Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Have Recurring Dreams?

Ecntrix

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you meant "recurring". Just edited the title of your thread a little to reflect that :)

Last spring I kept having recurring dreams about failing tests and subsequently flunking out of school, due to a lot of academic anxiety I'd been going through. Thankfully they stopped sometime in the summer.

I get the occasional reoccurring dream, usually however the the reoccurring dreams seems to be very abstract. It's usually something like falling and viewing events that have happened to me but played out differently than I remember them. I'm thinking this dream means that I regret something in life, but I can never pin point what exactly I would regret.

There's another dream I have often which is less abstract in which I've become animator and have to deal with an important deadline, it's weird to me that that one happens at least once a year.

Edited by ukxRainbowdash

Surprisingly no. As mundane and boring as my dreams usually are, I never seem to get the same dream twice. :| It is always a different scenario in some way. For me, it would feel rather strange having a specific dream more than once, the sense of deja vu would make me feel incredibly odd. :P 

• 1 month later...

One time I had the same dream about going to mermaid school for a week straight.

Mostly though, the recurring parts of my dream are the places I go. I'll be dreaming, and think to myself, "oh hey, I remember this place. I've been here before." Then I wake up and realize I'd had a different kind of dream in that exact same place.

I've only had one dream that's really reoccuring, and it leaves me waking up depressed each time. Sad story [ spoilered ] below:

I end up sitting next to my ex, who was my best friend in high school, in the high school art room. We just sit there talking, nobody else in the room, as we just draw. I can never tell what we're talking about, or what we're drawing, but I know we're both smiling, and happy. I always wrap my arms around her in a quick hug, and she fades away as I wake up. 

We broke up this past August, and I had no friends to talk with about my depression because she was my only really close friend. Dreams don't help keeping positive, obviously. >_>

I have a lot of recurring anxiety dreams.

A common one involves me being back in school again, and I have to do a presentation. From there, it can go one of two ways. Either I haven't prepared anything to present, or I have prepared something, but it's something incredibly embarrassing. Then I sit there waiting in dread until I wake up, hoping that the teacher doesn't call on me.

Another common one involves my family finding out that I'm a brony, usually with negative reactions and much embarrassment. :lol:

Two dreams have been recurring for me over the years, the first more toward the beginning of that time period, the second more recently.

The first would be marching band dreams! I'd randomly end up a part of my high school marching band even though I graduated. These dreams were actually pretty unnerving because the vast majority of them were me getting randomly included in the performance/show for a competition - usually Grand Nationals! I had never marched the show before and had no idea what I was doing. I'd always wake up before the show started. It'd just be me in a uniform lining up. Lol.

A less common sort of variation in high school and right out of high school was me performing in some ensemble on one of the instruments I then dreamed of playing... Clarinet, saxophone, oboe, etc. lol

The second dream which has been most common in recent years is a college dream. It's somewhere late in the semester, and I have classes that I haven't showed up to for a long time for some strange reason. I begin freaking out about failing those classes. Sometimes it's also finals, and I've also missed the finals for those classes.

I can easily analyze that the second type of dreams are still a leftover from the two classes I failed in my first two years. Although that is now seven years behind me, and it's sad that this would haunt me as those classes I didn't fail from negligence, not attending, I failed them for the personal reasons that turned my life upside down during that time.

So that dream might also just be telling me I need to go back to school? I know that the marching band dreams were in the midst of me feeling depressed about not being in marching band anymore. I've only had one recently and that was a few weeks ago after I went and watched the send-off performance. That time I don't remember it being me going to perform, but I remember it being something that really disturbed me and put me in a really disturbed mood when I woke up. I don't think I'd physically be able to march again, so that's what depresses me.

I don't really remember my dreams, but I think I did have recurring dream once.

I was in some weird video game store like Gamestop in a mall or something and then sometime later I had another dream where I was in the same store.

Well it actually is a recurring nightmare I have I never had a dream similar to another of my dreams.

And uh, I don't really feel like telling everypony what's that nightmare... It's actually something really awfu that has happened to me.

Edited by SilyGeny

I've had to that I can recall.

• A dark hooded figure that resembled a Nazgul. 
  • A book case that is actually a secretly a door that sends me into a well furnished room and locks after you enter. I felt safe in these rooms.

The second dream which has been most common in recent years is a college dream. It's somewhere late in the semester, and I have classes that I haven't showed up to for a long time for some strange reason. I begin freaking out about failing those classes. Sometimes it's also finals, and I've also missed the finals for those classes.

That's a common one for me as well.

• 3 years later...