Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I would be so hype for Twilight throwing down with Starwswirl the Bearded

ManaMinori

Oh man. Ohhhh, man! *squee!* ok, while I was rewatching Rainbow Rocks, it's always bugged me that the Sirens weren't really focused on getting out of the human world, if they hated it so much there. But the season 4 FiM finale, with Tirek teaming up with Discord, the future season 5 finale, with Starlight Glimmer going back into ghe past, to prevent the mane 6 from ever getting their cutie marks, through the Sonic Rainboom, and RR's ending, with the sirens just running off without really being reformed, gave me an idea.

What if, since Starlight really isn't evil to be rainbow blasted by friendship and turned good, what if she made a reapearance in FiM season 6, but with a new plan, after having been whooped however by Twi and friends. What if Starlight wanted revenge badly enough to hit Twi where it hurt? Say, like, infiltrating canterlot Castle, maybe robbing Sunbutt and Luna of their cutie marks by a sneak attack, teleporting into the past, when the guards come after her, maybe finding Starswirl, and learning of his casting the sirens into another world. Then convincing past Starwswirl to travel to the future (present) with a lie that The royal sisters in her time had their cutie marks stolen, and his magic could help. She brings him to the present, claims the culprit went into the mirror to the human world, the Sirens waiting on the other side, wantin revenge for Starswirl's banishment in the past, posess him, Starlight works with them to get posessed Starswirl to go horn to horn on Twilight.

Or something to that effect. Thoughts?

Star Swirl the Bearded is pretty much the writers way of not wanting to explain backstory. "How did the sirens get to the human world? I don't know, just throw SSTB in so we don't have to make any backstory. But to answer your question, a dual between Twilight and Star Swirl would be epic.

Edited by GuyNamedEarl

Eh, I don't dig that idea to be honest. :twi: Starlight infiltrating the Canterlot Castle seems improbable, stealing the Alicorn Princesses' cutiemarks even moreso...

Also, I don't think Sirens have the ability to possess anyone. :wacko: Mind controlling, yup, but possession, I doubt it. Even if they could, now that they don't have their amulets they wouldn't be able to do so anyway. I'd rather see a new premiere/finale villain in S6, to be honest. Maybe another returning one from past generations, like Grogar.

A duel between the element of magic and the pony version of Gandalf would be quite a spectacle though.

Eh, I don't dig that idea to be honest. :twi: Starlight infiltrating the Canterlot Castle seems improbable, stealing the Alicorn Princesses' cutiemarks even moreso...

Also, I don't think Sirens have the ability to possess anyone. :wacko: Mind controlling, yup, but possession, I doubt it. Even if they could, now that they don't have their amulets they wouldn't be able to do so anyway. I'd rather see a new premiere/finale villain in S6, to be honest. Maybe another returning one from past generations, like Grogar.

A duel between the element of magic and the pony version of Gandalf would be quite a spectacle though.

You're saying that a pony who was able to alter the thinking of an entire towm, strip them of their cutie marks, as well as forcibly brainwashing its residents, if they didn't comply, successfully manages to avoid her and the town being discovered for however long, but wouldn't be able to bypass security in Canterlot Castle? Have you not seen how useless the guards are?

If Starlight can take Twilight's mark, then certainly she could take Sunbutt and Luna's. A title ain't gonna stop that.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Star Swirl the Bearded is pretty much the writers way of not wanting to explain backstory. "How did the sirens get to the human world? I don't know, just throw SSTB in so we don't have to make any backstory. But to answer your question, a dual between Twilight and Star Swirl would be epic.

I know that, and that's lazy writing as far as I'm concerned. Still, no reason to get a really good writer on the team to fill in the gaps and plotholes and tie everything together, with old Swirlbutt