Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite monsters from gaming

Grtxkkyz

So, what are some of your favorite monsters and creatures from the world of video games? What do you like about them the most? Both sentient and non-sentient beasts count.

Here are some of mine:

*Ridley, Kraid and most creatures Samus meets

*Of the Monster Hunter bestiaries, my particular favorites include Lagiacrus, Deviljho, Khezu, Teostra and Lunastra, Qurupeco, Jaggi and Great Jaggi and Tigrex to name a few.

*Pretty much all of the monsters of Dragon's Dogma, specially Grigori the Dragon

*Reapers. What's not to love about a gargantuan, biomechanical squid?

*Behemoth, Marlboro and Cactuar, all from the Final Fantasy franchise

*Moon Presence, Amygdala, Ebrietas, Darkbeast Paarl, of Bloodborne fame.

My favorites are William Birkins last transformation in Resident Evil 2, because it did exactly what it was supposed to...it scared me almost to death  :wacko:

I also like the first Boss from Resident Evil Outbreak, because it looks kinda interesting and in the transformation scene, it mouth looked kinda like one from the movie Alien.

Another one is the weird looking Boss in the Hilitop Center in Silent Hill 3. And Silent Hill Origins has a similar looking one as one of the bosses.

Also this gigantic face ground monsters from Silent Hill Origins. ( have no idea what they actually called  :lol:  )

What constitutes a monster?
In my gaming experience, and knowledge of other things, I think the greatest monster is man itself. :comeatus:

In terms of favorites, I guess I've never really thought of monsters in a positive way? They're all just hunks of experience for me to carve out of digital existence. D:
But a safe bet would probably be any enemy from a WoW raid, or any Elder Scrolls monsters. xD

What constitutes a monster?

In my gaming experience, and knowledge of other things, I think the greatest monster is man itself. :comeatus:

In terms of favorites, I guess I've never really thought of monsters in a positive way? They're all just hunks of experience for me to carve out of digital existence. D:

But a safe bet would probably be any enemy from a WoW raid, or any Elder Scrolls monsters. xD

Well, yeah, depraved villains with insanely evil thoughts are metaphorical monsters after all. So, yeah, they can be welcome to this thread too. Albeit the main focus is on weird creatures and mythic beings.
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty easy choice for me: the Zerg.

Kinda fits both the monster and creature bit, though I guess whether they count as a single thing is arguable.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Gonna throw my votes for Metroids, Big Daddies(if they count), tonberries and Cactuars

A-metroid.jpg

bioshock-Bouncer.jpg

FF8_Cactuar.png

tonberry8-b.jpg

Edited by LAZENGANN OVERLOAD

The lagiacrus from monster hunter. I can't post a picture of it right now, but I was crapping myself when it showed up in the third or fourth mission. It's like a giant dinosaur crocodile that you can't defeat until midway through the game. In general, I really have to praise that series for their monster design and realistic and savage AI.

The Regenerators from Resident Evil 4. These things were excellent for inflicting fear into the player. They walk towards you, just slowly walking and they breathe in such a disturbing manner, while having an incredibly ominous music playing in the background. Easily one of the best Resident Evil monsters.

scariest%20monsters%20regenerator.jpg

Seriously, just....*shivers*

...I really like..

Crazy Hand from the Super Smash Bros. Series..

Bouldergiest from Super Mario Galaxy..

Anti Bowser, Midbus and Fawful in M&L: Bowser's Inside Story..

I love all the ghosts from Luigi's Mansion...

and Antasma from Dream Team.

The Flood from Halo are pretty fascinating. I love the idea of a parasite manipulating your anatomy in grotesque ways in order to be another mindless grunt of the parasitic species' mastermind

yes I am weird