Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your idea of a Utopia?

Tranquil Claw

@,

Morality and philosophy in general is a subject that is open ended. One can convince another that their morality is incorrect when you have contraindications within the morality. Or maybe if there are fallacies within the argument such as circular reasoning or the slippery slop.

Don't be so sure. I've shown people hypocrisy in their statements but it rarely seems to change their minds. And I'm no high minded philosopher, just wishing people would not make blanket statements to entire schools of thought.

Edited by Steel Accord

Don't be so sure. I've shown people hypocrisy in their statements but it rarely seems to change their minds.

It is best to use a Socratic approach in such matters so that the subject can come to their own conclusions. Presenting evidence of a matter often leads to further doxastic closure.

• Brohoof 1

My blind-optimism took another blow. I NEED POTIONS!

Hey, take it from a fellow optimist/idealist, it's a good thought to have. Blind anything though is never good.

It is best to use a Socratic approach in such matters so that the subject can come to their own conclusions. Presenting evidence of a matter often leads to further doxastic closure.

If you mean asking a rhetorical question to induce critical thinking, again it's very rarely worked. The thing that bothered me was, in these instances, I wasn't trying to prove my point correct or covert one to my way of thinking, only that my side had a say in the world, had a right to exist.

Indeed this daily question trend I am starting is directly influenced by the teachings of Socrates. I have run into a few problems with the idea of having a daily question trend though. These mostly have to do with not having enough time on my hands to run so large an operation. I will need volunteers to moderate subjects and keep them on track with the theme. If anyone wants to join the team pm me and I will give a response when available. I honestly did not expect this idea to take off so well. Thank you all for giving it a try and inspiring others to join in on it and make a contribution.

• Brohoof 1

A world of the mind. If you can dream it, you create do it. Want to change the world, well there is nothing to it! I would love to live in a world where all kinds of creativity are encouraged without censorship. The art, music, games, films, literature, and architecture that would be created! It would be like a new renaissance. 

• Brohoof 2

A world of the mind. If you can dream it, you create do it. Want to change the world, well there is nothing to it! I would love to live in a world where all kinds of creativity are encouraged without censorship. The art, music, games, films, literature, and architecture that would be created! It would be like a new renaissance. 

Sir you have read my master plan like a book. It all starts with a show originally for little girls and could turn out to be humanity's last redemption from corruption. We have the information, we have the support, now we need to make it work.

I am going to put fourth that anyone who wants to join my team should go talk to my co-founder, SugarfootWillie. This will definitely not be able to air every day but I do hope that with the help of the community this can become a strong tradition for the fandom.

"Onward we go, touching the world with our influence, spreading ideas, and ushering a new age never before seen in history."

Quote by Me, just in case it ever becomes famous.  :smug:

• Brohoof 1

Ankh-Morpork

A place with steady give-and-take, and true fairness. A place where the environment is priority, and greed is a thing of the past. A place where you can feel safe without losing your privacy or your freedom. A place with no loopholes or buy-outs or pay-to-win, and where any leader truly knows what's best.

This place...did it ever exist? Maybe in Viking times? I can hope.

I believe a utopia -- if it ever could exist -- would be a society where everyone is just and good-willed. This is what the Bible tried to create, but failed because of reasons I can't be bothered thinking of. Point is, a utopia such as that would be great, but can't happen. It's already been tried as seen with the motive of Christianity (and most other religions), but hasn't succeeded even once. (Although that doesn't mean they haven't atleast made some effect.)

• Brohoof 1

I toyed around with a "possible" utopia that takes into account human flaws. It is a system that filters greed through the bottom half of the chain and promotes passion throughout the top half. Fear must never be used as a tool to control with, temptation however, is a good way to get others to want something. All you have to do is remove that temptation and move it elsewhere to keep people from climbing up to the point you are at. Of course, passion is something you feel deep down is right, so it tends to wear the winds much longer than any other motivations. Usually it comes from traumatizing situations that leave a scar on you for the rest of your life. Since you always start from the bottom and work yourself up to the top, there are plenty of opportunities for things like that to happen. Another form of motivation is inspiration, when someone you look up to does something great, and you feel like you should live up to their expectations. This comes from power given to the people and lack of oppression. That is one reason this community is so great. I believe the My Little Pony fan base is one of the few "possible" utopia's in the world. 

What is your idea of a Utopia?

Immortality where I stop aging in my late 20's, and receive billions of dollars in inheritance from rich people, like Bill Gates, or Donald Trump.

Invest some of the money wisely, save some more in a high-interest savings account... and game for eternity. :comeatus:

Also, ponies. :U

Just a reminder to stay on topic.

Don't go off the rails, and right into heated debates. This is not the place for that.

Let the "What is your idea of Utopia?" answers resume!

• Brohoof 1

t the "What is your idea of Utopia?" answers resume!

part anime like inu x boku ss and Highschool of the Dead and sword art online.  Really any world were I can openly carry my guns and swords and no one makes a big deal out of it. Also some animal girls like cat girls and rabbit you know a cool mix.

post-13882-0-62210600-1443565383_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I believe the idea of utopia is more a philosophical concept than anything.

In short, there's no such thing. I know some people can imagine such a thing, but I sure can't.

Which is why philosophers like me and SugarfootWillie like to tackle that problem.

• Brohoof 1

Yo I found this group called the Venus Project. It's a bunch of scientists working to make an oceanic utopian socitey.

https://www.thevenusproject.com/en/

Oh yeah I've donated to that. It's less "utopia" and more "hey, this is a viable living space, let's use it!" The Seasteading Institute is a cousin to this initiative. I think the next century or so will see humanity migrate to the seas.