Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games Where Did Principal Cinch Come From?

Ecntrix

She came out of a desire to cast the villain role with someone with more of a personality than King Sombra.

Whenever I think of the idea of "what if Sombra had been the Crystal Prep principle" I just imagine Sombra speaking into the Intercom saying something like "good evening my CRRRYYYSSSTALLL SLAAAVVVVEEESS, I MEAN STUDENTS" 

• Brohoof 2

If they wanted a strict pony version to human version why not put Harshwhinny in there? She was in charge of inspection for Equestria Games like Friendship Games.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

Cinch is a Human who was born in the Human world and then she rose to become the Principal of Crsytal Prep. Cadance was likewise a Human who was born in the Human world and rose to the rank of Dean at the same school.....

If they wanted a strict pony version to human version why not put Harshwhinny in there? She was in charge of inspection for Equestria Games like Friendship Games.

I wondered that too, Harshwhinny is a strict inspector and a strict pony.

Atticus Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird

That occured to me, too, while lying in bed. I kept wondering about her strange name from the beginning and then the epiphany. It's a good pun, too, since it suggests that she is very good at math, which would probably be typical for Crystal Prep, them being so performance-oriented and uptight.

Edited by Dowlphin

Because Equestria Girls isn't piggy-backing on Friendship is Magic anymore. Cadance isn't that much older than Twilight, so it wouldn't make sense for a young adult to be at the top of the chain. There are characters other than the FiM cast living their lives and Cinch was an example of how the EG setting is it's own vibrant, growing entity now.

And besides, with Human technology and commute the chances of characters getting around the whole world are likely much higher than in the FiM world, so expect new characters and FiM counterparts to be well travelled by comparison to FiM characters. Any instances of ponies with Human level technology in FiM is an example of poor writing, which both franchises occasionally have.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Outta nowhere like an RKO. Just like how they used Indigo Zap instead of Lightning Dust(though why they didn't change her look is a complete mystery) they probably didn't want to reuse a character for a cast with mostly new characters.

Sucks, they coulda made a reason why she was so strict in the first place and give her an interesting back story. Instead, she's just crabby because they needed someone to fulfill the crabby principal role

Personally I'd like to imagine she was a happy and chipper girl upon her first year at CP, but bad treatment and poor experiences similar to what Twilight received eventually led her to become a more bitter ice-queen

large.jpg

Edited by Megas75