Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Shift Re-Draws Lucina

Shift

So I drew a Lucina in Febuary. I worked long and hard on it, and when I was finished, I was pretty proud. Fast foward to 2015: it's shit. So I decided to redraw her, except this time instead of slaving hours it took me ten minutes (So you know why it's sketchy and has shit leg anatomy) and i'm not going to color. Also it's in a more cartoony style but whatever.

COMPARISON!

February (SO MUCH IS WRONG):

img-3512935-1-Lucina_zpsd3df00d4.png

Today, September:

Lucy_zpsrh5qgfqp.png

PS: Don't expect me to color it.

• Brohoof 9

timetotipthescales/10

wait, wrong meme

Anyways, onto the thing. I really like the design of Lucina for starters, and your unique take (a more thin body as a whole) really has a curious charm. The second drawing offers the Falchion, which is already a main difference, along with a bigger volume with the hair, which I am going to put in the pose.

At first view, not much seems to change, but a curious fact is that the sketch offers the same level of detail that your "full drawing" (can I call it that?), which shows improvement. I see that you don't play to color it anytime soon, but I can probably imagine the full result would be a big step up from the first drawing. All I can say is "impressive job", and I really hope that someday motivation strikes you to offer a full version c:

@@Lightwing,

It's time to change fate!

Thanks for your view on my drawing, it really helped. I might color it one day, as I did spend a few minutes coloring the eyes so it could have some life in it, but for now it's a black and white version. Seriously, thanks for your comment, it's really helpful, and I like the bottom one and think I improved quite a bit. Turns out all of those hours of doodling in boredom pay off. I'm not happy with the head size/positioning so if I ever fully complete it that'll need some fixing up...

Again, thanks Lightwing, you're awesome, as always.