open Deus Ex: Pony Revolution

Lily_Mae

Link to OOC thread: http://mlpforums.com...revolution-ooc/

Chapter 1: The Detrot City Hostage Crisis

Highland Metro Hotel

28 July 2214 T.E. (Third Era)

Time: 2015 hours

Incoming Transmission

It has to happen on Hearth's Warming Day. Many in the police force were looking forward to this day because it was one of the few days in the year that they were allowed paid leave. Unfortunately, this year's holiday has to be forfeited due to a hostage crisis in the Highland Metro Hotel where the members of the International Biotech Board (IBB) are having a meeting. It is a dangerous hostage situation as the hostage takers are heavily armed. They even have snipers on the hotel rooftops and sentry guns placed at possible entry points for the police force. If anything, they are well-equipped but not necessarily well-trained.

Crime scene investigations and paperwork can come later but now, the police force must do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of the hostages. In Detrot City, the government doesn't pay you your wages; the CEO of Sparkle Industries does and she has a top scientist there. You can be sure that you would have your wages cut if she's killed in action and the police chief would have your flanks on his wall if you fail to rescue any of them. Intel on the hostage situation is limited and while negotiators are attempting negotiations with the terrorist leader, who identified himself as Cloud Rider, you are to go in, gather intel and rescue the hostages. It is best to not set off an alarm.

Ember, Ampyrion and Strong Hooves, you three are part of the Metro Police's SWAT team. The three of you will form Team Gamma and Cirrus will be your intelligence officer for this rescue mission. Utilize stealth as much as you can and try not to lose the element of surprise. There are rumours of bombs being planted throughout the building though we can't be sure about it. You are to disarm them if you encounter any.

Any further questions will be handled by Cirrus. Sergeant Goodwing out.

Transmission Ended

Negotiations are going on right now. Tensions are high but Team Gamma is ready to get the job done. Ember, Ampyrion and Strong Hooves are standing in front of the hotel's back entrance which leads to the kitchen. Team Alpha is in charge of negotiations while Team Beta is attempting an insertion into the hotel via the sewers.

"You three ready for this?" Cirrus's voice broke through the squad headphones. "We've got at least ten high profile hostages in there including Miss Cinnamon Twist, Sparkle Industries's top biotech scientist. Miss Diamond Sparkle has asked you all to put priority on saving her. The hostages are located on the fifteenth floor grand ballroom. That's all we know for now but I'll update you should we get any new information. Maintain radio contact with Team Beta. Oh, one more thing, Ember, Sergeant Goodwing has put you in charge of Team Gamma."

((Say anything you like to keep a conversation. It's okay to do so but don't do it too often))

Here's a little mission music (from Deus Ex)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZkwCfkCf-8&feature=relmfu

Edited by Lily_Mae

Blaze loaded a lethal bolt into her crossbow and stood besides the back entrance of the building. "We'll try to be silent. You better have a quieter weapon than that, lest you wish to alert them all." She dropped down to her stomach and tried to look under the door, to see if anyone or anything was on the other side.

(How silent and controled is the fire ball?)

(Casting a fireball spell makes makes a soft noise with a sound range of two blocks and the attack range is around five blocks)

"Don't kill everypony. The chief wants the leader alive and conscious. If you're uncertain about what lies around the corners, each of you have a fibre optic spycam. It's linked to our monitors as well so we can see what you're seeing," Cirrus added.

Ember looked back at Strong and nodded. She turned around and again peered under the door with the fiber optic spycam this time (tell me what she sees or if there's no opening there). If there was no opening or after seeing what was behind the door, she stood back up. "Ready to enter?"

(Edited, she's using the spycam to look under the door.)

Edited by Linguz

(edited)

(Wait for Aureity to say something but in the mean time, I'll tell you what the spycam sees)

"Ember, I've got the video feed. It looks like it leads to the the kitchen. Everything seems clear but I can see a shadow on a wall nearby. By the looks of it, it seems to be the height and size of a stallion," Cirrus informed. "Not sure if it's one of the chefs or a terrorist. Just be careful."

Edited by Lily_Mae

(Sorry it took so long, I was in school >_>)

Ampyrion, who up until this point had stayed quiet while the other two were talking, nodded. "Go ahead. But how exactly am I supposed to stay silent?" he asked sarcastically. "I can shoot someone, or I can zap em with a bolt of lightning, and neither of those are quiet at all."

"Just do whatever it takes to keep yourself hidden. Remember the Police Academy's stealth course training? Just keep a low profile and hide behind objects to minimize your chances of being discovered. If you have to do a silent takedown, you can always go up close to the enemy and snap his neck or just suffocate him......hold on, we've managed to obtain the hotel blueprints. Command is analysing the floor plans and I'll upload it to your heads-up displays later. In the mean time, you three better get moving. Team Beta has entered the building and are now in the hotel's parking lot located at the east wing," said Ember.

(Sorry. Forgot to follow.)

Ember cast invisibility and entered the building. She looked at the pony who she has seen and tried to determine his position in this.

"I'm picking up several contacts near your area...three of them. The area is filled with boxes so use them to your advantage. Walk slowly and avoid sprinting whenever possible." Cirrus warned.

Ember enters the building followed by Strong Hooves and Amyrion.

Ember whispered into the mic, "What about the one you saw in the kitchen?" She got to the wall and lowered her body, trying to remain silent. When she located the ponies mentioned, she got behind boxes amd removed her invisibility.

Edited by Linguz

Ember used the spycam to send her an image of the ponies. She whispered, "Call it. Hostile or not?" She leveled her crossbow at one of them, all the while being mostly hidden by the boxes. She wasn't about to let them know they were there, at least not until they were considered friendly.