Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Concert You've Been To

El Duderino

Seeing the Boston Symphony Orchestra has been my favourite experience by far. It is what inspired me to learn an instrument (or several), and where my love of classical music began.

Edited by Wubtavia
  • Brohoof 1

Recently saw the Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes, like 2 weeks ago. Believe me, it was by far one of the best nights of my life, seeing my favourite band :yay: They played all their best stuff, and Dave Grohl really knows how to be a frontman :P

• Brohoof 1

I saw Machine Head live in concert a year ago. It was an amazing experience. Seeing one of my favourite bands and meeting them later (!!!!!!) truly enthralled me, quite literally too, because I almost passed out towards the end of the show because the humidity was unreal. Their lead guitarist gave me a free bottle of water and a guitar pick shortly after the show.

• Brohoof 1

Gerard Way - Hesitant Alien Tour. It was the BEST concert ever and it was just so.. Perfect in every way. I've been to plenty of concerts, but Gerard's has still provided the best one yet. It was brilliant!

Edited by darkwingmare

Went to a Social Distortion concert when I was 8.

Lucky you I had an opportunity to see them back in August but missed it... car broke down. One of my favorite bands of all time. Saw Flogging Molly in the Summer though. 

Best concert def. seeing Iron Maiden & Alice Cooper back in 2012 with my best friend. Best day ever honestly. Then right after stumbled upon this place.

• Brohoof 2

Lucky you I had an opportunity to see them back in August but missed it... car broke down. One of my favorite bands of all time. Saw Flogging Molly in the Summer though. 

Best concert def. seeing Iron Maiden & Alice Cooper back in 2012 with my best friend. Best day ever honestly. Then right after stumbled upon this place.

You like Maiden and Cooper? So do I.

• Brohoof 1

I saw Machine Head live in concert a year ago. It was an amazing experience. Seeing one of my favourite bands and meeting them later (!!!!!!) truly enthralled me, quite literally too, because I almost passed out towards the end of the show because the humidity was unreal. Their lead guitarist gave me a free bottle of water and a guitar pick shortly after the show.

Saw and met them this past January as well.  And you got a pick and a water bottle from Phil Demmel? Sic bruh.

They're hitting up the states again next month. 

Earlier in the year, I saw Nightwish live with Delain and Sabaton as supporting acts. I mean, it's one of the only concerts I've been to but that doesn't make it any less amazing.

Me and the family will try to see Nightwish/Delain next year. They appear to be the only metal acts we can all get behind. Parents and bro will get balcony seats. I'll get the pit. Sadly Sabaton won't be on the bill. They'll be too busy doing another headlining tour of Europe. But I did see them twice last year, first with Iced Earth (whom got absolutely upstaged) and then with Amon Amarth (only Vikings could hold their own w/ Sabaton).

To answer the question, that's a tough call. Several that would make nominations would be:

Gigantour 2013: Megadeth w/ Black Label Society, Device, Hellyeah, Newstead & Death Division. I probably reflect well on this one cause, not only was it a great show, but was a good period in my life. Had my first job, a job I really liked. And I went to my first Bronycon a week or two later, which was a life affirming trip from start to finish. 

Summer Nationals 20th Anniversary Tour: The Offspring w/ Bad Religion & Stiff Little Fingers. My first punk show. The openers were alright. Punk isn't totally my thing but I enjoyed what I heard.  Then The Offspring came on. And they played the Smash album in it's entirety. My parents played that album when I was just a kid. I was blanking out on what the songs were, but once they started playing each song, I remembered the lyrics like that! A very fun show. 

Lamb Of God w/ Killswtich Engage, Testament & Huntress: This whole night was an adventure. I got to meet the boys in Testament (Chuck Billy is freakin huge!), got to meet Jill Janus of Huntress, who thoroughly impressed me, and by sheer chance met a lady who had VIP passes to meet the boys in Lamb of God. $20 of gas money later and I was in. All the dudes were super chill. Talked to frontman Randy Blythe about appearing on VH1 classic's That Metal Show. What happens 2 months later? Randy & drummer Chris Adler are on TMS! That, and the shwo kicked tons of ass too. 

Cavelera Conspiracy w/ Death Angel, King Hitter and Lody Kong: Corrosion Of Conformity was supposed to play too, but they skipped our date. Btu that gave Death Angle the opportunity to step up from main support, to co-headliner. Arguably the best live thrash act today. The Caveleras new how to work the crowd. Tons of songs from, their history in Sepultura. Best of all, I got to meet Mark Osegueda from Death Angel afetr the show, and got VIP passes to meet the Cavelera Brothers on their bus! Awesome dudes. Best Birthday present ever! 

• Brohoof 2

• 6 years later...

Okay I have a few new answers from the past six and a half years. 

-Sabaton w/ Kreator & Cyrha: Finally, a headlining show with Sabaton. And they brought German Thrash legends Kreator with them. Now there's a pairing I never knew I wanted. And they brought Amaranthe/In Flames super-group Cyrha with them who kicked things off in style and got over with the crowd right away. Kreator are up there with Death Angel as the best live thrash band and Sabaton know how to throw a party. Also the venue I went to was much nicer than my usual retreat. 

-Neighhem fest: Two of my favorite things, MLP and heavy metal coming together in one place. Bronies know how to mosh and that little club in Baltimore could barely hold Bronycon's pit heavy after party. Shout out to the fur suiter who moshed through half the set in the type of muggy summer heat that only Maryland could give. We went out with a bang. 

-Judas Priest & Sabaton: Finally got to see the legends and did so in a comfy amphitheater. And they delivered let me tell you. They're legendary discography doesn't do their live performances justice. And oh yeah, Sabaton gave them a good run for their money with a bunch of new tracks and a tank on stage! 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Nothing will top seeing both Iron Maiden & Alice Cooper in 2012 together. Iron Maiden on their 7th Son of a 7th Son's tour was nothing short of amazing.

Was lucky enough to see AC/DC in 2009 with the machine Malcolm Young that is the 2nd best concert I've ever been too.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I've been to concert of band Insomnium in year 2019 and that was one insane experience. The crowd was flawless - very active, but also mindful of what's going on, playing was very tight, overall... I really need to see them live again... and this time get autographs and make sure all of my friends get a day off on day after

Overall metal concerts are just too much fun and I have to go to more of them!

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

Goodness I've been to so many concerts from small club shows to stadium arenas and it's hard to narrow it down to just one.
However! I can say my favorite concert this year was Pearl Jam when they came to Fresno back in May where they played almost every track
from their iconic album "Ten" with all original members including drummer Dave Krusen. 

Probably something that will never happen again from Pearl Jam IMO. But definitely a special concert this year