Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

More than miffed that after all this time, no one blames Starswirl

ManaMinori

I'm ticked that pony Twi, and everyone at CHS puts blame on Sunset, even Sunny blames herself, for bringing magic over to the human world when she stole Twilight's crown. But magic has been in the human world LONG before Sunset

Everyone mentions Starswirl, yet no one puts two and two together that HE was the main reason the portal even exists, and that HE banished the sirens to the human world, and that THEY still had some degree of magic in the human world.

Because Starswirl.

He's used as a dues ex machina so much, he needs to take blame for what he's done. It's hardly poor Sunset Shimmer's fault that magic is in the human world.

• Brohoof 2

kindaaa agree with you there~ xDD ^3^ But he's not there anymore and he tried to keep peace, I don't think it's a good idea to blame that adorable creature~ :C :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :pinkie:  :pinkie:

yeah, well, he did a piss poor job at it, if you ask me. Sure, he might've brought peace to Equestria, but you don't just rip open a portal to another world that you know nothing about, and toss a dangerous, magical creature, or three, in there

you just DON'T

and you don't keep said portal active, lest said magical creatures, which never should've been thrown in there to begin with, fnd their way back. Or lest someone from Equestria's side, use the portal, which never should've remained active.

For such a smart and talented pony, it's sheer IDIOCY that he didn't cover his bases. Everything that happenned in Equestria Girls 1, 2, and 3, is HIS fault, because of that portal.

• Brohoof 1

But the Equestria Girls Realm didn't even have Equestria Magic until the climax of the first movie as pointed by the Dazzlings at the beggining of the second film. The only magic the Dazzlings had were their amulets and before discovering that Equestrian Magic is now in Equestria Girls, they were hardly a threat! Adiago's first line was, "The energy is this world isn't the same as in Equestria; we can only gain so much power here." 

Besides, Twilight's book in Rainbow Rocks about the Sirens says, "Legend has it, [starSwirl the Bearded] found a way to banish [the Sirens/Dazzlings] to another world; one where he believes their magic would be lost." Their power wasn't completely lost, but the Sirens weren't even a threat until Sunset stole Twilight's crown and kicked off the EG Trilogy!

• Brohoof 1

They have to blame someone, and someone dead and in a different world won't work.

fine. Then the blame should be on Sunbutt

Why?

In IDW's "Reflections" arc, she's shown to be helping Starswirl with his construction of otherworldly portals, so she's an accomplice, and should be held accountable for 1: helping construct said portal

2: knowing that dangers with both worlds merging existed, hd the portal not been destroyed, after SHE had been the cause of it once before

3: not destroying the portal

4: allowing her student to discover the existence of said portal, by having the book detailing the info in an easily accessible library, and not DESTROYING the book, either

5: crowning Twi a princess, in spite of Twilight never being deserving of it, and putting the element of magic on a crown, for it to be stolen by anybody (you don't see the others wearing their elements as permanent wardrobe. DID WE FORGET HOW DISCORD TRIED TO STEAL THEM?! Because no one else would attempt to, right?) What happened to that spell Sunbutt "supposedly" put on the elements, to keep them from being stolen, again?

So there you have it. If Starswirl is dead (I really doubt that he is. Just off timey-wiming somewhere, I bet). Then there's every reason for blame to fall on Sunbutt and her negligence.

Its likely the sirens were never sent to the human world through the same portal that twilight/sunset shimmer used. Otherwise, they would have known its location and realized it was active again when they heard about sunset shimmer's exploits and twilights arrival/departure.

Also Friendship Games spoilers

They were probably sent through to equestria using dimension crossing magic similar to what human twilight uses at the end of Friendship Games

Its likely the sirens were never sent to the human world through the same portal that twilight/sunset shimmer used. Otherwise, they would have known its location and realized it was active again when they heard about sunset shimmer's exploits and twilights arrival/departure.

Also Friendship Games spoilers

They were probably sent through to equestria usiyng dimension crossing magic similar to what human twilight uses at the end of Friendship Games

Starswirl only made one portal, though, accordng to his backstory. It just worked like a tv, where he could channel surf, so to speak, to various worlds through one central portal. So there wouldn't be a whole other portal for each individual world just laying around.

I don't really blame Starswirl, but he's dead so that's why I don't blame him lol.

we don't know for a certainty that he's dead though

Age spells exist. Flowers that grant eternal life exist. Time manipulation exists.

Starswirl only made one portal, though, accordng to his backstory. It just worked like a tv, where he could channel surf, so to speak, to various worlds through one central portal. So there wouldn't be a whole other portal for each individual world just laying around.

Actually I think Reflections said there were 2 mirrors (the human world one was a prototype for the multidimension one... Or is that the other way around? I don't remember).

• Brohoof 1

There is no point in blaming him at this point even if he did play a hand in setting some things unintentionally.

Banishing the Sirens to another world in another time removed the threat from Equestria.

The magical portal is to valuable of a construct to destroy for no good reason.

Also per usual you have made an attempt to knockdown Princess Twilight again in your attempts to drag Celestia down. Pretty sad, and it has been two years now, so maybe you should consider getting over it. Twilight earned the title on her merits and was coronated appropriately.

If anyone is to blame it should be Twilight for not keeping a closer eye on the crown and securing it.

Edited by UnknownFry

If anyone is to blame it should be Twilight for not keeping a closer eye on the crown and securing it.

Then again one could blame the guards of the Crystal Empire Castle not catching Sunset and for not having a tight enough security within the castle.

My question is, why are we trying to play the blame game? This is just a TV show, what are we trying to accomplish here by playing it? It's only going to amount to nothing!

• Brohoof 2

Then again one could blame the guards of the Crystal Empire Castle not catching Sunset and for not having a tight enough security within the castle.

My question is, why are we trying to play the blame game? This is just a TV show, what are we trying to accomplish here by playing it? It's only going to amount to nothing!

Amen to that. 

Playing the blame game does not lead to anywhere productive.

• Brohoof 1

I actually kind of agree. I read the Sirens comic, (Which may be canon with ponies..may not be..I don't know..) But, Starswirl couldn't beat the Sirens, so he banished them to the real world to rid the problem they were causing in Canterlot. He does deserve some of the blame. Maybe...in a way..Celestia knows this, and trust Sunset will clean up his past mess. Ponies respect Starswirl so much, they forget that he was flawed just like they are. In a way, I see Celestia banishing Sunset to the real world a sign that she is flawed and weak, just like Starswirl.

Wait, did anyone even tell Princess Celestia about the "Sirens gaining their abilities, and trying to take over the real world" thing? 

• Brohoof 2

I actually kind of agree. I read the Sirens comic, (Which may be canon with ponies..may not be..I don't know..) But, Starswirl couldn't beat the Sirens, so he banished them to the real world to rid the problem they were causing in Canterlot. He does deserve some of the blame. Maybe...in a way..Celestia knows this, and trust Sunset will clean up his past mess. Ponies respect Starswirl so much, they forget that he was flawed just like they are. In a way, I see Celestia banishing Sunset to the real world a sign that she is flawed and weak, just like Starswirl.

Wait, did anyone even tell Princess Celestia about the "Sirens gaining their abilities, and trying to take over the real world" thing? 

Actually Celestia didn't banish Sunset, Sunset got expelled after a shouting match with Celestia and ran away into the mirror on her accord.

Regarding the Siren Incident, I don't think anyone did.

Actually Celestia didn't banish Sunset, Sunset got expelled after a shouting match with Celestia and ran away into the mirror on her accord.

Regarding the Siren Incident, I don't think anyone did.

Oh! xD Oops, sorry about that.

You'd think three sirens strong enough to almost take down StarSwirl would be on the same threat level as, say, Tirek or something. :P

I doubt sunbutt was even told about the Sirens.

Guess who (illegally) read (and kept) her mail, that Sunset wrote to Sunbutt, through the journal?