Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Creating a MLP RPG game and need people to contribute.

BoomBlocks

Hello my name is BoomBlocks (BANHAMMERxXx) and i am creating a My little pony RPG called The Rein Of Everfree(name is a WIP and will change). And i am asking anyone out in the community if they would like to help me with this BIG project of mine. Don't worry anyone who helps will be cited in the credits.I have had some experience coding in JavaScript but i mostly do the designing part of things like the landscape in a game.I have made a 2-d game before with a team and it went on to competition.I hope lots of people will help me with this project.So good luck and hope to see your guys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story:

Unkown

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am Looking for the following:

Programmer who knows how to use C# an javascript in unity.

Modeler who can use 3ds Max 2013+ And hopefully who can set up rigs for the models.

Animator who can animate in Max or Unity(if that's possible).

Design artist to design logos text and title text.

Storyboard designer.

Audio artist.

Song creator/develeper.

Voice actors:

(More roles but cant figure out which roles.)

Programmer:

-Program inv system:

-Program world loading system(maby not):

-Program Shop inv:

-Program player walking,idle,running,jump,attack,ect... animations into game:

Modeler:

-Create different armor and clothing models that fit base model:

-Create different custom mane and tail styles for base model:

-Rig all models given:

-Create buildings and objects for the landscape:

Animator:

-Animate walking, running, idle, jump, and attacks:

Design artist:

-Need a title splash screen:

-Custom health,mana,and stamina bars:

-Custom GUI:

Storyboard designer:

-Writer:Scion of Arcadia

Voice actors:

--Royal Family

-Shade The Dark: http://i.imgur.com/iMCBZzJ.jpg

-Sorcerus(The main sorcerer where you buy all your Extras and Spells):(image coming soon)

-Queen Mali:

-King Blander:(AppleCore)

-Lynnet Palesea:

-Nathaniel Ambercrow:

--Extras

- Arms dealer: (AppleCore)

-Shop kepper: Artimis Whooves(in processing)

Audio Artist:

-Create sounds in game:

Music Director:

-Someone to create the in game music:

C. Thunder Dash

Content artist:

-R.Q.

Beta Testers:

-MoltenKitten

I thank who ever has joined my efforts to make a epic game for tha MLP community.

All edited/created files will go in to a dropbox account that i will msg you the info for.

(still being edited)

Edited by BoomBlocks
  • Brohoof 2

Hey, I can't do any of that computer-stuff (I just write), but I think I can offer a few tips on generating some responses.

First off, know that a LOT of people come here asking for help with games. Maybe they'll get a few helpers, but generally that's about it. Projects fall through left and right in this fandom, so people want assurance that your project will see results. The best way to do that is to make a nice, clean OP with plenty of detail that draws people to the project.

A common mistake people make is saying "I can't tell you the plot because it is secret but join me anyway." This generally does not work one bit. Give people a lot of information--the story, major characters, your timeline for the project, what kind of software and tools people should be proficient with, and exact numbers of people you're looking for (i.e. "I need two people who can code C# in Visual Studio."), among other things that you see as necessary to include.

Also, it helps to know the general process of making a game. While grabbing VAs early and keeping them interested is nice, you won't really be using them for quite a while. You first need writers, coders, and all the framework-building people first. Artists get thrown in eventually, and VAs are generally towards the back. Then comes beta testers and what-not.

I've been on plenty of game projects, including an RPG and an MMO. Every one of them has fallen through, and it breaks my heart each time.  :(

If you want more of my inane advice, feel free to ask away and/or PM me. Good luck with your project!  :squee:

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

GAME UPDATE: 2 Charactes put into unity, Test area baeing developed, 3rd charcter getting uv mapped, Teleportation code writen and corrected, Character show case area made:Total time 3Hours

...Ah, might as well throw my ring in to the lot. I'd like to volunteer as a writer. I feel that this could be a great opportunity for me, provided it goes through, and might make a good addition in a portfolio. But I understand if you'd rather not have my services, writing positions can be hard to find as that's where the concept of the game usually starts at.

Just saying, the models look bad, or, if you really want to know in my opinion, horrible. The names, I don't know. I have no experience with game developing other than a website called Scratch, where it's a drag and drop scripting thing, which, is actually pretty good. I can't really do anything. I don't know how to make these games, but, if you can, can you show me? I'm interested in making games of my own, but I don't know how, and all the programs cost too much.

Do you have a storyline completed? Do you have ALL the characters you are going to use? Are you going to use voices for dialogue, or are you going to show just text? 

Just saying, the models look bad, or, if you really want to know in my opinion, horrible. The names, I don't know. I have no experience with game developing other than a website called Scratch, where it's a drag and drop scripting thing, which, is actually pretty good. I can't really do anything. I don't know how to make these games, but, if you can, can you show me? I'm interested in making games of my own, but I don't know how, and all the programs cost too much.

Do you have a storyline completed? Do you have ALL the characters you are going to use? Are you going to use voices for dialogue, or are you going to show just text? 

Hey?! just saying but no one likes a partypooper. the models actualy are good its just the jpeg was made in my 3dmodeling program with no artificial light elements. . And remember u used scratch its mostly 2d. and the name i know are not good but im working on them. and what im working on is no drag and drop its all hand writen code. and i have plenty of experience making games.

I am working on the story-line today. I need a ton of models but stopped making them due  to the fact i need a rigger. yes im using dialogue along side text elements.

Hey?! just saying but no one likes a partypooper. the models actualy are good its just the jpeg was made in my 3dmodeling program with no artificial light elements. . And remember u used scratch its mostly 2d. and the name i know are not good but im working on them. and what im working on is no drag and drop its all hand writen code. and i have plenty of experience making games.

I am working on the story-line today. I need a ton of models but stopped making them due  to the fact i need a rigger. yes im using dialogue along side text elements.

Really, you should work on grammar  :lie:

• 2 weeks later...

currently i am the only one. And i would love for someone to help me.

Well i am able to help you if you like. I will admit I'm not pro but i know my stuff

Well i am able to help you if you like. I will admit I'm not pro but i know my stuff

That would be amazing. Just msg me on skype and we will discuss what i need for the game. My skype is on my profile.

• Brohoof 1

That would be amazing. Just msg me on skype and we will discuss what i need for the game. My skype is on my profile.

I will tomorrow when i can

If you need any help with the art I'd be more than willing to help :) I could do some scene or character concept sketches, or even storyboard design. And I've never voice acted before, but if you need it I'm willing to be an extra.

If you need any help with the art I'd be more than willing to help :) I could do some scene or character concept sketches, or even storyboard design. And I've never voice acted before, but if you need it I'm willing to be an extra.

Sure you can do the concept are and help with the story board. If u want plz draw a sketch on Shade to test your skills. The link is in the passage of the topic above.