Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How has My Little Pony affected you in real life?

Tranquil Claw

• 4 weeks later...

The most important thing how MLP has affected my life is that when I registered on a Finnish brony forum, I got to make friends with someone who's been my best friend for quite a while now! I pretty much consider MLP to be the first thing on our way of becoming besties.  

It has not affected me at all with my personal life its a cute little cartoon to watch, but it does nothing for me in real life, but as a whole it has brought people together from all nationalities and a huge community came from it so when down the community will be there, but I have always been a fan of mlp since generation 1.

I'm infinitely more capable of judging a piece of entertainment by the quality of its content, rather than the label and intended demographic. All of this is because a group of witty, super talented animators, with a sort of geek culture sense of humor, knows how to sincerely tell a story about genuinely goodhearted characters.

This show changed my life. 

It allowed me to challenge myself on stepping out of my comfort zone.

But mostly, it made me a better person. This show saved me from being a complete stubborn person.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say that this show has changed my life exactly, although it has given me something to feel good about when I'm down and want an escape from the world.

I would like to meet and make some new friends, but my shyness is an issue and there are no meetups where I'm from so I'll just have to let that wait out.

(edited)

My Little Pony has affected my life in a couple of ways. It helped me be more kind to people. It's helped me have a better attitude each morning, and actually has made me have a more positive outlook on life. I'm a little confident now, more compassionate, and more outgoing as well. MLP also has made it so a lot of songs are stuck in my head, and I catch myself either singing them completely out loud for all to hear, or I either hum it to myself quietly or sing it in my head.  ^_^  :please:  :ooh:  :squee:  :icwudt:   :wub:

Edited by Frost Blossom
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It made life a little brighter and a little more colorful. Everyone has shows they like, but the ponies go beyond being a mere cartoon. It just has an added dimension that makes you care about the characters and try to emulate them in real life. Anything with that kind of positive influence is a gift, and a deeply appreciated one.  :twi:

It just makes life happier. What more can anything aspire to do?  :)

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

MLP hasn't affected my life in a large way, but I would say it helped me with my self-esteem.

It helped me see better about myself, and what I do for others as well as my talents.

• 2 years later...

Honestly the show has actually helped me solve friendship problems of my own and I had this friend (let’s name her Barbara) I thought she was a friend but really she was just a jealous person who thought it was ok to bully my actual friends to be my best friend and she blew it, it also helped me appreciate my friends more and in a way the show makes me feel special I have this group of best friends and each of them remind me of the mane 8 ( i include starlight glimmer and sunset shimmer ) I even thought Barbara reminded me of pinkie pie but apparently she’s just not a true friend ( *mlp true true friend song starts playing in head lol:P) but the point is this show has effected me greatly:kindness:.

EE1A7769-4562-45FE-B627-3DB231CCDFBF.jpeg

8B0285EE-48C0-4379-A7A2-DF3DCC71AE51.jpeg

It hasn't affected me in real life given how I am much older than the show's intended age demographic. But, it does make me appreciate the voice acting industry more especially with the vast vocal ranges the voice cast have provided.

• 4 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash inspired me to be more athletic :sneer:, Rarity inspires creativity :D, Applejack inspires hard work and honesty:mlp_icwudt:, Pinkypie fun (obviously) :pinkie:Fluttershy Inspires Kindness :squee: and Twilight Sparkle inspires Intellect :adorkable:

The list goes on but so many have positive aspects of humanity that endear to my heart and soul. 

• Brohoof 3

It gives me something to watch on Saturday morning. :maud: It inspiring me to be a better person and to value my friends is pretty cool too. Although that's the most important impact it's had for me, I also love how much it's creatively inspired me as I look back at all the stories I never would've written if I had never become a fan. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Right now, it might affect me more than ever. It is difficult to describe.

I am just trying to improve my life (MLP does just that, see my post above form a year ago), but I am not alone in trying to do that ATM. :wau:

• Brohoof 1

"How has My Little Pony affected you in real life?"

Watching Friendship is Magic convinced me to try and make friends in my own way. Which, is is why I joined MLP Forums. 

I spent some money on pony-shaped pieces of plastic, joined a forum dedicated to the show and bought some music recordings (two records with MLP music, a record and some CDs by Michelle Creber).

That's pretty much it.

Oh, and I also gave some of my servers/PCs names of the characters.

The show really did help me in a lot of ways

-Help me draw more cartoon characters

- It help me improve as a person

- Life has been hard for me back then, but going through a world filled with cute talking ponies really resonate with me.

FiM really meant a lot to me and I'll never let go of the franchise anytime soon.

• Brohoof 2