Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy Anniversary Chigens!

Jeric

@@Chigens and Kay

I actually struggled to locate a proper place for this topic. What I am about to say doesn't feel like it is going to be loungy, and the person this topic is dedicated to absolutely deserves greater acknowledgement than the lounge. I decided on the lounge because to me it is symbolic of fun and of community. It seems appropriate for what I am about to say.

Three years ago today forum staff sent a PM inviting a classy and respected member of the MLPF community to join the Moderation Team. That person was Chigens. Three forum years is like 50 people years really. Chigens has seen this community grow and change over her tenure as a Mod. She bore witness to great calamities and monomentus celebrations. Her service is remarkable. On a personal note, she is one of the most approachable and honest individuals I have met since joining this forum. I have no doubt she will likely squirm inside at seeing this, but I didn't get my reputation for being whimsically unpredictable for nothing.

There are so many new faces here you may not know her personally. Let me tell you this ... my conversations with her, particularly since I became an Administrator, have shown that she is an unapologetic defender of the membership and community here. On more that one occasion when I sought her counsel, she reminded me exactly why this forum exists and what made it special ... the community ... the fun. These discussions always served as a reminder than when I think of any changes ... that should always be in the forefront of my mind. That is why I posted this here. This is a forum dedicated to fun. It seems appropriate.

Three years serving this community ... not many have that sort of dedication. Congratulations Chigens&Kay ... here's to another three ... and many more chats!

To the staff who selected her ... Thank you. :)

• Brohoof 8

Chigens is seriously awesome. I've had the pleasure of talking to her many times and I've seen first-hand how kind, mature, and reasonable she is. Happy anniversary to her! :)

• Brohoof 4

For this, I'll gladly emerge from the shadows for a minute.

Chigens and I first worked together when I was assigned as a section mod for Beyond Equestria, getting to know each other a little better over time as we played an occasional Steam game together and chatted in Skype calls here and there. When BronyCon came around, her previous rooming arrangements fell through, so I invited her to stay with me, which is where I think we really bonded and became close friends.

Looking back, it feels like yesterday, yet it also feels so long ago, longer than it has been. Funny how time works like that. Anyway, Chigens is as close a friend as I've ever known, somebody who has brought immeasurable joy to my personal life in addition to being an exemplary moderator and stalwart defender of this community. Sorry if I've made you uncomfortable, Chigens. I know you don't enjoy the spotlight and you're typically reserved. You deserve recognition though for all of your time and labors here, but most importantly for being an exemplary example of humanity. Thanks for all you've done to brighten my life and inspire me.

• Brohoof 4

For this, I'll gladly emerge from the shadows for a minute.

Chigens and I first worked together when I was assigned as a section mod for Beyond Equestria, getting to know each other a little better over time as we played an occasional Steam game together and chatted in Skype calls here and there. When BronyCon came around, her previous rooming arrangements fell through, so I invited her to stay with me, which is where I think we really bonded and became close friends.

Looking back, it feels like yesterday, yet it also feels so long ago, longer than it has been. Funny how time works like that. Anyway, Chigens is as close a friend as I've ever known, somebody who has brought immeasurable joy to my personal life in addition to being an exemplary moderator and stalwart defender of this community. Sorry if I've made you uncomfortable, Chigens. I know you don't enjoy the spotlight and you're typically reserved. You deserve recognition though for all of your time and labors here, but most importantly for being an exemplary example of humanity. Thanks for all you've done to brighten my life and inspire me.

There's no happy crying emote thing, but this one seems pretty close :kindness: Thank you T^T

• Brohoof 4