Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The longest it has taken you to beat a game

Grtxkkyz

So, what has been the longest it's taken you to beat a video game? Did it take you days, weeks or even moths to finish it? What game was it in particular?

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

Probably Okami.

That's only because I haven't bothered to continue playing it for like... 2 years

Well, it took me a really long time to beat Super Mario Galaxy, as in 100% the entire game; around 13 months. That is mainly because when I play a game, I can't just continuously play one. So, when I got a few stars in Super Mario Galaxy, I would turn off that game and play another. xD

Final Fantasy VIII, Twilight Princess, and Tales of Symphonia took me about 60-70 hours to beat on my first try

Well, if we really wanna get technical about it I've been working on Gran Turismo 4 for 11 years now...
But, under normal circumstances, Metal Gear Solid V is the only game I've played this month and I still haven't finished it yet because I'm too busy fucking around.

• Brohoof 2

If we take all unplayed days, I cant say for sure. But guess MGSV would mayby on top of it

I finished the story(Taken out the mission with extra circumstances) and needed over 60-70 hours for it

And with everything I did until then, I was somewhere between 55 and 65% completion, now 84%. I still have a lot to do

If we're talking total time, I think mine would be 30 some hours completing Mother 3, since I decided to get all the rare items which have a 3% drop chance each.  :scoots:  I think Fallout New Vegas is going to take me longer though since I've already hit the 25 hour mark and I don't think I'm even halfway done with the game.  :lol:

About 12 years. It took me about 12 years to finally beat Ocarina of Time. Yeah, that is sad, I know. The main reason I never beat it before was because I would always get stuck at a specific point, then by the time I could figure it out, something would happen to my copy of the game. I owned the game at least 3 or 4 times. Then I got Ocarina of Time 3D and I made it my absolute goal to finally beat the game, and I did. So yay. :3 

Xenoblade Chronicles- over 100 hours

Tales of Symphonia- around 80 hours

Persona 4- 70 hours

MGSV- 70 hours

And probably tons more, I love long games. This isn't even counting multiplayer/endless type games... :please:

I took me about 800 hours to finish Skyrim and I still think there are stuff that I haven't seen or quests I haven't completed.  I'd probably spend more time playing Fallout 4.

It took me months to finish Gyakuten Kenji 1 and 2. (Ace Attorney Investigations 1 and 2)

Mostly,cause I abandoned them and came back to them after 2-4 months.

Edited by Mystery

Not counting games I put down then came back to later, Persona 3 FES took me close to 80 hours to complete over several months, and that was just the main story! If I strived to complete the compendium and played The Answer as well, I'm guessing it would have taken me 100+ hours.