Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games Do you think NOW is a good opportunity to make a Equestria Girls spin-off show?

James A Williams

At the end of Friendship Games, I think it opens up a gateway to a Equestria Girls spin-off show/Equestria Academy even more than before.

Sci-Twi is now gonna stay in Canterlot High, Sunset now understands the Magic of Friendship, all 3 movies have introduced enough characters to develop on (including the Shadowbolts), and there's now a human world version of Twilight who is now a main character, so we don't always have to rely Equestrian Twilight to go through the portal every episode and can learn about friendship the same way Equestrian Twilight did.

So, now is definetly a better time than ever to make a Equestria Girls spin-off show. WHAT'S TAKING HASBRO (OR WHATEVER COMPANY WHO'S MAKING EQUESTRIA ACADEMY) SO LONG?!!!

• Brohoof 2

Yeah after 3 movies I'd be down for it. At first I was skeptical, wanting EG to stay movies so it would stay special, but I know I'd watch a tv series. Plus that would give them more time to maybe focus on the Shadowbolts so that would be cool.

• Brohoof 1

If it means more Lemon Zest, then I'm all for it. If not, I'd still watch it. There's definitely more to the human world than raging she-demons, bands, and what's basically the Olympics. A spin-off series would be able to explore the world more.

• Brohoof 2

If this means we can get more Sirens and the Shadowbolts gets more proper screen time, and we see more besides the schools, I'm all for it

And I this point, with how well received the last two have been, I think there's enough demand for it to become a fullblown series

Edited by LAZENGANN OVERLOAD
  • Brohoof 2

With the right writers and a decent story setup it would be interesting to have Equestria Girls get a spinoff.  It would allow for more world building and we could see how the two worlds are different, especially now with magic in a world that previously had none.  It could make for interesting plots.  Especially now that Human Twilight has been introduced, yet Human Sunset still hasn't... hmm.

Personally I would think they should think about making an interconnected Spin-Off allowing the two shows to crossover when needed or necessary a la Buffy-Angel in the early 2000's or Arrow-Flash currently.  Having a story start in MLP or EG and then crossing over into the other one to see both sides play off each other would be nice.

• Brohoof 1

With the right writers and a decent story setup it would be interesting to have Equestria Girls get a spinoff.  It would allow for more world building and we could see how the two worlds are different, especially now with magic in a world that previously had none.  It could make for interesting plots.  Especially now that Human Twilight has been introduced, yet Human Sunset still hasn't... hmm.

Personally I would think they should think about making an interconnected Spin-Off allowing the two shows to crossover when needed or necessary a la Buffy-Angel in the early 2000's or Arrow-Flash currently.  Having a story start in MLP or EG and then crossing over into the other one to see both sides play off each other would be nice.

Well, I think it could have some crossover episodes, featuring pony Twi or Pinks, but a whole series is more unlikely, unless FiM skips a whole season 

Well, I think it could have some crossover episodes, featuring pony Twi or Pinks, but a whole series is more unlikely, unless FiM skips a whole season 

Why would FiM have to skip a whole season... so far the movies have taken place approximately at the same time as the corresponding seasons, I don't know about Season 5/Friendship Games timeline as I'm still catching up on Season 5, (Just watched Slice of Life last night) on Netflix since I don't get DFC.  But Equestria Girls took place between Magical Mystery Cure and Princess Twilight Sparkle while Rainbow Rocks took place after Twilight's Kingdom.  I'm assuming that Friendship Games takes place similarly after or during Season 5. 

With the fact that everything between "Best Night Ever" and "Make New Friends but Keep Discord" was over the course of a single year it would be simple to have a small time skip at Canterlot High and have the two shows run concurrently.  A small time skip would also allow them to have stuff that happened between the movies and the start of a prospective series to keep a bit of mystery and intrigue about the characters and how the develop.  But as I said before it would require a skilled writer to do so rather well.

Also personally I'd like to see Discord show up at Canterlot High.

I'd rather have it stick to movies.

When the 2010 Winter Olympics ended, I was so mad and frustrated and sad all at the same time. I asked my guardian to call the olympics so they can have one month the summer olympics, and the next month winter olympics, then repeat, forever.

He then lectured me on why and how the olympics is so great, the fact that all the waiting and preparing has come to an exciting 2 weeks of celebration and cheering and all these countries in one place. Now I really understand what makes the olympics special. Because it's only 2 weeks every 4 years. It's like a holiday sort of.

Equestria Girls is roughly like that (Even though I don't really like EG  :adorkable: )

So for it to be a show instead of a yearly event, it won't be as special as it is at the moment.

Edited by FlootahBaby

I'm conflicted. Part of me thinks that an EQG spinoff series would be a good idea (I'd look forward to seeing Sunset and Sci-Twi learning friendship lessons together), but the other part of me thinks that EQG should remain a series of movies because of what said.

Actually, no. A spinoff would be nice, but I wouldn't want that happening without Sunset going back to Equestria and becoming a regular pony in FIM first. If there can be a human-world Twilight at Canterlot, they can introduce a human-world Sunset to be the new protagonist.