Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Candy Shop Of Horrors. <3

MachineGunLola

Erm, so does your character already know Amp, or would they have to indroduce themselves once they figured out they're roommates?

Erm, so does your character already know Amp, or would they have to indroduce themselves once they figured out they're roommates?

I think everypony just meets when they dorm together.

So it's Eris and Shorn,

Roxy and Electra,

Amp and Clockwork.

Unless somepony wants to make another girl character that only has one right now I can make Lovely dorm with 'Emerald'.

~

True, plus Clockwork could get a job as a clock repairer.

I'm made Clockwork a senior student and he has to mentor Lovely for the week fyi ;D

xD I know. I was kidding.

Eris is mentoring you for the first week at the academy fyi ;D

~

Not ta be rude or anything, Strong Hooves, but...considering you had time to untie knots AND tie two ponies up, I'd say you stopped time for a few minutes. Don't you think that's a little...overpowered?

Not ta be rude or anything, Strong Hooves, but...considering you had time to untie knots AND tie two ponies up, I'd say you stopped time for a few minutes. Don't you think that's a little...overpowered?

Did you not consider he used telekinesis to get it done faster? And plus if you looked at the bio, you would see he had practiced it all his life and is pretty much second nature to him. But if you want I will give it a time limit of five minutes

Did you not consider he used telekinesis to get it done faster? And plus if you looked at the bio, you would see he had practiced it all his life and is pretty much second nature to him. But if you want I will give it a time limit of five minutes

Tis not the problem. The problem is how it could be used. You basically have a five-minute window to do whatever you want, and no one can stop you.

You could kill a room full of ponies for example, or sneak into top-security buildings, and absolutely no one would know. Not even Celestia can do that.

I think everypony just meets when they dorm together.

So it's Eris and Shorn,

Roxy and Electra,

Amp and Clockwork.

Unless somepony wants to make another girl character that only has one right now I can make Lovely dorm with 'Emerald'.

~

I'm made Clockwork a senior student and he has to mentor Lovely for the week fyi ;D

Eris is mentoring you for the first week at the academy fyi ;D

~

Lol nice Shank, hope this doesn't end badly
  • Brohoof 1

Oh holy hay, 20 posts while I was asleep. X_X

Bro, I'm always like a hundred posts late when I wake up, 20 posts ain't anything and I'm friggin OP. If any pony dies, I can just resurrect them, but to only the last few moments when they were healthy so, if it is a self inflicted disease, I'm sorry.

Tis not the problem. The problem is how it could be used. You basically have a five-minute window to do whatever you want, and no one can stop you.

You could kill a room full of ponies for example, or sneak into top-security buildings, and absolutely no one would know. Not even Celestia can do that.

You really think clockwork would do Something like that? He can still have this and I can keep it fair you know. He really only uses it as a last resort thing.

You really think clockwork would do Something like that? He can still have this and I can keep it fair you know. He really only uses it as a last resort thing.

I think the real problem is the fact you are OP. We aren't saying that you will abuse it but it would seem illogical and upset the whole RP if you somehow can save a pony's life with your power but because you don't wanna abuse it you choose not to. You seem to have full control of your ability whereas my special talent is very dependent on my emotions. Not hatin' just clarifying Aurety's point.

But this spell seriously limits him. The reason Clock was fine after the first time was because he took a short amount of time to use it. The longer he uses the spell the more it tires him. It's not like he uses it whenever he wants because he has to spare the times he can use it. Plus that is the only spell he can use well, his other spells either aren't very good or he messes up when he tries them.

Yes, but the concept of slowing down time to a grinding halt, where you can do anything you want is at least slightly OP. Think about. You could change the world if you could stop time for 30 seconds. You could finally be on time for work :D. While I'm not going to tell you to remove the clock thing, I'd recommend some serious disabilities on your pony. Something that makes your time spell weaker. Something like:

1) Can only use if your horn warrants it. Of course you have control of your horn, but still I'd recommend it cause it allows your character to be less OP.

2) Only use it on bad guys or when the situation really needs it.

3) Since you have a girlfriend(Lovely) your horn isn't working as well as your emotions are conflicted.

Just a few suggestions. 1 is also kinda canon as Rarity's horn can make choices for itself.

Well like I said, it is only a last resort spell, so check that off.

Hmm... Perhaps the spell could work like an old car engine, you never know when it will work :3

Also, Lovely is not his girlfriend, at least not yet but that depends on how Shank makes Lovely act. But as more feelings develope for him, it could definitely hinder his magic.

I was just thinking about an episode in a show called Heroes, where a time bender name Hiro Nakamura tries to stop time but only succeeds in slowing it down and he was all like "Good enough". I was thinking of doing that for Clockwork :3

100% agree with everything Scopes said. Sorry Strong Hooves, this ain't an attack on your RPing style or anything, but the only real pet peeve I have against anything at all is Mary Sues.

...and having the powers of the god of chaos isn't Mary Sueish?

Plus if Discord could stop time, you think he would have avoided the Mane 6's rainbow attack. :S

Edited by Aureity

I think Discord wanted to lose but that's a different story. Also I can resurrect the dead and even Celestia can't do that so I'm pretty OP. I think that clockwork can keep his time stop power.

Does nopony read my post.

Hermes laughed. Shorn laughed as well, in retrospect, it was pretty funny. Him having a career in a selfless profession but his most impressive skill was based on a selfish act."

Basically if I feel like that somepony dying is going to change my life I can resurrect them. Though my horn does that and I really have no power over my reviving any pony.

...compared to stopping time randomly, for god knows how long?

Like I said, even a minute of halting time...you could do so much in that minute.

And apparently he doesn't even have to concentrate to hold the spell in place. Remember the thieves? He just stopped time, went, untied Roxy, then tied them up and re-continued time. (oh, and he even said he was using magic to untie the knots, so he's not even limited in terms of keeping his magic focused on stopping time, either ._. How is this not OP?)

Gahh, I'm getting so worked up over an RP. *sigh* I should really just take a break and go work on my fanfic.