Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you meet your best friend?

PegaDash1

Well it was fifth grade, and we both had no friends. So she just came up to me asking me to hang out. Of corse, we both expected it to not work out, but here we are, 3 years later, still best friends! Nothin too special, really.

• Brohoof 2

It went like this.. It was my first year of school and I was really really shy.. I didn't know anyone and felt like I'm not going to have a fun day at school.. Went my mother dropped me off at my new class room I started crying until one girl came up to me and cheered me up! She also introduced me to her other friends which I came best friends with and after 7 years we're still BFFs!! Except one of them is my Bestie.. But that doesn't matter.

Back in my very first day of first class, we were allowed to bring in a whole bunch of treats and chocolates to celebrate the occasion. At some point during the day, my bag of goodies went missing, possibly taken by the one of the others, but I never knew. Naturally I was quite upset about the whole thing, but then one of my classmates came over and promptly offered me goodies from him own bag.

:pinkie: was about the reaction I had.

Anyway we got talking for the rest of the day, and now about 15+ years later we're still the best of friends. Simple as. ^_^

It was around in fourth grade two days after Valentine's Day that I switched schools.

I met him sliding down a pile of frozen snow and we still talk to this day!

Hm...i have 2 extremely close guy friends. One I met in 7th grade at a dance, he was dating a girl I knew at the time. The other I met in a club I was in 8th grade. We're all still close even now a few years later.

Girl wise, I have no clue lol. I'm just really close with some.

He moved into the street I was living in. He alone, playing by himself just outside his house, while me and another 'friend' were playing outside too. I asked if he wanted to join us, and the other 'friend' objected, spouting something racist and inappropriate, so I figured I shouldn't be friends with him anymore, and try and, at the very least, make the new kid confident, and we ended up being bro's for life! Well, bro's for 15 years so far at least

Edited by Mothra

My best friend prefers his name not be publicly known.

Anyway, it was 11th grade, first day of school. I was put in class with him, and the first thing we all did there was tell our names and a fun fact about us. I decided to go for it and tell everyone I was a brony, and surprisingly everyone accepted it. I was mostly worried about him though, since he looked like he could kick my ass in a heartbeat. The first thing he said to me was "I, too, am a Brony."

At lunch I found him sitting alone, so I decided to sit with him. He seemed hesitant at first, kinda like he was not a people person. But we started chatting about ponies, and it dragged on to other interests. We found out we had a lot in common.. Except religion stuff. I'm an open christian, and he was an atheist. So we just agreed to disagree and never talk about it so that we would never fight over it.

Anyway, I invited him over to have an overnight at my house, which he accepted. That's when our bond became like gorilla glue. We even decided to get a house and live as roommates for a few years before we head to college and go on with our own lives. 4 years later, he's still the greatest friend I've ever had, despite me moving to Texas. There hasn't been one day without a 5 hour long Skype call doing what we did when we met regularly in person. Do I miss meeting up in person? A hell of a lot. But over the internet is better than nothing and I know that we'll meet up again.

At the university. He wanted to be my friend so badly and I remember telling him I wasn't interested in being his friend (yep, that's me). He kinda took it as a challenge and even if I kept pushing him away and being a total b*tch to him, he never gave up. He is indeed the best friend I could ever have. Love you Maru <3

I know a lot of people, and we talk occasionally. But... I don't have a friend that would be considered in the norms of being a best friend. :(

Edited by Stardust*

Kindergarten/whatever it's called elsewhere in the world! We met on pretty much the first day of school - funnily enough, I befriended one of their other friends first, but we just grew closer and closer (especially now that we're in highschool together). So that makes... 11 years and going strong! :D

Let me put it this way. I have yet to experience the true magic of friendship.

Sure, I had a handful of friends/acquaintances through grade school but was never close enough to call any of them a best friend. They were mostly just people I hung around due to circumstance, i.e. class schedule. Like one of my better early friends back in kindergarten. We just so happened to sit next to each other in class and our moms knew each other.      

I met my best friend in 10 th grade . But I knew her in 9th. I was extremely shy , bullied, and afraid of people . Sue reached out to me , and the beginning of 10 th grade we became best friends. She's been by my side through great things end the downsides. She's my sister . By heart !

I have 4 best friends and I met all like so:

1. This one I actually met on the forums, he is my boyfriend too. ^___^ That is @. We met here over two years ago and it went on from there. I am quite lucky in that regard. :)

2. One of my other best friends, I met him 12 years ago. I had just got a bunch of games for my Gamecube for Christmas and he was doing a fundraiser thing with a friend for the school we went to. He saw that I was playing Gamecube and he was interesting in what games I had and we started talking from there because he also had a Gamecube. Looking back on that, it is really weird how random it was but I am glad that happened. :D

3. I met another one of my best friends in elementary school and get this, for years, we HATED each other. That is how we met, as enemies. It was a bad time. Then, over the years, we started talking to each other again and we eventually became really good friends. That is another thing that baffles me how it happened but  I Am So glad that it did. 

4. I think I met another one in high school in my first year. We started talking on the bus about certain games that we both liked and it went on from there. 

I realize that I am so lucky to have all the friends that I do. Each and every friend I have here and the few friends I have offline . I cherish all of you. ^___^

• Brohoof 1