Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Deleted Scene from Friendship Games

M'gann M'orzz

This leak happened earlier today but I have seen no threads on it here. Anyway it's a very different version of "whats More is Out There" which apparently was originally a duet between Twilight and Sunset. Sunsets part is all about her missing Equestria and still feeling purposeless and out of place, which would of been an interesting sub plot but maybe not one they would really have the time to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scMJKx9vSB8

There it be, hopefully it doesn't get taken down.

• Brohoof 12

Although this movie was great, I can't understand why this version was sliced off. This duet would've been icing on the cake. Or maybe i'm just begging for more Sunset and Twilight interaction.  ^_^

• Brohoof 6

WHAT?! Why would they cut this out? Did they not have enough time to animate it? :confused:

Though I will admit. Sunset's voice sounds a little off, not sure why. I still really like it though.

• Brohoof 1

Although this movie was great, I can't understand why this version was sliced off. This duet would've been icing on the cake. Or maybe i'm just begging for more Sunset and Twilight interaction.  ^_^

Time probably, if they introduced this sub-plot they'd have to follow up on it, and if they didn't then it would be pointless.

• Brohoof 1

I got goosebumps from this!! xD Hopefully they bring back this kind of plot for the next Equestria Girl's movie,if they make one...

That could be the reason they cut it; they liked the idea of Sunset missing home, and decided to run with that plot in the next movie.

SciTwi and Sunset will be going to the same school next movie..hopefully something great will come of it.

• Brohoof 3

Time probably, if they introduced this sub-plot they'd have to follow up on it, and if they didn't then it would be pointless.

Yeah, fair point. Didn't think of it that way. 

They should've postponed the movie till they put this in D: It would have made it just right

I know. Still, can't say I could wait much longer. I can be impatient from time to time.  :derp:

I LOVED the extra parts that were apparently never to be. Who knows? Maybe if they're Rarity-grade generous there will be a special box set in the future with finished deleted scenes like this. I have a dream~!  :icwudt:

I know. Still, can't say I could wait much longer. I can be impatient from time to time.  :derp:

I LOVED the extra parts that were apparently never to be. Who knows? Maybe if they're Rarity-grade generous there will be a special box set in the future with finished deleted scenes like this. I have a dream~!  :icwudt:

It was released on the 26th right? (Last time i looked on the wiki it was) Which is the exact day my birthday was i was through the roof with excitement

I share the dream with you friend BUT till then i'll keep downloading from youtube.

Which is the exact day my birthday was i was through the roof with excitement

Well that's awesome! And a late happy birthday!  :pinkie:

I watched the movie when it streamed on release. I'll be getting a physical copy when it comes out in a week as well. As for these bonus scenes...all I can do is enjoy them if/when they are released/leaked/whatever.  :P

Sunset's singing voice:  :D

• Brohoof 1

I honestly would have loved this as a subplot, maybe. Though, I guess I would have ended up disappointed because I actually would love to see Sunset in actual FiM and this could be a start to such a thing. You never know. Curse you time constraints!!

• Brohoof 1

As much as I loved the Friendship Games, this animatic should've really been completed, rather than replaced with footage solely from Sci-Twi's point of view. Hopefully they cover Sunset's point of view in the next movie.

• Brohoof 3

What Sub Plot? The song is just character development. Human Twilight is not the only one trying to figure out what to do with her life, but Sunset Shimmer as well.

The song wasn't about Sunset Shimmer being homesick and wanting to return to Equestria (she makes it clear that she is at home now). The song is (the part of Sunset Shimmer, that is) about her not knowing what the next step in her life is supposed to be.

• Brohoof 1

Hey Hasbro...HOW ABOUT A FREAKING SUB PLOT ABOUT THE SIRENS!!!

..............im so butt hurt they are just being one-and-done....and now there gonna be forgotten thanks to the new movies Waifus...

I WONT FORGET YOU ADAGIO!

• Brohoof 2

This leak happened earlier today but I have seen no threads on it here. Anyway it's a very different version of "whats More is Out There" which apparently was originally a duet between Twilight and Sunset. Sunsets part is all about her missing Equestria and still feeling purposeless and out of place, which would of been an interesting sub plot but maybe not one they would really have the time to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scMJKx9vSB8

There it be, hopefully it doesn't get taken down.

The art is so cute!

I still haven't seen the movie though...nor have I seen Rainbow Rocks. I'm kind of neutral towards the EG series.

The art is so cute!

I still haven't seen the movie though...nor have I seen Rainbow Rocks. I'm kind of neutral towards the EG series.

YOU NEED to watch RR and FG, period. I "get" how your not into it, alot of bronies are anti-EQ. So no hate, no judgement i get it...that said, these films are amazing...plus...ADAGIO! Watch RR for her at least....those hips dont lie!

• Brohoof 1

I love this song, it's so much better than the trimmed down version in the final movie. I love how the song just gradually increases in tempo. I also love how parallel Twilights and Sunsets verses are, and how Twilight's grows more hopeful, while Sunsets grows more somber. It's a very interesting song, and you can tell a lot of thought was put into it. Twilights lines alone are very prophetic of both her eventual journey into the magic of friendship, as well as how she will meet Pony Twilight in the credits scene. 

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1