Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Notice Tara Strong Is Very Political?

GXPBlast

On 11/11/2016 at 6:21 AM, Twiggy said:

Yes. Yes she does. Responded to one of her tweets about gun control one time, and she argued back. Wound up blocking me for some reason.

I wasn't even rude to her lol.

It really is disheartening to see this kind of behavior from her so late in FIM's run. I'm still appreciative that Tara gave life to Twilight Sparkle. Her work on MLP, along with the rest of the cast, made the show so enjoyable to watch, it brought me close to my niece. I don't think we'd have anything else to connect with if it hadn't been for FIM's very existence, with all the talent put into it.

But as a supporter of gun rights, I can tell she's not somebody I can get along with. I'm sorry to say it, but I just can't get behind an SJW who doesn't give a shit about my right to self-preservation no matter good a VA she is. The second amendment was written for a very specific reason, and if she honestly thinks that it was to make us all into psychopathic killers with a desire to go shooting up schools, she's not only oblivious to world history; she's morally bankrupt. Who is she to demonize people like my late father, and 40% of the American population like this? For fuck sake, she's Jewish. She's quick to retaliate against anti semitic remarks, yet she denounces the very weapons that could have protected her own people from the Third Reich? I can't understand her.

If she has any involvement with G5, then this last season of FIM will spell the last of my time invested in this franchise. Any pony merch my niece wants as a birthday present from that point on will not be coming from me.

• Brohoof 3

World doesn't need anymore people like her, using high social position to force agendas and ideologies on people.

Can't she just be herself? I'm pretty sure people like that aren't that vocal about some crappy politics with their family or friends it is just disgusting.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:21 AM, KillerKingBakudan said:

It really is disheartening to see this kind of behavior from her so late in FIM's run. I'm still appreciative that Tara gave life to Twilight Sparkle. Her work on MLP, along with the rest of the cast, made the show so enjoyable to watch, it brought me close to my niece. I don't think we'd have anything else to connect with if it hadn't been for FIM's very existence, with all the talent put into it.

But as a supporter of gun rights, I can tell she's not somebody I can get along with. I'm sorry to say it, but I just can't get behind an SJW who doesn't give a shit about my right to self-preservation no matter good a VA she is. The second amendment was written for a very specific reason, and if she honestly thinks that it was to make us all into psychopathic killers with a desire to go shooting up schools, she's not only oblivious to world history; she's morally bankrupt. Who is she to demonize people like my late father, and 40% of the American population like this? For fuck sake, she's Jewish. She's quick to retaliate against anti semitic remarks, yet she denounces the very weapons that could have protected her own people from the Third Reich? I can't understand her.

If she has any involvement with G5, then this last season of FIM will spell the last of my time invested in this franchise. Any pony merch my niece wants as a birthday present from that point on will not be coming from me.

I very much agree with you. I have seen people (I'm not one of them) on the internet referred to her as "Tarda Strong"  instead of Tara Strong because of her making a fool of herself on Twitter. 

I have a idea. If some famous person (like Tara Strong) is completely obsessed with a politician (like Donald Trump), and they keep doing nothing but bashing the politician over and over again, then I think people should start drawing pictures of the famous person and the politician (that the famous person hates) making out with each other, and then the drawings should be posted on the famous person's Twitter account for them to see.

So I think that someone should draw a picture of Tara Strong making out with Donald Trump, and then they should post it to her Twitter account for her to see.

I do hate Donald Trump, but I don't keep constantly bashing him over and over again like how these famous people do on their Twitter accounts. These famous people say the same stuff everyday about him on their Twitter accounts, so it's impossible to follow them on Twitter as a result. 

1 hour ago, Manaka Hitomi said:

World doesn't need anymore people like her, using high social position to force agendas and ideologies on people.

Can't she just be herself? I'm pretty sure people like that aren't that vocal about some crappy politics with their family or friends it is just disgusting.

A lot of people just don't have a life outside of their own profession. And that's exactly the problem with the left. They see people as a potential asset, or as an obstacle to be removed. Even if you tell them you just want to concentrate on improving things in your personal life, they won't leave you alone until you've accepted their ideology.

I learned this the hard way; I had this co-worker who used to crush on me. At first, she seemed to be the kind of person I'd want to go out with... except I couldn't talk to her without hearing some badgering request to post signs all over the city rallying support for Bernie Sanders. I couldn't post blogs on Facebook about the SJW scumbags I dealt with at work without her getting on my case. She tried to use shame tactics on me whenever I voiced my disdain for the gun-grabbing politicians. Hell, I should have cut her off the minute she told me she had a history of getting arrested at protests. She was just like Tara Strong. In her mind, disagreeing with her talking points automatically makes you a bad person. Especially if you're caucasian, because then that makes you every white stereotype in the book. Typical leftist mentality right there.

And thanks to California's failed education system, I'm surrounded every day by people who think like this. This state's nothing but a communist toilet bowl now. We've got some of the worst crime and poverty rates, the worst housing market, and the biggest homeless population. And it's all further exacerbated by the social climate. It's a fucking joke, because NOBODY here can think for themselves anymore. They just want to blame everyone else for their problems. And any time you say something important, no matter how well researched, all they do is get offended and try to shut down your right to free speech. It's the kind of conditioning that any tyrannical government would want.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

A lot of people just don't have a life outside of their own profession. And that's exactly the problem with the left. They see people as a potential asset, or as an obstacle to be removed. Even if you tell them you just want to concentrate on improving things in your personal life, they won't leave you alone until you've accepted their ideology.

i didnt realize things were that bad if there really are people like that it is just insane. It would seem more realistic if they were just hiding themselves behind these agendas that they push because they are afraid of themselves and with these ideologies they can "stand up" to people and make themselves feel superior to other people shortly they just cannot accept themselves for who they are and they search the answer in those agendas and ideologies that are easy for them to get behind and leverage them above other people.

but all that is still giving them some self identity that they are hiding behind but i hadn't even thought that it maybe has gone on for so long that they are no longer aware that they actually are individual human beings who can decide things on themselves. Sounds more like they are some kind of husks controlled by the hive mind that is the society and people in high social positions that are pushing those mindsets on people.

I mean i personally dont find any reason why someone like that would even be alive  anywhere. I think what defines a person is their sense of self and how they utilize that in the society but if a person is lost their self and becomes one of those husks it is hard to believe such thing even is possible can those beings even be called humans anymore? What are they?

I honestly want to believe that they are just doing this because they are afraid/insecure about themselves and their position in the society and want to feel stronger on using those agendas that they see that people who they think are stronger than them use just. A self defense mechanism so to speak because they cannot accept themselves they fear that people around them wont accept them either.

it is actually very common in todays society people are just putting on an act even in front of their families and friends and it really is draining them emotionally and psychologically. They just grow further and further away from their self and at some point they cannot distinguish themselves anymore.

But to go so far to destroy your own self entirely i dont know if that is even possible. And part of me doesnt even want to believe that.

5 hours ago, Manaka Hitomi said:

i didnt realize things were that bad if there really are people like that it is just insane. It would seem more realistic if they were just hiding themselves behind these agendas that they push because they are afraid of themselves and with these ideologies they can "stand up" to people and make themselves feel superior to other people shortly they just cannot accept themselves for who they are and they search the answer in those agendas and ideologies that are easy for them to get behind and leverage them above other people.

Individualism and free thinking isn't part of their doctrine. As much as they like to preach to us about racism and homophobia, and respecting the individual's liberties, liberals can't operate without playing identity politics and grouping everybody into categories. Including themselves, because otherwise their perception of the world falls apart. Which is why they feel threatened by anyone presenting them with facts. If you're not aligned with their position on any topic, they'll simply treat you as an "oppressor" and attack you until you've been discredited.

And you don't even have to be a Conservative to fit that label. I'm a Libertarian, and I still can't talk to these people without them calling me a fucking bigot of some kind. I can assure you that if I decided to run for president, and I had the funding to make myself known on national TV, the liberals would do everything in their power to shut me up. By painting me as a racist, and any other vile crap they can think of in an endless smear campaign to make me look like the most unfit human being to run the country. This happens in every election because that's literally ALL they ever talk about. This constant harassment towards non-conformist groups is exactly how they've managed to keep the country divided. It's also why they don't give a shit whose rights are being affected with some of the policies they're planning to put into legislation.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

For my taste show staff and entertainment people in general are way too political.
I have tried to follow them on Twitter, expecting insights but all I got is low tier signalling and slacktivism.
I understand they have to do that to stay in their jobs but hey, I had more fun having my tooth removed than that.

I just ignore them so I can still enjoy the show without their political larping. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

https://mobile.twitter.com/tarastrong/status/970349368564891648

https://mobile.twitter.com/tarastrong/status/1005512257441153026

Tara Strong has been insulting mentally ill people on Twitter a lot.

This is horrible of her, saying that psychotic people should lose their rights.

I have a friend who is psychotic and she would never go out and attack people and she is not crazy.

This is what psychotic means.

Psychotic means relating to, denoting, or suffering from a psychosis

Psychotic" does not equal "crazy", "deranged", "dangerous" or "insane". End the stigma attached to mental illness.

As for Tara Strong, she's just so horrible and disgusting, insults and hurts her OWN FANS, stereotypes/attacks people who need help and support, and acts like everyone who disagrees with her political views is an inhuman monster. B-|

While I think any ableism in this case can be put down more to ignorance than malice, you are right that her treatment of those that have differing opinions than her is very disappointing.

But I’ve found this true of many “stars”. I wish most of them would just keep it to themselves and make their opinions known at the polls.

On the other hand, polite discourse between dissenting opinions is a fundamental right, whether you’re famous or not. The problem is, it’s never very polite.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

She's not necessarily targeting people that are mentally ill. But she's very clearly directing her animosity towards 2nd amendment supporters. And for that, I say she isn't worth pissing on. Does she give one iota of a fuck that disarming the Jews is exactly what made the Holocaust possible? And every other mass genocide in the last 100 years? Obviously not. I could care less if DHX fired her on the spot for these stupid assed tweets. Rebecca Shoichet does a good Twilight impression. Let them recast HER as Twi. Then the rest of us won't have to struggle at separating the art from the artist.

• Brohoof 2

I dont really like how people who are in a position where they have lot of following for various reasons, use their personal social media accounts to push political propaganda and ideologies i think its pretty disgusting. I mean they are free to do what ever they want but it feels like they are abusing their position and using it as a way to push more of those ideologies and propaganda. 

I dont really think they would act like that in front of their friends and family or if they had zero followers on that account. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, psychotic people do lose some of their rights when they get admitted into the closed ward of a psychiatric institution, and I'm pretty sure they are not allowed to possess firearms.

That said, I do believe Tara is just talking out of her ass like many upper class social media frequenting individuals often do. Perhaps she doesn't even know the difference between psychopaths and people with a psychosis. Somebody should mansplain it to her. But in the end, this is just another case of famous nobodies throwing words at people they don't agree with.

P.S: Try empathy. Try kindness. Try intelligence. Try labeling people as psychotic. Works every time.

31 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Well, psychotic people do lose some of their rights when they get admitted into the closed ward of a psychiatric institution, and I'm pretty sure they are not allowed to possess firearms.

Depends on the State. In Florida you would lose your ability to purchase a gun in some situations if you were involuntarily committed to a crisis center for mental health. Whether or not that should be the case is debatable, but generally you are correct. 

I do give some people a pass on this sort of language because of the emotions that surround a few of the high profile shootings. Teens and kids dying can invite blind rage and anger. 

• Brohoof 2

Probably going to catch a lot of flak for this, but I fully agree with her. She's not using the phrase 'psychotic' to refer to an actual psychosis but to a bunch of lunatics who seem to believe that guns are the best thing since sliced bread despite near daily shootings. And I also agree that giving someone with a mental illness a gun is a monumentally stupid idea, although I sincerely hope background checks are done to prevent exactly that from happening in legal stores.

Aside from that, why wouldn't she give her opinion on her own Twitter? Millions of people do exactly that and it's basically what the platform is meant for. Should she just never voice an opinion on anything just because she's well known? If so, maybe someone should tell Trump.

I'd like to say more, really, but I can't without breaking any rules, so I'll just leave it at that.

• Brohoof 3

I love Tara's acting, but it's getting harder and harder for me to like her as a person. I have no problem with her expressing her political opinions, but I do have a problem with how she expresses them. At least Andrea Libman is smart enough to stay away from such topics, because she knows the crap that comes with it. 

• Brohoof 2

Glad I don't give a shit to social media, nor celebs' personal lives :mlp_icwudt:. I'm not entirely happy of her aggressive and hostile spread of her political agenda.

3 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

She's not necessarily targeting people that are mentally ill. But she's very clearly directing her animosity towards 2nd amendment supporters. And for that, I say she isn't worth pissing on. Does she give one iota of a fuck that disarming the Jews is exactly what made the Holocaust possible? And every other mass genocide in the last 100 years? Obviously not. I could care less if DHX fired her on the spot for these stupid assed tweets. Rebecca Shoichet does a good Twilight impression. Let them recast HER as Twi. Then the rest of us won't have to struggle at separating the art from the artist.

I like the second amendment, but we can't ignore the amount of school shooting we have lately. I think there's a good argument towards a more strict second amendment, not to mention being more cautious with mentally ill people being close to them. I express that because because I think most people underestimate the power of modern firearms, and how easy is to kill people with them. Forget super powers, forget magic, forget psychic powers, forget all those powerful and flashy fictional doomsday plot devices; guns are FAR closer to those than you think. I know because I'm a bit of a gun nut. My dad's military career was a blessing in regards of trying every kind of sweet toys. I've shot everything but a recoiless rifle. I'VE EVEN THROWN A PAIR OF LIVE HAND GRENADES :mlp_blink:. However, first thing my dad taught me was proper manipulation and safety, and he was not playing around with those, and he got fuck-ass pissed when my brother broke the rule. I also have a story of mental illness that came after, and it was growing more and more dangerous as the years passed. Got depression, and with that cane, anger, then hate, then a desire for revenge, and I was getting closer to actually commit murder with the very same tools I got so good at using. At my breaking point, when my parents where killed, I had to give away every single gun my dad owned. However, in my attempt to reach my vengeful goal of killing at least two examples of human scum before I was killed myself, turns out one of the handguns was my dad's service gun.... and my plans for easy vengeance where gone poof. Point is, I'm not about abolishing the second amendment, and the right to get guns, but to make more restrictive. Back when the second amendment was signed, they had powerful, but inaccurate and a slow weapons, which could take about a minute for every shot; now, we got guns as powerful, but faster and more accurate, making them godly devices compared to the ones back in the day, and sometimes it takes just a bad day before corpses start appearing

Tara and the rest of the others should know when dealing with guns violence,  you first need gun control. Control the gun, control the people. 

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

Depends on the State. In Florida you would lose your ability to purchase a gun in some situations if you were involuntarily committed to a crisis center for mental health. Whether or not that should be the case is debatable, but generally you are correct. 

I do give some people a pass on this sort of language because of the emotions that surround a few of the high profile shootings. Teens and kids dying can invite blind rage and anger. 

Emotions do not give validity to social media flailing. One would call this drama. Not me. This is comedy and she is a useful clown screaming nonsense in the wake of carefully selected tragedies. Now, I don't want to police them. I just want to mock them like a toxic person I am.

P.S: Seriously, stop merging threads while I'm writing!

She is probabally taking a Temper Tantrum because the show is getting scrapped and she did not get the part in the MLP G5 upcomming sries.

That Diva is Stupid as a Stick, banning Guns will not solve the Problem.  Besides People with an obsession to kill never follow gun ban laws. DUH.

Not Everyone is going to be friends like in the fantasy show she plays in,

we need to earn each others respect. and Follow the Laws of Country,

people with disabilities are not the problem, most disabled people are quite harmless, and if given the chance, they are nice people to be around.

true you have some mental disorder crazies out there, however not everyone with mental disorders are crazy.

because truth ever individual is unique and different in their own special way.

29 minutes ago, TBD said:

Tara and the rest of the others should know when dealing with guns violence,  you first need gun control. Control the gun, control the people. 

That is ironic since when do people with an obsession to kill follow gun restrictions or bans..

1 hour ago, RaphLuna said:

That is ironic since when do people with an obsession to kill follow gun restrictions or bans..

That's one of the classic excuse for "no gun control"..

But i would to hear more from your side by commenting here, since technically this is not a right place to talk about gun control in depth. 

1 hour ago, RaphLuna said:

she did not get the part in the MLP G5 upcomming sries.

wait..she's not voicing  for twilight??:lostit: any reason why?

Just now, TBD said:

That's one of the classic excuse for "no gun control"..

But i would to hear more from your side by commenting here, since technically this is not a right place to talk about gun control in depth. 

The problem in all society is not guns, vans or knives, we had that stuff in our countries in long ago.

It is the decline of moral people in our society and the Increase of Immoral People in Society. Look at France Europe, and even Sweeden. they opened their borders to all walks of life. And what was the Results those Places look like Crap. This is what happens when you let in a Massive wave of Immoral People into your Country.

Donald J Trump was wise to take the need  of secure borders seriously.. He warned these places, they ignored now they look worse that the local Dump in Canada.

would you live your life behind unlocked doors,

Heck No.

well Now you understand what I truly Mean.

• Brohoof 1