Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forlong

For those of you that don't know, Joshua Pellicer is the author of "The Tao of Badass" a self-help book for guys that can't get a date.

I heard about his book and thought I'd take a look. Now normally, I would borrow the book from the library and buy it later (unless I find it to be complete crap). But no one bothered to tell me that it was an e-book. Okay, we need another name for that medium. How about we call it "youtube"? Anyway, I looked at the price, and that shit is 100 USD!? What the Hell? That's more than twice as much as a high-end book. Oh, he also claims that its worth 167 USD, which is bullshit to get you thinking you got a good deal. And why such a random number?

I'd love to get a date, but I rather spend that $100 on the date than your stupid book.

Posted Image

That's more than a college textbook on a subject that has unsure results because women are so different and variable that a consensus opinion cannot guarantee success. Whereas a textbook is universally accepted and factual on its content because its subject does not vary and isn't subjective.

• Brohoof 2

The tao of what? For $100? Really? Wow. But, of course, it is really worth $167. Seems legit. :mellow:

It sounds to me that Mr. Pellicer makes his money by taking advantage of guys that are desperate for a date. He is a snake oil salesman if there ever was such a thing. Look, I don't mean this in a bad way, but the "secrets" of getting a date are unlikely to be discovered in an ebook - regardless of how much the author tells you that the book is worth.

If you really want to get a date, then may I make some recommendations?

• Get out there and meet people - volunteering is a great way to meet people. Take dance lessons. Do other things that put yourself outside of your normal comfort zone.
  • Have self-confidence - don't be afraid to talk to people that you don't know. Don't be afraid to be yourself. Trying to put on an act is unlikely to pan out in the long run because most people can subconsciously discern when someone is not being themselves.
  • Don't be desperate - if you are desperate for a date, then you will likely seem a little strange to the people that you interact with. You don't have to be desperate - people can sense it. There is someone out there for you. Just be patient and stay cool.
  • Don't constantly be "on the prowl" - this sort of meshes with the previous point, but it is important enough to warrant specific attention. Someone that is constantly hunting around for a date is, more than likely, going to freak people out. Just have a good time and enjoy yourself as you go to more places and do more things. You'll be so busy having fun that you will hardly notice the time passing by, and before you blink, you will find yourself meeting someone that is interested in you just for who you are.
You see, getting a date is just like any other type of social interaction. The same rules apply. The reason for this is that females are actually just people. There is no magical formula or Tao of Whatchamacallit. Be respectful, be yourself, and broaden your social circle. You may be surprised with the results of this.

Now... That'll be $267. I take cash, check, or credit. Send me a private message with your payment information. :)

(Just kidding! :lol:)

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 8

Part of finding a nice girl to date is also your environment. If you go to a bar, you're more likely to pick up a skanky gal than someone who would be the right fit for you.

Think of your interests and join local activities to find girls who share that interest and talk to them.

Don't worry about being "friend-zoned" because that is complete and utter crap. Women are not machines where you put in kindness coins and get back sex or romance. If she doesn't like you like that, then oh well, she's not the one! But at least you've made a friend.

But hey, just be yourself, show some confidence and you're sure to at least get interest!

And remember: a relationship is not going to happen overnight. Both you and the lady of your desire (I guess, lol) need to put in the effort. Don't let any girl push you around and don't push around a girl. Beneath our sexes we're all human beings.

• Brohoof 1

The only way to get a girlfriend is to find someone who likes your personality. If you're trying to be "cool" around most of us we're just going to think you're idiots like everyone else.

....Guys...

It is called listening to your friends advice. I could give so much, if only any of you would ask.

$100 for a self help book... that guy is going to make a fortune off of poor souls.

That'll be $267. I take cash, check, or credit. Send me a private message with your payment information.

Now, if you told me it was worth $400, I would have paid you. :P

The best self-help in that case is stopping themselves from buying that book.

That's financial advice, not romantic advice.

• 4 months later...

For those of you that don't know, Joshua Pellicer is the author of "The Tao of Badass" a self-help book for guys that can't get a date.

I heard about his book and thought I'd take a look. Now normally, I would borrow the book from the library and buy it later (unless I find it to be complete crap). But no one bothered to tell me that it was an e-book. Okay, we need another name for that medium. How about we call it "youtube"? Anyway, I looked at the price, and that shit is 100 USD!? What the Hell? That's more than twice as much as a high-end book. Oh, he also claims that its worth 167 USD, which is bullshit to get you thinking you got a good deal. And why such a random number?

I'd love to get a date, but I rather spend that $100 on the date than your stupid book.

Hey, Forlong

I was just looking up The Tao of Badass because a Facebook link directed me to his page one time. It sounds really really interesting, and, being a girl, I couldn't really attempt to use it without looking like a total... I don't know. But I wouldn't be able to use it! haha.. anyways, I think it seems legit. Like.. even after watching the videos, I felt more attracted to my ex-boyfriend again O.o don't know what that means... But on the video I watched, he claimed it to be worth over $400 and he was selling it for only $67. BUT WAIT, that's not all! He was throwing in all sorts of bonus material (worth $1500!) just so you would "click the orange 'click-to-order' button now"... I'm really not sure what to think about it all :S .... I don't know... I'd say give it a shot maybe? Seems legit for parts of it. Besides, there's a 60-day guarantee ;)

Good luck!!

And this is why I usually just download books on the internet before I actually buy them.

If only they allowed like some kind of "free trial" so that we can try reading it and see if its worth the money, books would sell more.

Edited by talkingmuffin

• 2 months later...

don't know if people are still interested or not or whether I am allowed to post this here or not

but you could find the book here

I haven't read it yet, I don't usually have patience with these kind of books, I just took a sneak peek view at the chapter biggest mistakes you make, which is quite a plain chapter ... by the pages I've "scanned" so far I can't find anything relevant or revolutionary.

Edited by jigoku

yes it seems that way Bunny, from my point of view. What draw my attention to actually look into this was an annoying video that played when I went to a site like 9gag (hope this isn't called advertising) but I don't remember the name of the other site, it should have been something funny there, there was but there was also this advertising video at the bottom of the page. I am a girl/woman and I was curious to see what sort of tips were sold to men in order to get them in our pants or date us, or whatever he was claiming he can help men with. So I let it play, some things actually were pretty plain and simple but true, for instance in my case I don't care for money I'm a programmer and I can take care of myself, plus I'm that sort of person that doesn't like being told that I'm being taken care of in any way, and I don't like anyone to keep tabs on me as to where I'm going, why, with whom etc, so in this regard this guy was right I don't care about how wealthy a man is, but I don't like lazy bastards either. Another thing he was right about, I don't like muscular guys either, I find many of them repulsive as he said, I like better the skinny type of guy, dressed in a costume or something casual but clean and neat and fitting, maybe with glasses, a bit shy, but capable of having a good healthy conversation with when out of his shell. For instance, this week I went to play darts with some colleagues, and at the entrance of this place, was this big muscular guy, the very sight of him made me think about vomit, so yeah muscles can be repulsive to some women I don't know about others but to me they are. I wasn't too impressed but I thought to myself "well let's see what's out there on the internet about him", research, and I landed on this forum where people complained about the book being expensive and not knowing whether it's useful or a bunch of crap etc, so I decided to see if there's no way of getting at least some demo, well I managed to get something (I don't want to say whether it is the full version or not, for I'm not sure myself, but one has to check that for themselves). And by the look of it it's more talk than actual advice or useful stuff, maybe guys could find that useful, I don't know. But in any case if I was a guy I wouldn't pay at all for such a thing, but maybe out of curiosity I would look it up on torrents. Hope I didn't bore anyone with my endless blabber.

• 2 years later...

(Jeez look at the views, Google search ftw. Hi world)

I remember him from somewhere when I was looking for dating advice. Also, I didn't pay for the book, instead I got some excerpts for free just to see what it's about. It seems different, and a lot of effort into dating. I stopped it short because I don't need more work into making the opposite sex like some part of me that's not me at all. If they don't like me for who I am, I'm better off alone. It's just confidence, but I don't want to be consumed with thoughts of finding someone in desperation.