Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How has My Little Pony affected you in real life?

Tranquil Claw

It's never really helped with my friendship skills, but one thing is that when I was first a brony for t u e first time, I would constantly make MLP references. I still make a few MLP references as of these days, but I was overly obsessed with the show at first.

Sugar.... so MLP:FIM has helped you too. A small way.... sure.... but it's still a positive experience you will never forget.

Yes the merch does cost money.... but I can tell you and everyone this.... I have a 20" Princess Twilight Sparkle that I hold tight while I sleep.... I wake up and I'm still holding her.

Inside I still need the feeling of holding onto something that has touched me deep within. Some call it a toy, some would consider it a security blanket. I call it comfort with wings and a horn. :twi::fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I don't think MLP has had some influence on me. For example it is about friendship, but to be honest I prefer to be alone. Anyway the show has many positive messages that is always good to remember and try to apply in everyday life.

• Brohoof 1

This may sound cliche...but the show effectively saved my life. I was being bullied a few years back, I had to switch schools to get it to stop. I was ashamed of that...and locked myself in my room. I lost weight...80 pounds...and became sickly and depressed. All the while, I was learning about bronies and what they were. I didn't understand them, honestly. I tried watching the show, but I wasn't convinced. 

Around this time, my grandmother passed away, and my friends began to move on to other things. I just felt down all the time. I was kind of like MoonDancer...actually.
I won't get anymore into it, because it gets sadder..but I watched ponies more, and became addicted. xD 
Thank the lord I found the show and this group of people!

post-35733-0-38621600-1443521451_thumb.png

Edited by SugaCoat
  • Brohoof 4

My little pony has helped me to hone more of my creativity, get out of some some depressive patterns, and generally be a better person. I have Aspergers and anxiety. So this show shows me it's okay to have this and still be myself. The show has taught me too see things from different percepcetives. The show helped lead the way to mlp forums. It's made me happier and a better person overall . This community I'm part of ... You guys literally have changed my life for the better and made this heart leap with joy and renewed hope. I found many of you , no , pretty much everyone to be a great and wonderful person. I also suffer from a stressful home siuation, ocd , intrusive thoughts, and depression. I just love the forums because it brings me new ideas and great people. Thank you mlp:fim and thank you all!

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Before I began watching MLP, I was in a pretty unhappy period of my life, so it brought me a lot of joy and it was something to look forward to after a long day, sitting in front of the TV and watching a few episodes, no worrying or stressing for a few blissful hours. Then I began collecting the toys and posters and t-shirts, so now everywhere I look I see ponies, and that just brings a smile to my face during the absolute worst times.  :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It didnt affected me in real life, in anyway  :ooh:

I still have to yet actually find a Mlp fan. And because i dont watch the show anymore, or at least not anytime soon, it still wouldnt affect my life in any way.

Edited by PsychoShy

I still wouldn't understand the meaning of my life and would still think my life is meaningless. I wouldn't understand how to be a good friend. I wouldn't accept myself for who I am. I probably wouldn't even be here. 

So My Little Pony strongly affected me in real life. 

I myself have found that My Little Pony has affected me in the best of ways. Before I got into the show I could easily relate my situation to Twilight's when she first entered. I used to be the lonely nerd who always thought the only thing that mattered were my grades. After this show I became one of those people you could be around and always feel comfortable with. My Little Pony even inspired me to create my own personal code that I strive to match each and every day. It simply states that you should be kind, generous, loyal, happy, and truthful (pretty much the elements of harmony) and that by following this you will be successful in making and keeping friends. So far it works above and beyond my expectations.  

This. EXACTLY THIS. You literally just described what happened to me.

• Brohoof 1

This show, and by relation, this fandom helped me get through the depression I had been in for the longest time in my life.

I'm not a happy person by nature, and when I started watching, I couldn't get over the fact that every problem was fixed by 'friendship.'

Huh, funny coming from a guy who barely ever had anyone even care that he existed growing up.

I met some good friends through this fandom, and was able to keep together with two of my best friends from the end of high school.

Do I ever think i could change some things about me? Oh, hell yes. I broke myself eight years ago, and am JUST picking up the damn pieces of my life.

Do I ever want to go back and start over? I made peace with my decisions, and have to live with them. No, I don't.

This show somewhat... gave me back what I needed.

It gave me back my life.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't really all that confident in making friends before MLP came into my life. I'm alot more bold now and I don't shy (oh the pun) away into a corner and mope about life. It gave me the confidence I needed. Of course when something bad happens, I do cry, we all need to, but if I fall on the ground and scrape my knee, it's no biggie. I used to cry alot but MLP taught me to be strong :) 

It also made me a social outcast at my school but who flipping cares  B)

I also hide MLP toys in my bag and in a boring part of the lesson, get them out and play with them. Probably a mundane thing like having them hit themselves multiple times. On the school iPads that our year get, I made a folder called 'Do not question my sanity' and put MLP apps in it :P

• Brohoof 1

MLP drove me so mad that I started writing a journal about myself in the royal guard and real life things that happened to me I put them in pony version! MLP is really cool and has inspired me to do a lot of things including setting up a fan club

• Brohoof 1

It literally has had no positive impact on my life whatsoever. If anything, I would say it had negative impact from the crap that I had to deal with when I was on other sites for this fandom. The harassment, death threats and treatment I received definitely would outshine any level of positiveness that this fandom had given me.

This show and the fandom has indeed changed my life a lot. These past 3 years, more has happened for me in them than probably the previews 10 years before that combined. I make (okay at best) signatures that I never thought I would be able to do, I am on a community where I actually have friends (online) and I feel like I matter here, that is another thing I did not expect even when first joining these forums. This show has made me realize how important friendship is, it has made me try to strengthen the bonds with the friends I have now, offline I don't have many but I cherish still and this show reminds me to do that every day. Also doing that for my friends here too. On top of this, this show made me join this forum which eventually led me to finding my boyfriend, whom is the absolute perfect match for me. ^.^ 

For a short while, my depression and self-deprecation issues went away after finding the show, but those came back eventually and I still am struggling with this so very much to this day, in some ways it is getting worse, but being here helps me so much and I have the show to thank for that. no show equal no forum equals no me being here equals bleh. 

This show has been quite the game changer for my life in quite a few ways, I would still consider me to be mostly the same but I strive much more for friendship, positivity, and self acceptance now. :)

• Brohoof 4