Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sketching Some Midnight Sparkle

Apexiled

I loved Friendship Games and I loved Twilight Sparkle's transformation even more.  :pinkie: So I just felt like drawing her. Still a newbie at drawing and would appreciate some feedback and constructive criticism. 

tumblr_nvo229kc3c1tl4d94o1_r1_540.jpg

• Brohoof 7

It's very detailed, you're talented <3 ^o^ 

That's awesome. All you got to do is color her purple and it'll be just like in the movie :)

Thanks a bunch guys!

• Brohoof 1

A good drawing. You did a swell job drawing her and I appreciate the effort you put in to add shading.

The next sentences will be suggestions, so forgive me if you feel offended by anything.

Your drawing is fantastic overall, but I noticed some minor details that you probably haven't noticed. You did a good job on her anatomy, but I noticed her legs are a tad off center and not high enough. They are well drawn, but need to be higher and farther to the right. You probably drew that part of her after you drew the skirt which caused the body to be improperly aligned; this happens for a lot of drawings. If you draw her body outline first before adding stuff like clothes and accessories, you will have the best chance of having correct anatomy. Think of it as something like a store mannequin. Draw the body and then draw add-ons.

Besides that there are only very minor opinions I have. The glow you drew around her eyes is a tad too faint. It could be darkened a bit more. Lastly, I don't think that smile fits her character perfectly. If you can elongate her smile into more of an evil smirk I think that would better suit her.

You did a fantastic job here and we can expect to find a new talented artist among us.

• Brohoof 1

A good drawing. You did a swell job drawing her and I appreciate the effort you put in to add shading. The next sentences will be suggestions, so forgive me if you feel offended by anything.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance, and no worries, I was hoping for some constructive criticism/ feedback.

You probably drew that part of her after you drew the skirt which caused the body to be improperly aligned; this happens for a lot of drawings. If you draw her body outline first before adding stuff like clothes and accessories, you will have the best chance of having correct anatomy. Think of it as something like a store mannequin. Draw the body and then draw add-ons.

Caught me red handed, :adorkable: I did draw the skirt first and then the legs. Drawing the body first will come in handy next drawing!

The glow you drew around her eyes is a tad too faint. It could be darkened a bit more. Lastly, I don't think that smile fits her character perfectly. If you can elongate her smile into more of an evil smirk I think that would better suit her.

My shading sucks to be honest in general and as for the smile... I don't know I was trying to go for more of a "bedroom eyes" kinda style. Thanks again for the feedback!  ^_^