Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So are the Mane 6 basically politicians now?

TailsIsNotAlone

As Bill Nye would say, consider the following:

1. They act not only on Celestia's orders, but in her stead as the bearers of the Elements. (Or at least the powers of the Elements, or the Tree, or the Map...you get the idea.)

2. They are headquartered in a special castle in Ponyville where they hold private meetings about what is best for Equestria, i.e. "spreading friendship."

3. Twilight herself, of course, is a princess and her friends often tag along with her on diplomatic missions.

4. While they are neither elected nor officials, they serve essentially the same function as elected officials: representing Equestria to the rest of the world and upholding the laws of the land. Except that, unlike traditional politicians like Mayor Mare, they don't get paid. On the bright side, they don't have to do a bunch of paperwork either.

The longer the series goes on, the more the Mane 6 seem to be Celestia and Luna's subordinates. Kind of a weird change from the very beginning when they were just friends hanging out, and in the process of hanging out they just happened to accomplish things that were good for Ponyville and Equestria.

So at this point, I would say that yes, they are essentially politicians.

• Brohoof 2

I have heard someone refer to them as Ambassadors of [insert element], so this is a legit way of looking at it. The Mane Six appear to be acting as diplomats considering that they only made slight nudges or relied on the native population to carry on the lesson.

• Brohoof 2

I have heard someone refer to them as Ambassadors of [insert element], so this is a legit way of looking at it. The Mane Six appear to be acting as diplomats considering that they only made slight nudges or relied on the native population to carry on the lesson.

"Emissaries", I think the card game puts it.

Actually, in the season 5 finale, all the mane 6 become Donald Trump. Alicorn Donald Trump. And spike is Eric Trump. Everyone is trump in some way, shape or form. All the pets are a different one of Trump's children, and all the background ponies get trump's hair. So, if you count trump as a politician and not a meme, then yes, I suppose they are.

It is a very loose forms of politics really. :P What you say makes sense for sure and it does seem like the mane 6 are operating on diplomatic roles half the time, but it all revolves around...well, friendship. Very different from human politics for sure. Honestly, I am not against friendshipitics, it doesn't seem to be changing the characters in any negative way, so why not?

I wouldn't call them politicians though. Specifically, politicians are there to represent and work for a government body, while the mane six are just kind of trying to psychologically help people in need due to the map.

Celestia is unaffiliated with the map, as is luna, and twilight doesn't appear to have any real governing role connected to the map. So the mane six are more what I'd call a community aid group, kind of like a neighborhood watch or whatnot that simply tries to help out those around them, like a church organization that tries to fundraise and help people in need.

• Brohoof 3

Ambassadors of the princess of Friendship and Emissaries of their respective element is what I label them as with no particular formal role of the government save for Twilight when the situation requires.

Edited by UnknownFry

Ya know, I'd like to see the CMC finally bury the hatchet with Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, then recruit the other foals of the village to defend it from creatures from the Everfree while the Mane 6 are off spreading DEMOCRACY FRIENDSHIP across Equestria

Pipqueak, Rumble, Dinky, Featherweight. Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom

EVILDOERS BEWARE, WE HAVE ADORABLENESS

So at this point, I would say that yes, they are essentially politicians.

I would contest they are more like Knights, doubly enforced by the round table and thrones. Celestia does not issue them missions, the map does. The magic of Harmony revealing itself to have a will and awareness of it's own. This makes the position more similar to divine appointment than political election. Their function is not to create or enforce civil policy, but to solve simple but profound interpersonal problems. More similar to a simple good samaritan or at a stretch the peace corps. than someone trying to change a country's laws.

Perhaps best represented by "the Lost Treasure of Griffonstone," their mission was not to restore the Kingdom's social infrastructure but to simply show the Griffons the value of each other's company over skint material gain.

Calling them politicians reflects a post-modern view of a very much fantasy situation. Twilight ascended to royalty in the astral plane, her friends the chosen bearers and embodiments of abstract concepts. Their castle having grown from the ground as a gift from a higher power.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

Just hope Rainbow Dash never reads the section on diplomatic immunity.

• Brohoof 1

I was wrong; The card game says Ambassadors.

Yes. And Celestia is Palpatine and Luna is Darth Vader. Soon Celestia will do away with the need for the Mane6 entirely when she uses the Rainbow Power to build the Harmony Star.

Pinkie clone army

Order Freindship 6

'help me flash snetyr your my only hope" lolz

Edited by BlinkZ
  • Brohoof 1

I agree! They are kinda like politicians. Never thought of it before....

Makes me kinda miss G3, without all the stuffy politics business. All the ponies just did things for fun

Awww......... I miss them too... I love G3! They are great!

Besides, the mane six still do things for fun or whatnot, like in scaremaster. They just have different plots for different episodes

as I said, G3 didn't have all the political missions and junk. Yeah, there were princesses, but "save the world. Meet with emmissaries and diplomats. Restore the country's source of offensive power by going on missionary tours to increase the love and friendship meter that powers the dues ex machina rainbow obliterator"
  • Brohoof 1

Besides, the mane six still do things for fun or whatnot, like in scaremaster. They just have different plots for different episodes

I unbrohoofed this, just so that I could brohoof it again!  :lol: