Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Least Favorite Final Boss in a Video Game?

One-Punch Man

Fallout 3 for obvious reasons... he's armorless. I expected a huge super mutant or something, maybe a super mutant dragon in enclave armor (One CAN dream!), but nope, all I got was an asshole who I wanted to kill badly armorless. If you're going to make Autumn the last boss, at least give him some boosted power armor or something!

Also, as much as I love the game, Fire Emblem Binding Blade. Idenn/Idoun was a huge letdown. Roy soloed her in one hit; and he was of average stats. Hell, my Fa is weaker than usual and she could've taken down Idenn in a turn or two, probably one with a dance refresh.

I'd have to go with bowser from Super Mario Sunshine just because of how disappointing the fight was for me. I was expecting bowser to move around and be more of an active threat, kind of like how he was in super mario 64. But he just sat in his bathtub the whole time, the biggest threat being homing bullet bills.

Not one of Bowser's proudest moments.

• Brohoof 1

MGS3 Snake Eater Spoilers

I thought the last couple of bosses at the end of the game (Colonel Volgan and The Boss) to be the final ones. But then the young pretty boy Ocelot had to get one final d-d-d-duel (thats a Yu-Gi-Oh reference right? :blink: ). I knew I wasn't going to kill him or he hurts me to a point were I push him out of the plane at the last second or something. It was an interesting boss fight but it wasn't my favorite because I was hoping that Volgan or Boss was the final one. I stayed up till 4 in the morning trying to beat Volgan alone. Ocelot was pretty stubborn when he was younger.

Slight MGS5 spoiler

I did giggle when they referenced what Big Boss taught Ocelot in one of the Mother Base cut scenes.

• Brohoof 1

Rayquaza from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team gameboy game. 

100 (or 200 I forget) dungeon floors, constantly taking damage from violent hail, constantly losing health with no way to prevent it... by the time you reach the boss level with Rayquaza, you're already down to half health with barely any heal items left in your inventory. Not to mention the fact that enemy pokemons all flew over the dungeon walls often leaving you incapable of even touching them as they attacked you from afar and hit you from the safety of their walls. Took me hours to finally beat it, I cried after the sad end-game sequence :(

It's not my least favorite because it was so challenging, it was my least favorite because it was so damn time consuming. Epic, though.

Edited by Crimsonn
  • Brohoof 2

Red Faction: Whatever that woman's name is. Beat that game many, many times, and I still can't remember any of the characters' names because they're all so unmemorable. Especially the grand finale- she uses the same shield as the only other boss guy earlier on, but now you have much better weapons. Two shots and done, then perform the world's calmest bomb-diffusal and you're done. Such a let down for such an interesting game...Though the 'mutant' enemies and plotline were utter rubbish. Rebellion was really cool though.

Crysis (1/2/3): My favourite series of all time. Way too much time spent on both campaign and MP, and I regret none of it. But their final bosses? Utter rubbish after such a tense, powerful game. First one looks like it's gonna be an incredible boss fight- big exoskeleton dude who wrecked half the army has mounted your aircraft carrier and nearly everyone is evac'd or dead. There's a nuclear storm wracking the air. You take up a minigun and railgun and fight long and hard, slowly blowing his armour off and eventually destroying him. You think all is well and fine. Triumph at last- but not for long. Then, the true final boss appears...And you wait for him to come into range, auto-target him, shoot, kill the few enemies that spawn, then repeat. I don't remember him even attacking. Crysis 2 was mildly better in that the last fight on NYC's own Angel Island, after an incredible battle across the city against man and beast, where even the bad guys join the cause and it's all glorious and you're the spearhead of an enormous army racing against a nuclear strike from the Pentagon. You fight through hordes of the toughest enemies, destroy their enormous generator thingies, then you reach the final tower and...Oh...It's...4 enemies. Tough, fast, stealthable enemies, yes, but nothing your godly array of weaponry can't destroy in a second or two, even on supersoldier difficulty. Such a letdown after such a good level. And finally, Crysis 3...Not as good as 1 or 2, in my opinion- just tried way too hard to be something new and ended up being alright, not amazing. Final boss is...A drill? A three-headed, glowing drill that occasionally speaks to you? I don't even know. It was an easy, boring fight that would have felt much more at home in a sonic-esque platformer. And that disappointment of a boss was the end of the series, which blows. 

Darksiders 2: You fight tougher, cooler, and scarier enemies throughout the entire game- why is the last boss a little arena match between you and someone slightly weaker than you? By the point, you've mastered dodging and it's an absolute cakewalk. Not the boss I was looking for after literally travelling to hell and back. Not to mention heaven and earth.

I would have to go with the Ender Dragon in Minecraft. When it was initially released, I was expecting an epic battle. Needless to say though, the battle was underwhelming and posed no challenge at all, especially since it only had one attack which was to swoop down on the player.

However, there are some updates being applied to the Ender Dragon in the upcoming 1.9 update and with the nerf of golden apples and the change in the dragon's attack patterns, the battle may be tougher and provide a more rewarding experience.

I'm gonna go with Ursula in Kingdom Hearts...not only was the Atlantica level annoying (So Annoying that it was an optional level in KH2) the boss battle was hard, time consuming, and just an eyesore to look at. Now in all fairness compared to other games, it's really not that bad...Kingdom hearts is still one of my favourite games of all time, but with every great game, comes at least one imperfect level.

The final boss from Legend of Zelda skyward sword..... Way too easy, and not too memorable.

I could never even get past the swarms of enemies to get down to where Ghirahim is in that game. >.<

Plastro from Sarges war or the brute from halo 2... i also thought that the poison ivy fight was pretty garbage in arkham even though it wasn't the final boss and  the last boss fight from the game gun was terrible.

Every single boss you kill in a QTE Fary cry's Vas and Hyot Dead light's final boss, companies that do that crap can f*ck right off out of the industry, unless there's something really good and captivating about it, not all QTE's are bad but your ENTIRE FINAL BOSS FIGHT!? -.- Hours of game play and all you have to do is press X to win.

My least favorite Boss?  :o

Make the Question, my least favorite entire Villain army of something and Silent Hill 2 is the winner !

I was disappointed with all the enemies. Pyramid Head looks kinda dumb for me, all the other enemies look like humans...great...and the final boss is a joke.

I really felt pranked and trolled after the end of this game  -_-

Thats the only game i can think off, who i was disappointed with and hated the boss levels that much.

I could probably write an essay on the topic. haha Sooo many Bosses that I disliked going up against, but not necessarily because they're bad.

One off the top of my head is the Dark Queen from Battletoads

btoads.png

The game's already hard as heck. This boss can be pretty tricky. She isn't fast. She just kinda floats around, but if you get caught, it could be an instant kill when she starts kicking.

And remember, this is the final boss of an already super hard game meaning you're not going to have that many lives, so essentially you better not mess up once. 

The Dark Queen is way to stressful. Bosses need a balance of difficulty and fairness to be one of my favorites. A feeling of satisfaction should be felt after beating them. With the Dark Queen, it's so stressful, I don't even feel good after beating her. I'm just left feeling like I've shortened my life span by a couple weeks. 

Also, King K. Rool from Donkey Kong 64 I'm also not too fond of.

9kJCNUs.png

I don't like endurance final boss fights because it always ends up being a matter of trial and error, inching forward a bit, dying, starting all over again, making it a little farther, dying, and just repeating that process like 7, 10 times until you have it memorized down so well that it isn't even difficult anymore. The difficulty comes from the patience one must have to memorize every pattern of every stage of the final boss. 

I'm not fond of that. Like Battletoads, great game, but I don't look forward to the boss fights. 

Edited by pollo20x6

Ganon(OOT).

400px-LOZ_OOT_Ganon_Artwork.png

This had to be the most laughable final boss in the game, it wasn't even challenging to defeat him, nonetheless worth it. I actually felt sorry for him(Yes, I said it!).

@. Hey there Soos. Since the subject of your topic is about bosses in video games, I'm moving it to the media discussion thread :)

Other than giant space fleas (looking at you, Sidoh from Dragon Quest II, the final boss in Super Contra for the NES and Necron from Final Fantasy IX), my least favourite is Ganon from the first Zelda game. His fireballs are easy to dodge and he's taken down very quickly with just four Magic Sword hits and a silver arrow. Considering what you had to go through, the fight still feels like a major letdown.

Edited by Kelldrick
  • Brohoof 1

My pic is the Alien Queen from Aliens Colonel Marines. This is probably one of the least exciting boss fights ever all I had to do was press three buttons and won a boss battle it was completely pointless and required zero skill took me less than a minute to win

The hospital final fight in The Last of Us.

Dragons in Dragon Age 2, and that golem in Deep Roads, I swear to god! Easier with Mage Hawke.

Other than giant space fleas (looking at you, Sidoh from Dragon Quest II, the final boss in Super Contra for the NES and Necron from Final Fantasy IX), my least favourite is Ganon from the first Zelda game. His fireballs are easy to dodge and he's taken down very quickly with just four Magic Sword hits and a silver arrow. Considering what you had to go through, the fight still feels like a major letdown.

Ah yes, Necron! Cheeky bugger.