Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did human Twilight deserve forgiveness?

ManaMinori

I'm not too sure, myself. Sunset said tht she used to be where SciTwi was, but their situations aren't exactly the same. It was pretty early on that SciTwi saw the effects that collecting magic was doing. (Seriously, though, you don't build something that you don't know how to control, or know how it works. SciTwi's idiocy makes me wanna punch her in the face) Sunset even confronted her about it (having every right to blow up at her, for being an idiot), and SciTwi apologized, an nd ran off, WITH THE PENDANT. So that she could KEEP causing trouble with it.

BUT, if she had truly been sorry, and seen all the damage she had caused, the lives she put in danger during the race, then, at that point, when Sunset confronted her trying to get her to see the danger in staying the course, SciTwi should've given up the pendant, and magic back.

But she didn't.

Ultimately, more messes happenned because of it, but would YOU forgive someone a second time, if they say they're sorry for their actions, after NO first attempt to change? Was it smart of them to take SciTwi in their group, knowing that, unlike Sunset, who was willing to change immediately, once seeing the consequences, SciTwi had to take longer, and be at more risk to repeat her actions?

• Brohoof 1

I agree, Twilight does deserved to be forgiven. After all she only used the magic pendant (to turn into Midnight Twi) because she was peer pressured into doing so.

but that peer pressure came after she had already apologized once, and didn't show her regret by either giving the pendant and magic back to Sunny and friends, or break the device. She SAID she was sory, and didn't prove it. Later, she keeps the pendant, knowing full well what it can do, since she made it that way, and allows herself to bee peer pressured into releasing the magic? And why? For her own gain, of wanting the person with influence to fast track her application to Everton.

Not only was she unrepentant the first time, after throing out an apology that wasn't acted on, but she still only considered herself, afterward. HER future into Everton, HER desire to understand magic she couldn't control or contain.

• Brohoof 2

Of course she should be forgiven. I mean, she had no evil intentions in the first place. She was not an awful person to be around. Also, she was peer pressured into doing so. In fact, Sunset Shimmer contributed to Twilight's pressure. She yelled at her, which was just uncalled for especially since Twilight was no one who deserved to be yelled at like that and not to mention it was more directed at the pony Twilight. Which does not help matters because it worries me that she would say that to the pony Twilight. Sure Sunset had some pressure, but she had no reason to take it out on the poor merl... Doesn't she notice how Crystal Prep already treats Twilight?

I believe that the magic itself just corrupted her and she had no defense against it because she had pretty much no experience with magic before. She definitely tried to avoid being sucked in. And the power made Twilight feel like she finally wasn't weak or anything.

When it came to Sunset's transformation, we should be able to tell that it was a lot different from Twilight's. First of all, she was mean and vicious to others while Twilight was not. Sunset purposely wanted the power. While Twilight wasn't even sure if magic was out there. Sunset's goal was basically set in the path of evil while Twilight was only curious of more being out in her world. Twilight wasn't even a mean person all in all.

You could tell that she still had a heart that was trying to break free from the darkness by the way she looked down at Spike and actually stopped for a moment. Mainly because he was the only one who seemed to be there for her for most of her time. If more were there for her, she might have been able to resist that transformation but then again couldn't only due to the fact that she has never dealt with magic before.

• Brohoof 4

Remember how ridiculous Twilight was when we first saw her in MLP FiM: Episode 1. Now imagine that same Twilight put into a negative environment like Crystal Prep and you see just how well this movie nailed it.

Edited by Tranquil Claw
  • Brohoof 4

but that peer pressure came after she had already apologized once, and didn't show her regret by either giving the pendant and magic back to Sunny and friends, or break the device. She SAID she was sory, and didn't prove it. Later, she keeps the pendant, knowing full well what it can do, since she made it that way, and allows herself to bee peer pressured into releasing the magic? And why? For her own gain, of wanting the person with influence to fast track her application to Everton.

Not only was she unrepentant the first time, after throing out an apology that wasn't acted on, but she still only considered herself, afterward. HER future into Everton, HER desire to understand magic she couldn't control or contain.

She didn't even know her device worked. She ran away from Sunset and her friends because she was scared of her after that verbal thrashing. Yes she kept the pendant but what was she supposed to do? She couldn't destroy it because she didn't know the effects of what would happen. She couldn't throw it away because abandoning something that powerful could have devastating consequences if it fell into the wrong hands. She couldn't give it away to Sunset and her friends because these were complete strangers to her. Besides no one knew how it worked so giving it away could be a risk and after being scared off, do you really blame her for keeping it.

And as for releasing it, again what did you expect? She was pressured, blackmailed, bullied and scared. What did you expect her do, just say no? Her education was on the line! For her that could have been damaging and she would be forced to stay in a hellhole of a school that probably would have been more malicious towards her. As EVEN THE STAFF was blackmailing her her very future could have been put on the line! Nothing was really in her favor!

And don't pull the "She should have thought about it" bullshit, no one is going to think rationally and immediately when they're scared!

The more I read your threads the more I think you're actively looking for reasons to complain.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 4

I completely agree with you. Sci Twi was really annoying, imo. Only reason I liked her because she seemed a bit like the old pony Twilight I love. She didn't consider giving up the pendant. She just ran away! Sunset just told her that she didn't know but she is going run away with magic she doesn't understand. "But I want to understand." How about ask Sunset? Or any of the Mane 5? They most likely understand the magic a LITTLE more than you do. And Sunset probably wasn't focusing on how the students at Crystal Prep were treating her. She was already focusing on how the magic worked in their world.

Also, Sunset might of not wanted power if she had friends. She probably got up in her studies and then ended up wanting more power. And Sci Twi was caught up in her studies as well, but it didn't lead to her wanting more power, but she ended up getting more power.

Also, she saw what the pendant did to the Mane 5 and Sunset. She knew the pendant was doing it and she didn't put it away. She knew something was happening but it seems like she didn't care. She even said she was sorry! Her not listening and not even putting away the pendant after saying sorry and witnessing what the pendant does, ended up with her becoming Nightmare/Midnight Twilight. It's like she didn't care that she was hurting people. Especially after what happened at the race track. She saw how dangerous the pendant was, but didn't bother to put away the pendant.

She definitely didn't deserve an apology and I'm surprised that she got into CHS after all that happened because of her pendant. Scratch that. She was probably going end up at CHS anyways. It is a Twilight so she does belong there.

Edited by Ecntrix
  • Brohoof 2

She didn't even know her device worked. She ran away from Sunset and her friends because she was scared of her after that verbal thrashing. Yes she kept the pendant but what was she supposed to do? She couldn't destroy it because she didn't know the effects of what would happen. She couldn't throw it away because abandoning something that powerful could have devastating consequences if it fell into the wrong hands. She couldn't give it away to Sunset and her friends because these were complete strangers to her. Besides no one knew how it worked so giving it away could be a risk and after being scared off, do you really blame her for keeping it.

And as for releasing it, again what did you expect? She was pressured, blackmailed, bullied and scared. What did you expect her do, just say no? Her education was on the line! For her that could have been damaging and she would be forced to stay in a hellhole of a school that probably would have been more malicious towards her. As EVEN THE STAFF was blackmailing her her very future could have been put on the line! Nothing was really in her favor!

And don't pull the "She should have thought about it" bullshit, no one is going to think rationally and immediately when they're scared!

The more I read your threads the more I think you're actively looking for reasons to complain.

We can all be happy and love each other, right~? =)=) =D 

Everyone's opinions are different, and no one can change it. We're all sharing our thoughts and opinions~!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :ooh:  :ooh:  :pinkie:  :pinkie: <3 <3 

Edited by Simonsuo ^.^

She was manipulated, peer preasured, etc. She never meant to do any harm. She was just curious. She didn't intend on becoming evil. She became corrupted, though. So I think she deserves forgiveness. 

Principal Cinch, on the other hand, is completely evil and irredeemable. If anyone doesn't deserve forgiveness, it's her.

• Brohoof 4

We can all be happy and love each other, right~? =)=) =D 

Everyone's opinions are different, and no one can change it. We're all sharing our thoughts and opinions~!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :ooh:  :ooh:  :pinkie:  :pinkie: <3 <3 

You are right. People do have different opinions! @The Coffee Pony it might seem like Nightmare is complaining to you, but it can seem like you're complaining to someone else. You don't have to be rude about it either. People have different views. And we all know Sci Twi got an apology and that's canon. People have a right to say that she didn't deserve one  if they didn't think so.

And Simon, I commend you for being such a positive person ^_^:wub:

• Brohoof 2

@Ecntrix

Yes I am aware of that. Also Twilight had no clue who the mane 5 even are so she couldn't just go and ask. They were strangers to her and Twilight was always used to doing things on her own. And what could have Twilight done with that pendant? She couldn't seem to control it herself and wasn't aware of its abilities. She couldn't just destroy it either because who knows what could've happened then?

I'm just saying that Twilight had no dark intentions at all and she was brought to a point where she basically had no other choice. That's what peer pressure does to you. Especially when you feel that you're all alone and like there is really no one to come and stand up for you. I would think that others would have tried to be her friend but she turned them down to study. She just started to be mean to others, even when she was aware that others have tried to be friends with her. She always had the option to make up with others but didn't realize that until later.

Okay so how was she supposed to just put the pendant away? It could've gotten snatched up by the wrong hands! And maybe someone who really does have dark intentions. Putting it down was just too dangerous to risk as well.

She must have cared about hurting others becase like I've said, she stopped for a moment because of Spike. However, she wasn't very popular nor surrounded by people who have at least not treated her differently than how Crystal Prep did or she just didn't even know all that well.

Also, I understand that Sunset had pressure of her own but really. It's just common sense not to take it out on someone like that. It didn't give Twilight a good glimpse of friendship. I would think Sunset would understand how Twilight was treated. The way she was treated is something you can't just not see.. It is something hurtful to see as I guess Sunset would probably immediately recognize someone else if they were treated the way that Twilight was.

After Sunset seeing how the pony Twilight learned to not take all the trouble and try to solve everything by herself like in Rainbow Rocks. I would think that Sunset would also learn something from that. How Sunset shouldn't have tried to keep all that stress to herself.

One more thing... I think we can kinda blame Principal Cinch :P

Edited by TwilightAqua
  • Brohoof 3

Once I'd have been surprised this is a question.

Human Twilight made mistakes, caused by ignorance, manipulation, peer pressure, and fear.

Should we withold forgiveness because someone didnt know, but was trying to learn, because someone wS manipulated, or because of fear? I don't think so.

• Brohoof 4

One more thing... I think we can kinda blame Principal Sinch :P

Yes, yes we can.

It is something hurtful to see as I guess Sunset would probably immediately recognize someone else if they were treated the way that Twilight was.

Mm, true. We can compare Sci Twi's vulnerability to Fluttershy in some ways. If something like that happened to Fluttershy, Sunset would do something, and the Mane 5. Only person who seemed to be nice to Sci Twi was AJ. I'm pretty sure she noticed how Sour Sweet was and the comment Sugarcoat made.

Okay so how was she supposed to just put the pendant away? It could've gotten snatched up by the wrong hands! And maybe someone who really does have dark intentions. Putting it down was just too dangerous to risk as well.

I didn't even think about this. Haha, it could of even end up in Cinch's hands...

• Brohoof 2

Yes, yes we can.

Mm, true. We can compare Sci Twi's vulnerability to Fluttershy in some ways. If something like that happened to Fluttershy, Sunset would do something, and the Mane 5. Only person who seemed to be nice to Sci Twi was AJ. I'm pretty sure she noticed how Sour Sweet was and the comment Sugarcoat made.

I didn't even think about this. Haha, it could of even end up in Cinch's hands...

^w^ So yeah.. I think we can all agree that this was at the fault of Principal Sinch :lol::P

I think she did deserve forgiveness.  No one was irreparably harmed and she didn't mean to do anything wrong.   As others have said she was pressured, and she didn't exactly have anyone to turn to.  Sunset and the others were strangers to her, and everyone from Crystal Prep was awful to her.  And Cinch literally had the power to destroy her future.  A lot of people would have behaved the exact same way.

• Brohoof 5

I definitely think she deserves forgiveness, it wasn't her fault for any of the destruction, she was pressured into it by her principal and classmates and all she simply wanted was to find her own place in the world and fit in. I teared up at the scene where Sunset offers Twilight her hand in friendship and she accepts.

• Brohoof 4