Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Jeric Q&A

Simon

Can you keep this Q&A running for ever?

I am preparing to have Simon Extradited to the Jericlandia for crimes against humanity. 

What is your hype level for FG?

Honestly, not as high as Rainbow Rocks after hearing the soundtrack, but I am reasonably excited. 

• Brohoof 3

Favorite Background pony?

Octavia

Favorite Song? (

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kad2UnNaZIQ

(By the way how's the smile song project coming?)

I lost all the work I had done up to a certain point and had to start over. O.o It is still coming along

Favorite TV show outside of MLP?

Hard one. Breaking Bad, All in the Family, I Love Lucy, West Wing have all claimed that spot.

Favorite Movie?

Empire Strikes Back (original no SE edition)

Favorite Season?

Fall ... if you mean Pony ... tie between 2 & 4

How Tall are you?

5'8"

How do you like your coffee?

Black. I love the taste of the coffee itself. 

Are you religious?

Yes, but never at the expense of scientific reason and the natural world. I actually prefer to think of me as being spiritual. 

What is your dream home?

Ranch in Montana.  So .,.. much ... yes! 

What kind of music do you listen to?

Just about everything. Right now I have Sublime playing. 

I'll finish this later. I have to help my kid with programming stuff and food. 

• Brohoof 4

Why is Rarity your favorite?

Favorite Rarity episode?

Favorite Mane 6 pony after Rarity?

Favorite background pony?

How did you come to watch MLP?

Favorite Season?
Favorite 2-parter?

Edited by RivkaBobble
  • Brohoof 2

Ever been to Vegas?

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. 

Do you know how much a wood chuck can chuck?

Yes

What are some of your talents?

Ahh. Here you get a long winded response. I am actually average at a lot of things. I have a rather astute ability to intuit patterns and have a generally well developed ability to recall information  most academic disciplines are somewhat natural for me.  I can actually draw, play a few instruments, and despite my casual disregard for grammar on MLPF ... I am a halfway competent writer. I can paint, bake, cook. Actually ... other than singing and dancing ... almost everything I have tried to learn has eventually taken. The tradeoff is that I am not an expert in any of these things. The saying, "Jack of all trades ... " is a very apt description.

Best Staff Member? (Got to be Pascal, right?)

Mailmare ;)

Watch Anime?

Some. I am an old school fan ... SDF Macross/Robotech is my favorite. I have watched Black Butler, Death Note, Attack on Titan, and Hetalia at the suggestion of my kids. I am a MASSIVE Studio Ghibli fan. 

Ever been Skydiving?

Yes. It was exhilarating and petrifying. I would never do it again though.  The price and the company are found here

Own any pets?

Sure do. Well, they own me depending on how you look at it. :dash: 

Do you think I'm asking too many questions?

say-what-again1.jpg

How long did it take you to complete the questions above?

So far over an hour cause I had family things to do. And Chinese Food. Mmmm.

Did you think I was done? (Cuz I'm not )

d6fcdc3b058c5c69217788fcf6506c71.509x422

Cats or Dogs?

Cats.

Favorite Resturant?

This depends entirely on what I am feeling like. Zuma in Miami is the best Japanese place I have eaten at ... but if I don't feel like it ... eh.  Ceviche 105 is also a great spot in Miami that makes Peruvian dishes. Birchrunville Store Cafe near Philly is French that I would travel from Florida just to have ...  #foodie. 

Have you ever been issued a restraining order? (>> XD)

Nope.

Proudest achievement?

Being a parent.

Best Writer for the show?

Charlotte Fullerton

Worst Pony? (Come on... Diamond Tiara)

Flim and Flam

Do you believe in the illuminati?

No, but they believe in me. D:

Could you be the next American Idol.

725.gif

NO

If you were given the money and talent to create a TV show, what would it be about and who would you cast?

Titled Americana, it would be a Ludlowesque historical fiction that follows one family and their decedents from the 18th century to modern times. Brad Whitford and Harrison Ford would be in it.

More later,  

• Brohoof 3

Do you read the comics? If so: cannon or not cannon?

Which do you prefer: Friendship is Witchcraft or Mentally Advanced Series?

Also, is it ok for me to write a you x love tap fan fic to beat the one LW made if I get bored this week?

• Brohoof 2

@Jeric Was that the REAL Starry?

?

I assume you mean my daughter. Yep. She was in her room at the time but pinged me asking if she could ask me a question. I actually think it was Iggy's idea though. :P

What pony that''s non main six, would you like to see a spinoff of?

Daring Do would make for a great central figure to a spin-off series.

How important is dedication to you? (We're about to see )

Depends. If ability is not an issue, it can be. Personal dedication is important. I respect and admire it in others ... but like many virtues I prize I am careful not to hold others to unreasonable expectations.

Do you like Rollercoasters?

VERY VERY MUCH. I seriously remember when I first rode the Hulk ride back in 2000 during the public premiere of Islands of Adventure. Still my favorite moment since we had no idea it would hit that speed out of the gate. 

Are you extro- or intro- verted?

I'm an extrovert. No doubt about that. :)

Favorite class in high school?

Class ... thank you. If you said favorite subject the answer would be different. Probably AP Brit Lit. The teacher (Mr. Kupperman) actually read Beowulf in original,  came to spirit day wearing a NY Baseball Giants Jersey, and invited a fencing instructor to re-enact the famous climax to Hamlet. This guy was amazing. 

Do you listen to Taylor Swift?

Only when it would come on the radio. Nothing against her music, she can sing. It just isn't something that pulls me in.

Will you please listen to Taylor Swift more?

Only if you listen to Elle Fitzgerald or Louis Armstrong more! 

Worst physical pain you've ever felt?

Kidney Stones. And no the pain is not where you think it is. Your kidney's back up and due to them filling up like a water balloon, it feels like you are dying.

Did you let the dogs out? 

I thought I was old! Yes, and I also get knocked down but I get up again while dancing the Macarena

Your least favorite Mane Six? 

iplead.png

If you really have to know ... 

Fluttershy

If you were on an island by yourself... how long do you say you'd last? (No one said it was deserted... It could be Hawaii for all I care)

However long my wife is there. Be it 0 days to the end.

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Did you want to answer all these question? 

Sure. To be honest some of these questions were actually better suited to formulate and idea of who I am ... which is the point of these Q&A's. 

I'm probably late or this has already been answered but: which dress did you think Rarity wore the best?

The classics never die

traje_de_rarity_la_gran_gala_del_galope_ 

Favorite Rarity episode?

Still Suited for Success. The clever commentary on this was was ingenuously woven into the story, and we actually see the most diverse facets of Rarity's personality.

Favorite Mane 6 pony after Rarity?

Applejack.

Favorite background pony?

original.gif

Favorite Season?

Tie with 2 and 4

Favorite 2-parter?

Return of Harmony. Almost knocked down by the Cutie Map ... almost.  

If you could be a Lagrange Point, which one would it be?

Likely L1.

And for which celestial body?

PSR B1509-58 ... either that or Jupiter

Also, why?

Pulsars amaze me. Always have.

How did you come to watch MLP?

Why is Rarity your favorite?

These two questions are connected. I saved these as my final MLP related answer. Several of you have asked why Rarity? In all my discussions about her I have pointed to specific aspects of the character, the writing, and the voice acting that I appreciate. I have only hinted at the reason why I really really am pulled into this character. Back in Season One I tried watching the show after seeing some online friends, as well as my soon to be brother-in-law, talk up the show. I had no reservations about the IP being too 'girlie', but it didn't really knock me off my feet. I remember watching some of the early episodes with my kids who were a bit younger at the time. They fell in love with it. Me? I watched Sonic Rainboom. I was so turned off at the depiction of Rarity in that episode I couldn't shake the feeling that one of my favorite animation creators sold out. Lipstick Pone was pretty typical of what you would expect from that character archetype, and any momentum that the show had gained with me was shot to hell. I dismissed Rarity and the show. 

A few years later my kids wanted to watch Equestria Girls and were heading off to their room, presumably to save their dear old dad the headache of seeing the show. You see, they became pretty solid fans by this time. I was somewhat familiar with aspects of the series through them. I digress. Not wanting them to feel like they had to run away to see a cartoon I suggested that they turn it on in the main TV room. They did. I was on my laptop and somehow ... I don't really know why ... I started watching the show. 

After it ended, I proceeded to tear the film a new one ... to put it bluntly. That seemed to embolden my kids who talked me into re-watching the show.  They gave me a list of what they agreed were the best episodes. I casually agreed to find some time and marathon it. 

Now, as I was watching the show this time, I found myself appreciating it far more. By the time I finished season two ... I found that my opinion of Rarity evolved tremendously. I found her a more diverse and deep character. Simply put, her VA was damn fine at the delivery and the timing. Most of her scenes and episodes added a unique level of humor to the show. As I mentioned earlier, by the time that I made it to Rarity Takes Manehattan ... she had me. I was already posting here at that time, and there is a post buried here with me musing that I am starting to love this character for her flaws ... not in spite of them. I suggested that she might actually wind up my fav. 

:wau:

So, was it the VA, the well executed stories, the dynamic relationship with AJ that feels more like a real friendship, the music (oh thank Celestia for Kazumi), or the fact that she is extremely passionate? All of those are factors. In truth, the number one reason I found a personal connection to the character is this ... 

I was wrong. 

How often in our lives do we miss opportunities and turn our back to new ideas or even people because we misunderstood something or someone? Rarity reminds me that I am just as susceptible to this trap as anyone else. I almost missed out on this show, this fandom, this community ... and friendships I made ... because I allowed my assumptions to dictate my actions. I didn't look more closely. Rarity is my favorite character do to her depth and presentation ... but she stands as a reminder to do what my borrower motto says ... 

"Imagine People Complexly"

Also, I have been told her element and I are compatible. Not really a factor ... but there it is. 

Sorry to add to your pain, but whats the best thing about being a father?

The most personal and question here. 

Some would say the first word, first step, or first A on a report card. No. I want my kids to succeed in life, and like every parent I follow things like grades and how they socially interact. The truth is, I have only one measurement of pride ... are they good people. If at the end of the day, neither of them are in six figure jobs, and doing what society expects ... but they are decent human beings with strong hearts ... that they care ... that they have passion ... that love eclipses hate ... that they are happy. 

My proudest moments are any moment where I am reminded that my daughters are well on their way to be compassionate and caring young adults. Whether it is a suggestion to head to the soup kitchen to volunteer, or going out of their way to befriend a school mate who has a less than stable home. 

Fuck the A's they get. That is how I measure success in parenting. That is the source of my pride, that spirit. 

• Brohoof 7

Fuck the A's they get. That is how I measure success in parenting. That is the source of my pride, that spirit. 

Fuck the thread lock (mod power abuse!), that was quite an answer Jeric. I've always wondered what your answer would be but I never really got down to asking you the question in the first place. As someone who wants to be a father some day I find your answer somewhat inspiring and something that I feel I would wholeheartedly agree with if I had children. You're a great man and father, boss.

• Brohoof 5