?

I expected two dedicated episodes for the season. I did not expect a dream episode, a noire episode, or another Rarijack episode ... and to get them all back to back has been thrilling. Noire Rarity especially. Loved that episode. I also still can't get Rules of Rarity out of my head. 

Also, what do Mrs Jeric and Jeric Jrs. think of your love for cartoon horses?

Well ... my kids were the ones that pushed me to get into the show. They loved that I finally did and we all still watch it together, and yes a conversation about MLP is not uncommon in this household, though to be fair it doesn't really dominate conversations. My wife? Somewhere on this forum is a transcript of a text conversation we had when I told her I think I was turning Brony. Her reaction then is similar to her reaction these days. She playfully jokes with me about it, as we tend to do with one another about things. She honestly finds the show has value and has no issues with it, or with me liking it, or that I have a hobby involving Ponies. Amusingly, I really am not  stranger to my wife having a counter opinion on my entertainment tastes either. She loathes my favorite franchise (Star Wars) with a passion. Even so ... it isn't banned from the house. She also makes no attempt to disparage my enjoyment of it ... outside of the comment when she found out that the new movies were being made. :P

Who's your favorite pony besides rarity? 

Applejack. Probably the one I am closest too in many ways. 

Oh great wise Jeric, please bestow upon me the knowledge to this question: if you could make an episode of MLP, what would the plot be?

I would love to see an episode centered around Rainbow Dash facing failure and realizing what her self worth really is. I would set it up with her losing an exhibition race against Lightning Dust at the beginning. Then spending the rest of the episode focusing on training to increase her speed with some help from Scootaloo to cheer her on. Her intention is to challenge LD again one on one. The rest of the Mane Six assume that Dash is motivated solely by the fact that she lost. As it turns out ... it isn't so much the failure than matters ... but her belief that her failures or success have little impact on the ones she cares about. She makes a point that if AJ fails ... she could lose the farm and ponies go hungry. If Fluttershy fails, animals suffer. Twilight fails and all of Equestria might suffer. Even Rarity and Pinkie's successes and failures impact other people dramatically. To RD her winning competitions does nothing for anyone. Stunned that her depression isn't motivated by simply wanting to be the best, but wanting to make a difference, Twilight reminds Dash that there is one orange filly that would disagree with her and also makes a point that inspiring others can be just as or more impactful as making people happy, caring for animals, or even saving Equestria. As Twilight puts it, "If we can't be inspired by someone ... then is Equestria even worth saving?" I suppose closing on RD giving up training and chilling with Scoots or something. 

Something like this. 

Who is your favorite mascot?

Swoop of the Philadelphia Eagles. ;)

If there was a filly Rarity around, and you were offered a million dollars (and some muffins) not to cuddle, pet or play with her, would you do it?

Since I would likely donate a goodish amount of that money to charity, I think Rarity would prefer that I didn't play/cuddle her. Element of Generosity and all.  

What's it like being undoubtedly the best staff member?

I reject your reality and substitute my own. 

I admit that I bring something positive to the table ... but I really really do not like the spotlight ... and I am so not best anything. Not even best husband and father. I aspire to be good. To leave things better than I found them. No more ... no less. 

Do the other staff feel insignificant knowing they will never live up to your almighty Jericness?

If they do I would smack them one inch from a Gilbert Gottfried laugh.  I am no better than any person on staff. There are more empathetic, kind, intelligent, and funny members of staff. I am just Jeric.   

• Brohoof 7

Is this still on? Alright.

Sir Jeric the Magnanimous, may thee bestow upon this and yonder humble servants the definite answer to our inquiry?

If so, hast thee ever revealeth to thine co-workers the fact of thee being a brony?

*closes thesaurus and archaic english guides*

• Brohoof 2

Is this still on?

Apparently. :P

Sir Jeric the Magnanimous, may thee bestow upon this and yonder humble servants the definite answer to our inquiry?

tumblr_lnfh3t9y561qzjku9o1_500.gif

If so, hast thee ever revealeth to thine co-workers the fact of thee being a brony?

Well, my desk in my office did have some Funko figures on in. So ... yep. 

• Brohoof 4

1. Who is your least favorite pony if you had to choose one?

2. Who is your favorite princess?

3. Where is Waldo and why is he even hiding? 

• Brohoof 2

So... I take pride in being that guy. Have fun with this..

Favorite Background pony?

Favorite Episode?

Favorite Song? (By the way how's the smile song project coming?)

Favorite TV show outside of MLP?

Favorite Movie?

Favorite Season?

How Tall are you?

How do you like your coffee?

Are you religious?

What is your dream home?

What kind of music do you listen to?

Ever been to Vegas?

Do you know how much a wood chuck can chuck?

What are some of your talents?

Best Staff Member? (Got to be Pascal, right?)

Watch Anime?

Ever been Skydiving? Would you want to if you haven't... and it was free?

Own any pets?

Do you think I'm asking too many questions?

How long did it take you to complete the questions above?

Did you think I was done? (Cuz I'm not :lol:)

Cats or Dogs?

Favorite Resturant?

Have you ever been issued a restraining order? (>> XD)

Proudest achievement?

Best Writer for the show?

Worst Pony? (Come on... Diamond Tiara)

Do you believe in the illuminati?

Could you be the next American Idol.

If you were given the money and talent to create a TV show, what would it be about and who would you cast?

What pony that''s non main six, would you like to see a spinoff of?

How important is dedication to you? (We're about to see ;) )

Do you like Rollercoasters?

Are you extro- or intro- verted?

Favorite class in high school?

Do you listen to Taylor Swift?

Will you please listen to Taylor Swift more?

Worst physical pain you've ever felt?

Did you let the dogs out? 

Your least favorite Mane Six? 

If you were on an island by yourself... how long do you say you'd last? (No one said it was deserted... It could be Hawaii for all I care)

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Did you want to answer all these question? 

Edited by Tacoma
  • Brohoof 2

Someone is a troll. ;)

What's for dinner?

Hope you like Chinese. I'm feeling lazy tonight. 

Also, I need help with Python when you find time

Yep yep. :)

1. Who is your least favorite pony if you had to choose one?

Currently, Flim and Flam because the show devolved their characters from greedy capitalists to con artists. 

2. Who is your favorite princess?

Twilight.

3. Where is Waldo and why is he even hiding? 

Well, he is shacking up with Carmen Sandiego. You see they had an affair and he is avoiding the press at the moment, though I hear TMZ is on their tail.  

• Brohoof 4