Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the Best/Worst thing about this fanbase?

Nylon

In this thread, feel free to express what you like or dislike the most about this fanbase. Now if you come across an opinion on what they think is the best or worst thing about the fanbase, please don't flame war because it's only opinion that is absolutely there's.

Best thing? I would say "people", as I did know some fantastic ones years ago, but while MLP drew us together, we didn't define ourselves by it.

So, ponies, I suppose.

Worst thing? The feels...I don't want these feels.

Edited by Wubtavia

The best thing about the fandom is the wealth of creative contributions its artists have produced.

The worst thing, I'd say, would have to be all of the drama that frequently crops up when discussions get heated.

• Brohoof 1

I like the creativity that it has spawned, from artwork to fanfics, music to animations etc - there is loads out there. 

I couldn't really pick out a worst thing though, I'm not saying that everything is perfect, but it seems to be better than some other fanbases out there.

I guess if push came to shove, I guess some of the overreactions that the fandom has displayed can be a bit grating.

• Brohoof 2

The best and worst thing to me is the community.  There are a lot of awesome people here but then there are those who are just pricks.

This is my answer too. There are many awesome people in this fandom and just as much people who need a good dropkick to the face

Edited by LAZENGANN OVERLOAD
  • Brohoof 5

I guess the best thing and the worst thing in my eyes is the community.

The best thing about this community is the variety. You get people of all races, all ages and all genders, as well as people who are talented at something from art to music. And the community is here to watch a show that they all love. I just love the wide range of people, especially how many of them are welcoming and won't judge you based on who you are. 

But the worst thing within this community is all of this drama. It's a shame to see this much drama, but it's something to expect in a fandom as large as the MLP:FiM fandom. Some people get way too overworked by many little things, from Derpygate and Twilicorn. I know that these two things have been talked to death at this point, but both of these things, as well as a few other drama moments, unfortunately make this community very aggressive and refusing to listen to new things.

• Brohoof 4

Best thing is having lots of friends I've met though the fanbase and MLPF

Worst thing, is when people make some melodrama about the concept of the brony fandom, and act as if it's some religion or something.

I mean the fandoms great but when it gets all "oh the fandom" *faint* it's just annoying. 

• Brohoof 1

The best thing is probably the artwork, and effort put into many of the things bronies create. It is truly amazing to me that a group of people with such talent love this show so much; and it makes me inspired to be a brony, and makes me crave learning how to draw just like them some day.

The worst thing is probably some of the bronies. I use to be on another brony website... and I have never met such a large collection of disrespectful, arrogant, prideful schmucks in my entire life. You have a different opinion, they would beat you over the head with their's; gang up on you..spread drama..it was all so childish. Not ONE nice person on the entire site, and some people told others they were bronies, and then told others they weren't bronies on the SAME site. They constantly called one another autistic, and used outdated memes to smack one another around.  

They made me ashamed to be a brony...thank the lord I found the MLP Forums. xD

Not all bronies are bad, you just gotta avoid the nutty fans that are present with every fandom.

• Brohoof 1

The best thing about this fan bace is the kindness and respect a huge amount of people have :fluttershy:

The worst thing about it is the over-sensitivity and contredictions. And the odd “Bronies” who hate, discriminate and are just plain rude.

• Brohoof 2

I guess that the best thing that is in the forums is the art and all of the nice people !  :fluttershy:

The worst thing in the forums is just that there is plain rude people that don't give a damn about you or your work, they just make fun of you or insult you for minor things!  :(

• Brohoof 1

Best thing: The amazing amount of content and creativity by so many people. Even the crappy stuff. I just love how much people can do when they care about something so much.

Worst thing: When people act like being a fan of MLP is like its own race or sexuality. It's not that big of a deal people. You watch a cartoon with ponies in it, get over yourself.

• Brohoof 2

The best thing about the fanbase is its community

The worst thing about the fanbase is its community

Every community has its ups and downs, from the friendly guys who welcome everyone to the herd, to the people who shove it down people's throats. I guess the point I'm trying to make is some parts of the fandom are amazing, while others... not to much.  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 3

The best parts would be the many creative fan works, from art, to animation, to customs and being able to meet like-minded people and make some new friends you otherwise never would have met.

The worst parts would be the pompous jackasses who consider cartoons to be some kind of high art instead of entertainment, and look into things with a level of detail not even the writers gave to it, sucking out all of the fun and turning a cartoon into an English class assignment.  I really wish these people could go back to arguing about Star Trek so that they can leave cartoons alone. Most of the time I ignore these people, but sometimes you can't really avoid it. Especially when their comments take so long to scroll past.

Then there's the ones that automatically call earlier gens crap even if they've never seen any of the cartoons or had the toys.  Maybe you ought to give something a try before you dismiss it. And do you realize how stupid it sounds to complain about the earlier gens looking like horses and you say you like ponies? Or about how girly the older gens are, when one of the most well-recieved episodes was about a unicorn making dresses for her friends and having a fashion show, and featuring a song about making dresses?

Finally, the worst of all are the people who looked at a cute, sweet cartoon and thought, "I can get off to this."

• Brohoof 3

The best thing would be the quality of fanart sometimes, the worse thing would be the inability to handle criticism.

Best Things: All these fanarts, fan-made animations, fan-made OC like Snowdrop, fan-made music (All-types) and also some good fanfiction. There some good people,too.

Worst Things: Some people who give fandom bad name and image.Also there fictions, arts, animations, music and OCs that I dislikes. There also some bronies that annoyed/upset me. We all have different opitions, and things we like and dislikes but sometime some opitions can be arogants, not all bronies like the same things and do sometime butthurt about it too much, like some dislike Derpy and don't get why people like her.

Edited by Adam Burt

Best thing: all the fan made shit like videos, original music, and awesome artwork.

Worst thing: A lot of bronies get butthurt way too easy (I won't deny, I've been guilty of this a few times.)

Edited by GuyNamedEarl
  • Brohoof 1

The best thing would be the creativity the community has created. The fanfics, original music and artwork. The worst part would be those who can't take critisism, those who can't take hate and those who hate the haters. But overall it's a great community!

Edited by RDBestPony
  • Brohoof 1