Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Laws of attraction ~ A brony theory

Tenshinohana

Hello, fellow bronies!

Okay, one day I talked with a fellow brony friend of mine. He told me that his favorite pony was Fluttershy, and I suddenly remembered his crush - she's a cute and quiet girl, who's kind to everypony. So that got me thinking...

Maybe one's favorite pony reflects the desire what someone wants in his/her companion. There are certain characteristics in ponies - stereotypical things. I've done a list of the mane six, for example...

Twilight Sparkle - intellectual, likes reading, curious, organized, hard-working

Rainbow Dash - adventurous, sporty, likes attention, likes racing, loyal, spontaneous, lazy, has attitude

Rarity - likes attention, lady-like, into fashion and beauty, generous, has class

Applejack - honest, sporty, family's important, hard-working, likes to bake and help

Pinkie Pie - Fun, humorous, musical, never boring, loves to laugh, parties

Fluttershy - cute, quiet, loves animals, gentle, caring, kind

I think you get the picture. It's also a "mix-and-match" type of thing - you might like, for example, that Pinkie's constant randomness is annoying but you love her attitude and her willingness to get everypony smile.

So, what do you ponies think of my theory~?

• Brohoof 17

Rarity - likes attention, lady-like, into fashion and beauty, generous, has class

Are you saying my fiancée is gay :(

~

Posted Image

and suddenly.. everything makes sense

• Brohoof 5

It's a great theory! my fav ponie is pinkie and she's been ever since the first time i saw her, i rofl'ed so hard you could not believe it man! and by reading this, i mean it makes alot of sense, cuz pinkie is random and i love randomness and would not mind at all if a girl went a little woo woo woo woo sometimes out of nowhere, just because it could be simply pineapple! she's fun, and actually has all the components which i would definately get attracted by in a girl. neat post! :3

It would make plenty of sense, and I also think this theory have been brought up in the whole "are ponies sexy?" discussion. The differentr personalities of the poneis is indeed a very big part of the actual attraction towards the pony, or another individual that resembles them. Personally, my favorite is Twilight. Her personality is appealing to me because she's steadfast and want to do her best no matter what. I think it's cute when she gets a little upset because it's a proof of how much her work means to her, which means she would also be a great partner in romance.

You can clearly see that she's a good friend by the way she's concerned about all her friends and treasure their company very much. Her lust for knowledge is another apealing thing to me, because she's studying an abstract topic, called magic it appels to both my logical nature and artistic soul, hence why I am even more appealed by her nature because she's the pretty much the personafication of magic, as her cutie mark and special talent would prove as well. Her personality so as well, it's a little nerdy, which I found extremely cute, the way she ticks off on small things such as schedule and missed reports, I find that somewhat interesting to see because it tells alot about her nature.

Oh, and sorry for rambling.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite is Twilight Sparkle, and I do have a crush on her personality. I also like AJ's personality. A mix between their personalitys would have been my dream girl :)

I like Applejack's personality, yes.

It'd be great if I meet a girl whom Applejack is like!

Though, I'd want my mistress to be intellectual as well. And preferably without the southern accent...

I find this hypothesis to be worthy of thought!

That's obvious. That's just the reason Twilight is my favourite, followed by Pinkie. My ideal girl would be a combination of both

Edited by Eenohay

The theory definitely works for me too and seems to make sense. I'd love to find a girl with characteristics like Fluttershy, I'm quite a bit like her myself too actually. If only lol.

I haven't thought about it too much but my idea was that I could relate to Twilight the most. Also purple was my favourite colour when I was younger...

This does semm like the most resonable explanation though. I'm not drawn at all to any of the other pony's but I am a bit shy though like Fulttershy, and friendly.

Edited by Dave247

This is actually i really good theory, and it applies to me.

My favorite pony is Twilight, and yes, i would be more attracted to a girl with a personality like hers; Intellectual, likes the more geeky stuff, a little insane..., very organized, i'd say i would like her to be OCD with time (like i am), but that would backfire...

Makes total sense.

My wife is a lot like Rainbow Dash now that I think about it.

She's adventurous, spontanious, has crazy colored hair, loyal, can have an attitude at times (especially when aggravated lol) and she is a little tom boy-ish.

Only real difference between RD and my wife is she isn't very competitive, and she doesn't feel the need to race everything that has a pulse lol

Hmmm.... Here's my list of traits I would like in a partner.

Twilight: intellect and curiosity.

Rainbow: athleticism and loyalty.

Rarity: class.

Applejack: honesty.

Pinkie Pie: humor.

Last but has the most traits I look for.

Fluttershy: cuteness, quietness, gentleness, and kindness.

Edited by bloodyfox

I agree for the most part with your theory, Rarity is my favorite pony and I do like many of her traits. It makes sense that we would like characters in the show who are like people we enjoy being around in our own lives.