Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Deer in FiM

Mrfluttr

@@Mrfluttr

Just letting you know I edited the title of your thread to better represent your discussion. :)

As for the deer, I would love to see them implemented in the show; or at least more comics in the future. I've become quite the fan of them personally, but they aren't the most popular things in the comics. Especially with how they were represented. ^^;

• Brohoof 2

I think there was a deer in Filly Vanilly  :huh:

There was, though that deer wasn't sapient and was more animalistic.

Still, hoping for sapient deer, though I'm not holding my breath. XD

• Brohoof 3

I think deers should be in MLP except they would be like the Zebra race with their own home in a corner of equestria.

I think a deer kingdom would be a pretty cute idea :D

deer_mlp_adoption_by_kitkatsart-d79fmlw.

These are just too cute OwO

the_six_deer_by_dennybutt-d6leqxc.png

They are so very cute!!!! You are so right!!!

• Brohoof 1

Well when you think about it for a moment, this could blow open the doors for a lot of cool new material. I just certainly hope that if they do something with a possible deer kingdom, they make the deer something like a regal and noble tribe. Deer are just stinking majestic, much like horses :squee: I just hope they don't mess it up like they did with the yaks. 

That episode...didn't have a bad message, but it did an excellent job of painting the yaks out to be complete jerks. 

• Brohoof 1

I think that they should implement the deer

sorry for the crude statement I was in a rush.

I find the deer civilization interesting and would add more variety.

To the show of course. I would love to see the big forest city in the show. 

Adding in deer with their own society like we have in the comics to add much more depth and plot to show?   Is it really that hard to think on... :blink:

• Brohoof 1

@@Mrfluttr

Just letting you know I edited the title of your thread to better represent your discussion. :)

As for the deer, I would love to see them implemented in the show; or at least more comics in the future. I've become quite the fan of them personally, but they aren't the most popular things in the comics. Especially with how they were represented. ^^;

thank you im glad I did not like what I put and I was going to change it thanks for saving me the trouble

I personally love the deer. and the idea of them 

• 2 weeks later...

I think that they should implement the deer

As this discussion relates to more than just the comics and books I have decided to move it to the more general Sugarcube Corner board where it will also likely get more attention
  • Brohoof 1

As this discussion relates to more than just the comics and books I have decided to move it to the more general Sugarcube Corner board where it will also likely get more attention

I've always thought that deer would be a cool race to have in MLP but was unaware that they'd appeared in the comics.  Can someone point out which issues they were in?

EDIT:  Should have looked on the Wiki before asking.  Hellz yeah, these guys need to be in the show without a doubt.

Edited by J. Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Deer, Elk, Moose, Reindeer, Magic flying Reindeer, Griffons, Zebra, Giraffes, Gazelles, Goats and Donkeys is just a short list of all of the equines which I think consitute species in the world where My Little Pony takes place. Equestria is not the world, but a large and well-developed country.

• Brohoof 1

Adding more sentient species would be cool---and even if there aren't sapient deer per se, they could have other species within the deer family be sentient, like elk, caribou, etc.

This discussion reminds me of a rule from the grand list of things Hasbro won't let a brony do while adapting an MLP game:

136) Any additional fantastic hooved creatures I want to add to Equestria must pass inspection.  Centicores (creatures who are more or less to goats what unicorns are to horses) are okay.  By contrast, Heithrun, the goal of Valhalla from Norse myth whose mammary glands produce mead instead of milk, is not okay.