Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games Am I The Only One Who Adores Sugarcoat?

Ecntrix

I'm just in love with Sugarcoat XD Her overall attitude, her color scheme, her voice. And she's somewhat like me. She's pretty truthful, too. I wish we could see more of her. Hopefully, they have shorts with her in it? I'd enjoy that.

• Brohoof 2

Nah you're definitely not the only. She along with Sour Sweet probably got more characterization than the other Shadowbolts, and most of the things she said were so deadpan it made her hilarious

• Brohoof 4

I don't know. I think there wasn't enough time in the movie to develop the Shadow 5 or understand a majority of their personalities. It was focusing more on Sci-Twi, Principal Cinch and Dean Cadence.

I don't know about you, but I like Sour Sweet and Lemon Zest more cause they have more of a personality and were more rememberable (to me). Sour Sweet because of her struggle between being kind and angry and Lemon Zest because she loves listening to music her headphones.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. I think there wasn't enough time in the movie to develop the Shadow 5 or understand a majority of their personalities. It was focusing more on Sci-Twi, Principal Cinch and Dean Cadence.

I don't know about you, but I like Sour Sweet and Lemon Zest more cause they have more of a personality and were more rememberable (to me). Sour Sweet because of her struggle between being kind and angry and Lemon Zest because she loves listening to music her headphones.

I do adore Lemon Zest as well. But I don't enjoy her music choices much though. XD But yea, It did focus more on Sci-Twi. And Sour Sweet's attitude was eh. She seems rude. Especially with her sarcasm. But then again her name is SOUR Sweet. She seems to act "sweet" at times, but she is mostly sour. XD

So many characters and not enough time. None of the shadowcolts got nearly enough screen time, although sugarcoat definitely made her short moments on screen count, even when she wasn't saying anything

(for example, her facial expression when twilight got consumed by the magic, lol)

I liked her since I saw her design and I hoped to see a lot more of her in the movie since she was so funny in the shorts, oh well.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

I fell in love with her from the very first trailer and I was so excited to see her. She was so funny, I just wish she had more lines/screentime. But she got more than some of the others so I guess I can't complain.

• Brohoof 1

its all about the Sour Sweet for me, she has been added too my waifu list, 3rd after Adagio and Rarity...uh just realized this is my first waifu with a two part name (my brain thinks Dazzle is Adagios last name)

She was the funniest of them all. I'm not sure if her name is supposed to be ironic or not, maybe because I forgot what the definition of "sugar-coating" is.

"Sugar-coating" is the act of trying to put a positive spin on something negative that you have to say, making bad news sound less bad, or otherwise trying to "soften the blow" when saying something that you expect will make the person you're saying it to unhappy. So yes, her name is ironic, because every line she had was her stating something bad very bluntly :P

• Brohoof 1